It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities finally reveal location of jailed Colorado theater killer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Feelings only count in murder, not warfare? I get that. Recruits have feelings conditioned out of them by 'training', indoctrination and practice.

No, they don't. I've been through it.

You're the one pulling out two rule books. Empires write those laws stacked in their favor. Its a license to kill, I mean war , I mean murder whole other nations, applying double 'standards' abroad and back home.

Yes, two rule books--both showing the same rules.

No legal war "murders whole other nations"--this is the appeal to emotion that I'm talking about. It's not legal to kill non-combatants. If someone is a combatant against you and taking your life is their main objective, you have every right to respond with deadly force, no matter who declared the war.

I don't know if you realize this, but I was a paralegal the entirety of my military career, along with being privy to court transcripts of trials involving military members charged with war crimes. There are crimes during war that do happen and do get charged, but killing an enemy combatant is not against the law. Please either understand that, or just drop the discussion.

In any event, I find it appropriate to just say "peace" and end this discussion myself.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join