It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: nmaben
a reply to: ColoradoJens Your logic and your analogy, is completely asSinine. I suggest, you stick it back up your backside, from where it originated.

Looks like another yes vote...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Talk about a bad example. Yours is apples-and-Tuesday. A dead service member returning home has NOTHING to do with a national symbol. People engaged in 'the protest' are protesting social injustices within the United States. Not the military. Stop trying to distort the issue.

You bet your arse it has everything to do with a national symbol, that is why we get draped.

I am.ok with protesting, it's all good until violence.

Right now, it's now a fad and off topic.

Over and over again, in many threads..its been shown this is all b.s and trendy.

Don't protest without being proactive. Show your salt or shut up. Arguments are nothing and pass.
Mg

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: ketsuko

But I guess honoring the flag of the country we do happen to live in is somehow strange.

It's not strange at all. The NFL Players we can't quit talking about are honoring our Flag in a different manner, in order to communicate a message that not all Americans are treated equally.
They better figure out a better way to fool the fans. Everyone knows it's a ruse and that's why the stands are half empty.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: ketsuko

But I guess honoring the flag of the country we do happen to live in is somehow strange.

It's not strange at all. The NFL Players we can't quit talking about are honoring our Flag in a different manner, in order to communicate a message that not all Americans are treated equally.
They better figure out a better way to fool the fans. Everyone knows it's a ruse and that's why the stands are half empty.

You don't speak for everyone.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: nmaben
a reply to: ColoradoJens Your logic and your analogy, is completely asSinine. I suggest, you stick it back up your backside, from where it originated.

Did you graduate from Trump University?

Oh wait ... no one did, did they.

J/K

Look here's the deal, fellow American. I appreciate that you love our country, our Flag, our Anthem and all that represents, particularly the men and women who have put their lives on the lines for our freedoms and way of life, some paying the ultimate price.

In this matter, however, not all Americans share your opinions on this topic. That doesn't make us less American or less patriotic or less appreciative of our soldiers, vets, and honored dead.

TL; DR - Get over it.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Did you graduate from Trump University?

Oh wait ... no one did, did they.

It think some did graduate but from a different part of the university then real estate/business.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Really? I just remember he settled a class-action lawsuit for 25 mill.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

a reply to: roadgravel

Really? I just remember he settled a class-action lawsuit for 25 mill.

Let me clarify

It was the Blind Following degree from the School of BandWagon.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: tjack

Are we to now argue the definition of the word "present"?

Apparently? Your post.

originally posted by: tjack
Anyone cite flag code yet? It states "all present"

If you are hearing the national anthem, then you are present for the national anthem.

You can say it doesn't count when it is broadcast via a television. But that makes no sense, because many, if not most, sporting events broadcast the national anthem as a recording. Obviously flag code does not specify it must be a live performance of the anthem.

Put very simply..If you are listening to the National Anthem, then you are very plainly present for the national anthem. Whether you are 10 feet from the broadcast source, in the back row of the stadium, or at home, you remain "present" where you are for the National Anthem.

YOU are the one citing pseudo-legalese of "flag code".
I thought it was a ridiculous argument.
Just wanted to point out if you are going to debate flag code's legal language, then you fail there.

edit on 29-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: soberbacchus

If a funeral procession is driving past while you're in your home do you take off your hat and stand at attention, or do you when you're outside in view to show them respect?

Good questions.

It would depend on how literally you take the "Flag Code".

The poster I responded appeared to take it very literally.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66 Trump University, well, that is funny. I am glad, you respect and understand why some of us are annoyed at the protest. It wouldn't make any difference to me, what they were protesting. It was the wrong venue. As I've said before, I see it as very disrespectful and will no longer support the NFL in any way shape or form. We'll just have to agree to disadisagree. As you said, get over it. As far as the O/ P, I stand by my remarks. As an off-topic side note, the only reason I voted for Trump, is that he wasn't Hillary. I wasn't going to suffer another Bush or Clinton in the White House and worked hard to make sure that didn't happen. One can take the moral high ground and vote libertarian, as I have done in the past. Then what happens, you get an Obama. Trump has decided to move ahead with the war agenda, hand-in-hand with the military /security complex. Do I agree, am I happy, No.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

How many of you who are so outraged stand, take off your hat, and put your hand over your heart in your living room when it is played? I'd say a small minority.

i'd say just as many as there are that take a knee

watching tv in your living room? gimme a break troll

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why do you people believe this is required? An image of a flag is not to be treated as a flag. For example if you have a pin with a flag on it should everyone salute as you pass by?? This is insanely stupid comment you made and just shows your lack of understanding about the country and the flag. Try educating yourself a before you speak it stops you from saying stupid things.
edit on 9/29/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Please stand, per video...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: fiverx313

"Anecdotal evidence"...it's only hearsay if you don't choose to OPEN YOUR EYES and see what's going on. PLENTY of outrage displayed by vets, servicemen and women. If you and your husband are fine kneeling when are national anthem is played, well good for you. PLENTY of people that disagree with your opinion...but I guess it's "hearsay" when you hear that, huh? Would you and your "servicemember" husband kneel at a ceremony for a servicemember coming home in a flag draped coffin? Betcha not many people attending would be "fine with it." Another thing...show me a picture of our military cadets in training kneeling before our flag and during our national anthem. Or how about officers and servicemembers stationed on our nation's many bases, kneeling before our flag and during our national anthem. Show me!

i think that for one thing, you confuse the symbol and the substance. idolatry doesn't usually work out that well for anyone.

for another, i can support someone else's protest without joining it myself, as can service members. it's called nuance. some of us apply it pretty ably to the world around us.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: carewemust

Most Networks don't show the National Anthem, unless its the NFL playoffs. They have commercials running.

Does that upset you? When it is on, do you stand in your living room?

DO YOU? I don't.

So what's your beef with the NFL players not standing?

The "beef" is the protesting while not standing. This issue is not about the spectators, at the game or at home.

We (the spectators, at game or at home) are not the one's protesting, we are not the one's disrespecting the National Anthem by protesting during.

That is the issue.

Deflect on.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum

Most Networks don't show the National Anthem, unless its the NFL playoffs. They have commercials running.

Does that upset you? When it is on, do you stand in your living room?

DO YOU? I don't.

So what's your beef with the NFL players not standing?

The "beef" is the protesting while not standing. This issue is not about the spectators, at the game or at home.

We (the spectators, at game or at home) are not the one's protesting, we are not the one's disrespecting the National Anthem by protesting during.

That is the issue.

Deflect on.

Apparently a lot more people don't like the protest than some think in here.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Did you purposely leave out the protesting in your little rant, because that is what this is about.

Protesting. Protesting. Protesting. Get it.

Since I guess you think the most perfect time and place to protest is at a live NFL game, during the National Anthem, right?

Any other deflection from that issue, is just that, deflecting.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

Apparently a lot more people don't like the protest than some think in here.

dailycaller.com...

among Donald Trump supporters

Who would have ever thought that Trump supporters would support Trump.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Since I guess you think the most perfect time and place to protest is at a live NFL game, during the National Anthem, right?

It seems to be a good time for a protest given the result.

Protests are OK except when (fill in the blank).

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join