It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's rich how all the libs are for anthem kneeling, yet they were all in vapor lock whenever Tim Tebow took a knee on the football field to profess his Christian faith.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
This manufactured outrage is so sad, it exposes so much hypocrisy.

The majority of people watch the game on TV. How many of you who are so outraged stand, take off your hat, and put your hand over your heart in your living room when it is played? I'd say a small minority.

If the anthem is not played on TV, are you outraged and feel the need to contact the TV networks? Are you angry when the anthem is not played at a concert or a play? Is your outrage selective like that?

I've been around a lot of football fans, both sides of the political spectrum and in 25 years have never once seen someone stand unless they are at the game. And at the game you'll notice a lot of empty seats as fans use the time to get beer and food and go to the bathroom.

Bars? Never. Even for the Super Bowl - usually people say like "Come ON! Get on with it! This is too taking too long!"

People really do like the war planes that fly over, and they love the Navy parachute guys, I'll say that.

But seriously, have you been doing your civic duty and been standing for the anthem, say when you are out shopping and the game is on tv at best buy? Do you report the employees that keep selling TV's during the Anthem? Why not? SHouldn't they be fired for ignoring it?

Do you stand in your home? If no, you need to look in a mirror and ask why you are such a blatant liar with your feelings. That is unless you never thought about it before, which I would surmise comprises 90% of you or more.

Nope. I don't. Do you kneel in your home when the Anthem comes on? That completes the irrelevancy portion of your disputation .

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: MysticPearl

I don't allow anyone to wear a hat indoors in my house.

I find that disrespectful.

My mom used to make me take my hat off at the dinner table. I always thought my sweaty hat hair from playing outside all day was more disrespectful. Looked like a slobbering mouse licked my head.

Oh well, her house, her rules.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
What about the Olympics? USA gold medal, anthem played.

Okay, so I'm middle-aged IT director who hasn't played any sports since high school except a couple pick up games of football. Oh and horseshoes and the occasional game of badminton with one of those cheap sets people put up, play with for a couple days until they've mangled/lost all the birdies and half the rackets have too many broken strings to play.

The question is: what could I start training to gold medal in? (okay, bronze)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

That's funny. Who's hysterical about it? Those against the players kneeling - that's it.

The constitution gives you the freedom to protest.

The NFL is a private entity and can do what it likes.

This is about the National Anthem and why so many who don't stand when it plays demand the players who don't stand get fired. It's about your hypocrisy, nothing else.

link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

a reply to: ColoradoJens

If i happen to see the start of a game on TV, I will alternate standing and taking a knee. I'll be fair to both sides. Guess I'll need to install a white board to keep the tally marks.

Good luck getting anyone else to do that. Sounds too much like exercise.

And apparently for all those blowing up at how much they hate the NFL, it is too much exercise.

Whoa, I don't hate the NFL. It's about being unified with both sides in this hoopla.

link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
It's rich how all the libs are for anthem kneeling, yet they were all in vapor lock whenever Tim Tebow took a knee on the football field to profess his Christian faith.

Same lefties who are all for kneeling during the anthem were strongly against the Dallas Cowboys players paying respect to the cops who were killed a few years ago by those snipers.

So the NFL capitulated to the crying and didn't allow the players to pay respect to fallen police officers.

So none of this is about respecting freedom of expression. Per usual, it's selective outrage for a cause which the left this time, agrees with.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

And apparently for all those blowing up at how much they hate the NFL, it is too much exercise.

Well according to half the conservatives on ATS, they've got season tickets they're now selling. (yea I wasn't buying it either)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: c2oden

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
It’s just football anyways. You guys need hockey in your life. In hockey we stand for all anthems.

After the liberals get done with trying to kill football, hockey will be next.

Ah, yeah. Libs and stuff trying to kill football. So most of the people returning their tickets and flooding the boards about the "baby millionaires" silent protest are Libs? Hmmm. Weird.

No. They are not liberals.
It's liberal deception that led to it.
Liberals are trying to kill football because it represents all they hate.

Masculinity.

So the conservatives love football because of the brain damage the players suffer?

I doubt it, but I can't speak for conservatives.
There are plenty around here you can ask.

link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

This manufactured outrage is so sad, it exposes so much hypocrisy.

The majority of people watch the game on TV. How many of you who are so outraged stand, take off your hat, and put your hand over your heart in your living room when it is played? I'd say a small minority.

If the anthem is not played on TV, are you outraged and feel the need to contact the TV networks? Are you angry when the anthem is not played at a concert or a play? Is your outrage selective like that?

I've been around a lot of football fans, both sides of the political spectrum and in 25 years have never once seen someone stand unless they are at the game. And at the game you'll notice a lot of empty seats as fans use the time to get beer and food and go to the bathroom.

Bars? Never. Even for the Super Bowl - usually people say like "Come ON! Get on with it! This is too taking too long!"

People really do like the war planes that fly over, and they love the Navy parachute guys, I'll say that.

But seriously, have you been doing your civic duty and been standing for the anthem, say when you are out shopping and the game is on tv at best buy? Do you report the employees that keep selling TV's during the Anthem? Why not? SHouldn't they be fired for ignoring it?

Do you stand in your home? If no, you need to look in a mirror and ask why you are such a blatant liar with your feelings. That is unless you never thought about it before, which I would surmise comprises 90% of you or more.

Nope. I don't. Do you kneel in your home when the Anthem comes on? That completes the irrelevancy portion of your disputation .

Do tell. Until last week it would have never occurred to me to stand in my living room for the national anthem.

Just like for 99% of everyone here.

Were you gnashing with the thought, oh man, what if that camera on my TV is watching me and I'm not standing?

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I don't allow anyone to wear a hat indoors in my house.

Taking your hat off indoors was a goofy European custom that they brow beat us into accepting. Prior to that bad ass Americans even wore hats in Congress.

Signed,
Hat Guy

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I'd say many of the players in the NFL are very equipped to have the discussion.

Most of the general population is not well equipped to have this discussion. Taking a few undergrad classes in race and gender studies, postcolonialism, etc does not mean you are well equipped.

And maybe that's the problem: A small amount of education and a whole lotta misapplication.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

This is about the National Anthem and why so many who don't stand when it plays demand the players who don't stand get fired. It's about your hypocrisy, nothing else.

Where did I demand anyone get fired? I've said nothing like that. They can kneel as long as their employer allows it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

If i happen to see the start of a game on TV, I will alternate standing and taking a knee. I'll be fair to both sides. Guess I'll need to install a white board to keep the tally marks.

Good luck getting anyone else to do that. Sounds too much like exercise.

Whoa, I don't hate the NFL. It's about being unified with both sides in this hoopla.

I'm with you there - kinda the point of the OP. People are really all the same. They just choose to get mad at certain things because it upsets their world view.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

A sport where you lie or sit down, maybe luge or bob sled. Archery maybe.

edit:

Breka out badminton skills

I'll cheer for ya.
edit on 9/27/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yadda333

I'd say many of the players in the NFL are very equipped to have the discussion.

Most of the general population is not well equipped to have this discussion. Taking a few undergrad classes in race and gender studies, postcolonialism, etc does not mean you are well equipped.

And maybe that's the problem: A small amount of education and a whole lotta misapplication.

Well, I'd say growing up in extreme poverty as a black man gives them insight you or I may not have.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

And it's rich how the opposite is equally as true. Funny how that works. Might be why this has become the "issue" it is, they keep serving up these subjective issues on a silver platter, so we'll argue and argue and argue while nothing is solved. Just dig those trenches deeper and deeper, it's the American way!

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Where did I demand anyone get fired? I've said nothing like that. They can kneel as long as their employer allows it.

My bad. It was Trump who said it. I take it back.

(post by carewemust removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

link   

Don't suppose you've got any references to all those leftists "crying" do you?

That was about a request to place stickers on the helmets. The NFL has copyrights on what is on a helmet, the form, shape and appearance. The NFL denied the request (not without condemnation from many quarters.)

I'd love to see your evidence that leftists "crying" caused the NFL to act though. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join