It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope you didn't take this Antifa Twitter account seriously

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I'm just following your lead my friend, you're the one who took it in this direction. I never once said that bots were unique to one side and one side only yet you have accused me of saying that multiple times in this thread.

Why not create a thread about fake accounts on the left? I'll gladly throw it a star and flag, I just saw this near the top of Reddit and thought it was appropriate to this forum.

You already pointed out that the location isn't based on GPS which I wasn't aware of and to which I admitted was a valid point. Yet you somehow turned that into me saying that only one side of the fake accounts should be removed. Where is your mind?

But anyways, thank you for answering the thread by pointing out that location is changeable on Twitter, I'm glad you told me otherwise I would be thinking the account actually was based in Russia.
edit on 9/27/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Why not create a thread about fake accounts on the left?

Because I can't seem to find the energy to care for something so irrelevant.

Enjoy your night, oh 3nlightened1.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

But you had the energy to care to post in this one?

You too KH0986. Thanks for bringing the location thing to my attention, now I'm not AS horrified by this.
edit on 9/27/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

IF YOU WANT TO SEE WHAT RUSSIAN BOTS ARE PUSHING IN REAL TIME HERE'S A LINK. It monitors Russian propaganda on twitter.

dashboard.securingdemocracy.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
For reference, some posts that have touted that particular Twitter account as a point for their positions:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There were even two threads dedicated to these twitter accounts:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I've never heard of this Twitter account before today

This should tell you all you need to know about how effective this unprecedented attack on american democracy is.

Might want to read those links I just posted from ATS where that account was used to back points by members.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Thank you for the detective work, this was my point ultimately. I'm sure there are just as many people who believe fake accounts on the other side are real as well.

A few posters in this thread have claimed that Antifa Boston has never been taken seriously. Hopefully they recant that statement at least to themselves.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Anyone that's been watching and sparring with Russian trolls knows their M.O.

I've said this before. They act like outrageous liberals to push people further to the right. I guess it's too hard to find people who can make Trump look good, so they just make the other side look bad. It's not really that complicated. Several have left farewell threads right here on ATS that explained exactly how they do it. Yet everyone still acts like they don't exist...

Which is why I've concluded that the posters that still deny it happening or it's influence are either on the payroll, or being willfully ignorant.

Take your pick.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You sound just like the right wingers that claim that Charlottesville was staged to make right wingers look bad. You do realize that right?
edit on 27-9-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
For reference, some posts that have touted that particular Twitter account as a point for their positions:

Glad to see one of my posts, lol

At the same time though, as I stated on this thread, one twitter account that may be fake doesn't detract from some of the violent behavior of some Antifa factions.

I'm a liberal. But maybe you shouldn't be so biased that there are no bad or delusional actors on the liberal side of things.

In fact, the hysteria right now, including protesting "nazis" at random university speeches, is absurd and making us liberals look like idiots.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Antifa is almost always flying the ol' USSR flag at their events.

You know the Soviet Union was formed by Russia, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Antifa is almost always flying the ol' USSR flag at their events.

You know the Soviet Union was formed by Russia, right?

Antifa doesn't support the Soviet Union though, they adhere to Cultural Marxism and the old Soviet rule....

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

At the same time though, as I stated on this thread, one twitter account that may be fake doesn't detract from some of the violent behavior of some Antifa factions.

I'm a liberal. But maybe you shouldn't be so biased that there are no bad or delusional actors on the liberal side of things.

In fact, the hysteria right now, including protesting "nazis" at random university speeches, is absurd and making us liberals look like idiots.

That's nice, but I'm a Republican.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

That's nice, but I'm a Republican.

Fair enough, apologies.

However, again, one fake twitter account doesn't prove much, especially when there is other evidence of extremist positions in Antifa factions. It's a nothing burger.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

He’s influencing the election, and stealing those sweet sweet retweets.

Or wait, what did they call it? Attacking our democracy?
edit on 27-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Yes. Something very like that.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What do you guys think?

I think the feds should investigate whether Russia is behind these riots and protests. ANTIFAP may well be supported by RUssia.

That might make sense considering how much the specter of Antifa has been used to manipulate your peer group.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I tried telling them. They don't listen.

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: infolurker

"CambridgeAntifa" is also a troll account too. Come on.

"Trump messed with the wrong transgender online political activists. We are strong and brave."

"These are the lion statues at the Chicago Art Institute. Enough is enough. They gotta go. "

I know "BeverlyHillsAntifa" is similar a troll/parody account. In fact, it's a whole network of interconnected parody accounts.

How do you feel that you just got played by "your side" and rushed to ATS to *hysterically* spread disinformation?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I really don't know or care either way. There's also a strong probability that this has already been mentioned but I didn't read the entire thread because honestly I'm sick as hell of political bickering so I don't know, but... Proxies. VPNs.

Anyone who has a twitter here and uses it on Android can go to the Play Store and download HOLA. Change your location in the top left to whatever country you'd like then go to Twitter and post something. I'm in NY. If I had a twitter account I could be posting "from" Bangladesh, for example.

This is not really proof of anything other than people are ready and willing to argue about everything.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This account is fake! The tweets are all fake!

You know that since this isn't involved with the GOP, nobody will bat an eye or think twice about it.

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join