It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lutheran or catholic..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I grew up lutheran. But i had to recite a cotholic catecism. I forget it now.

His translation of the Bible also helped to develop a standard version of the German language and added several principles to the art of translation. Luther's hymns sparked the development of congregational singing in Christianity. His marriage, on June 13, 1525, to Katharina von Bora, a former nun, began the tradition of clerical marriage within several Christian traditions.

Ive always felt a bit sqweemish singing in church. Im more tuned to my own musical abilities than others. Luther is awesome because look at lutheran america. Were not fighting over which Jesus is which and how he empowers us to conquer. We are living. Lives.

I personaly suffer alot. Physical and mental pain.
Jesus i know has me down a "at least for now" good path.

I investigated how prophecy might be interactions of magnetics and atmosphere on the perceptual cortexes. I found my guess was right.

When the future discovers the past. Extreme paradoxes occur inbetween times. Technology.

There.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

I don't know that America is so perfect with the highest murder rate in the developed world, corrupt law enforcement running rife, your government not being what it was supposed to be etc.
But in my book America is still the good guy.

That said I hope you get better, to me I believe this.
As long as you are a CHRISTIAN first and foremost then denomination is neither here nor there, as long as CHRIST is your living and reigning king, your true government then it does not matter.

The Church is NOT your savior Christ is your Savior and the Church is supposed to be his body on earth, it is exactly that among the true believers, it is not the building, the denomination, the organization but the church is the body made up of those that come to Jesus first and foremost.

Those whom divide the church by denomination are simply corrupt politician's wanting there own piece of the kingdom.

There is only ONE king, ONE savior.

Martin Luther was a Jesuit priest, his action's were correct because the Corrupted catholic hierarchy were no longer spreading the good news, they were denying the people the good news in there own language and instead having it ministered in a dead language non of them could speak while it's internal structure as an organization was riddled with corruption, princes of the church living like well princes from the donation's which were actually meant to help the poor especially among the congregation whom ARE the church.

But you know the Lutheran priest hood is actually no better, oh there are good guy's and pastors in both denomination's but there are princes of the church - made ultra wealthy from the donation's - in the Lutheran fold as well.

As long as you hold to Jesus I know he will hold to you and may god bless you, your family and keep you safe.

Remember those that are true believers in Christ regardless of there denomination are your brothers and sisters, you are actually part of a real church with them, one whose only denomination is Christian.

God bless and keep you, may the road's rise with you and the wind be always at your back.

edit on 28-9-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: anotherside

Neither...

read the gospels... no need to pick your preferred sect of belief who all have it wrong anyways

edit on 28-9-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Neither.

If I'm anything, it's deist. As expressed in our free will.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm not sure that the OP was talking about Lutheran America as America the nation but more as American Lutherans, but even than, American Lutherans have their internal disagreements that have led to splintering of the synods.

I think, OP, the most important thing is that you center your life around God and Christ and let the Holy Spirit work in you and your life. I think then it doesn't matter what denomination you are, you'll be all right.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Grew up in the ELCA.
Evangelical Lutheran Church of America to those not in the know. Had an amazing pastor during the whole catechism time. He encouraged us to look at other faiths and belief systems. I ended up minoring in religious studies at university.
His point was, there is no one Answer to all of life's questions and to pigeonhole yourself to only one belief system is a great disservice.

Funny anecdote: I found out years later that my family was Catholic from the get go. Immigrants from Germany seeking less persecution. My great grandfather had his kids in church one day and kids being kids, they were acting up. The priest stopped mass and told him to get them under control or leave. He left. Went across the street to the Lutheran church and never looked back.

top topics

join