It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd Guess maybe 5 Percent of those who watch the NFL stand for the Anthem. The hypocrisy is HUGE

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: c2oden

I guess I just choose to not let the state dictate what is right or wrong for me.

How do you feel about North Koreans honoring dear leader out of tradition and being disowned or punished for not toeing the line? Do you think it's fair that they are punished for not bowing down to Kim?

Take a look in the mirror, you're guilty of the same thing except with a flag.

You are missing the point entirely.
It has nothing to do with the "state".
It is about showing respect for something that deserves respect.

It is about respecting what the flag stands for, and honoring those who have fought for which it stands.

It has nothing to do with politics or agendas.

Show some respect.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Not the submission part mind you, but it is a common practice to kneel when a fellow athlete is injured and has to be helped off the field. All the other athletes will kneel in respect until he or she can get off the field, either under their own power or with help.

And how about that Tim Tebow, eh?

Just wierd.

They're praying.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

But not for all.

Otherwise expect a bunch of arrests at next weeks football games.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Who get to determine if my outrage is fake? I really want to know because I might want to get outraged later and I want to get prior approval.

If you're able to rise up out of your ass-cratered Lay-Z-Boy and kick the television it's real outrage. If you have to call Mrs. DB over to do it for you than it's only fake outrage.

None of my outrage is fake, no matter what anyone says.

Not like I'd let some Marxist pansy determine for me anyways.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

No. Fake outrage is the point of this thread.

fake outrage has been the point of everything prior to and since the election. its all bs to distract from the career politicians that keep screwing us over on both sides but people are lemmings and love to.... oh a rainbow so pretty.
edit on 27-9-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

link   

...Marxist pansy...

Redundant.

link   
a reply to: seeker1963

We get it, you hate the country, you hate the flag, you hate your freedom.

Wow, you seem to know me better than I know myself! I'm impressed because even I didn't know that about me. I just thought I was ok with freedom of expression in whatever form it comes, but I guess I'm really just an evil person for not bowing to an inanimate object.

From here forward I will start bowing to my false idol, I don't want to be seen a those things you mentioned that's for sure!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Who get to determine if my outrage is fake? I really want to know because I might want to get outraged later and I want to get prior approval.

If you're able to rise up out of your ass-cratered Lay-Z-Boy and kick the television it's real outrage. If you have to call Mrs. DB over to do it for you than it's only fake outrage.

Well, now he's discussing with his wife whether or not to be outraged by your definition of outrage. My guess is that her answer will be "a salad."

link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

But not for all.

Otherwise expect a bunch of arrests at next weeks football games.

I think people should be free to sh#t on the flag.

I just will disagree with it and turn my back to them.

What's so hard to understand?

link   

None of my outrage is fake, no matter what anyone says.

Not like I'd let some Marxist pansy determine for me anyways.

I thought fake outrage was the point of the internet?

link   

originally posted by: TheScale

fake outrage has been the point of everything prior to and since the election. its all bs to distract from the career politicians that keep screwing us over on both sides but people are lemmings and love to.... oh a rainbow so pretty.

Trump certainly doesn't help.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Well, now he's discussing with his wife whether or not to be outraged by your definition of outrage. My guess is that her answer will be "a salad."

You are a cruel, cruel man, Capn 'Murica.

I approve.

link   

...Marxist pansy...

Redundant.

Not to mention repetitive...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Trump reference! Everyone take a drink!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

thats actually pretty much bs the politicians would love to keep everyone focused on that so u dont put the blame where it should reside, on the people in washington who have been there far longer then trump while screwing us over the entire time
edit on 27-9-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

I think you're missing the point, those veterans fought for my right to sit or stand as I please.

This 97 year old WWII Vet seems to agree with me.

Go on, call him un-American, I dare you.

link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Trump reference! Everyone take a drink!

YAY! Third beer for me!

link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
Conservative and liberal snowflakes.... I think I have an idea for a new cereal. I need to patent that #.

Blue donkey and Red Elephants mixed with white marshmallow snowflakes. You could call them Trigger Berry Snowflake Crunch.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: seeker1963

We get it, you hate the country, you hate the flag, you hate your freedom.

Wow, you seem to know me better than I know myself! I'm impressed because even I didn't know that about me. I just thought I was ok with freedom of expression in whatever form it comes, but I guess I'm really just an evil person for not bowing to an inanimate object.

From here forward I will start bowing to my false idol, I don't want to be seen a those things you mentioned that's for sure!

You don't have the balls to say what you mean and dance around the issues as to not incriminate yourself, so I can only guess?

So ARE YOU AN ANARCHIST? I noticed you avoided answering that question?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
Do you stand in your home? If no, you need to look in a mirror and ask why you are such a blatant liar with your feelings. That is unless you never thought about it before, which I would surmise comprises 90% of you or more.

There are a lot of things done in a stadium that nobody does at home, and vise versa. This OP is a horribly poor argument. How many people bow their heads and pray when they see it on TV versus bowing their heads and praying at the dinner table in their home? How many people shoot off fireworks in their living room while watching the 4th of July programming from the major cities? How many people throw slime at their television when watching a live Nickelodian program?

So again the answer is no. Thanks. I'm using this thread and the responses to make another one. I appreciate your input.

So you admit to baiting the members?

Not at all. I asked a simple question. Can you answer it?

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join