It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope you didn't take this Antifa Twitter account seriously

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I think the point is to not take twitter posts from Antifa or any other group for that matter seriously. It could be a part of manipulation.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What do you guys think?

I think the feds should investigate whether Russia is behind these riots and protests. ANTIFAP may well be supported by RUssia.

wouldn't it be funny if it was found that Russians colluded democrats to influence an election?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Don't let your emotions think for you.

Did you just call me a lefty?!?!

On a serious note, this is big fat nothing burger.. and the irony of your title might be lost on you as well.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I think the point is to not take twitter posts from Antifa or any other group for that matter seriously. It could be a part of manipulation.

Who the hell even does?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

CNN is reporting that the Russians bought a Facebook ad targeting Ferguson and Baltimore during 2016 elections.

They have been and still are trying to pit Americans against each other. The whole Trump/Russia collusion is just what they wanted to see happen. Their plan to divide the U.S. is working better than they hoped.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I've never heard of this Twitter account before today, like I said I don't use Twitter. I'm willing to bet there are some people who actually did take it seriously though.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Exactly, thank you.

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Who the hell even does?

Apparently some right-wingers. And of course Antifa.

link   

More people than you think I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I've never heard of this Twitter account before today

This should tell you all you need to know about how effective this unprecedented attack on american democracy is.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

So because I've never heard of it means no one else has either? Millions of people use Twitter, I don't, so what's your point?

Do you think it's possible that foreign governments use social media as a way to push propaganda and divide the citizens of other nations? Read my second post in this thread, there's a book written by a Russian that outlines a strategy that seems to mirror the current events of today.

What do you think about that possibility? Yay or nay?
edit on 9/27/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I remember this account coming up right after the free speech rally in Boston. It looked like pretty over the top satire then too.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Seems like the Twitter account "Boston Antifa" forgot to turn off the location sharing option before Tweeting. Turns out the Twitter account is based in Vladivostok, Russia.

Pretty good spoof to make it look like it's in Russia.

Anybody can do this.

False-Flag set up deluxe !!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

It probably was satire but I'm willing to bet some people thought it was a legit account and based some of their views on said accounts' posts.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Of course it is possible, no one is doubting the existence of bots. I am doubting their influence, if any at all. They have been around since the inception of social media. For every pro-Trump Russian bot, there is an anti-Trump bot.

More interesting, you guys are so concerned with russian bots potentially influencing democracy but completely ignore the collusion happening in your own backyard.

It's all part of the game.. and if i had a dollar for every time i had to repeat that.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You could very well be right. Not everyone has to believe it's real though, only a few believing it would have made their efforts worthwhile if that was their intentions.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

For every pro-Trump Russian bot, there is an anti-Trump bot.

And there's a sucker born every minute on both sides. I think you know what I mean by that.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

So i guess they balance each other out then. No worries, right? Or should we continue focusing on the Russian bots?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
strange, i litterally just closed a tab reading a blog about web servers in vladivostok [yes, i'm that interesting], then i open this thread.

well, anyway, was it an accident. maybe not, i think confusing people seems to be a quite effective tactic.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
It's a picture with no links.

www.buzzfeed.com...

Original (may not work):

itsgoingdown.org...

Wayback:

ht tps://web.archive.org/web/20170902223208/ht tps://itsgoingdown.org/eugene-alt-right-trolls-behind-boston-antifa-exposed/

Copy that into your browser and remove the spaces between the "ht tps." There are two spaces.

‘Boston Antifa’ tried to present themselves as an offshoot of antifa, who wanted to “reform” the movement. They used photos and video clips taken from actual Boston Antifa actions and used them as their own in their videos, and they often targeted Boston’s North Shore Antifa as being provocateurs or alt-right trolls. For the majority of our comrades, there was no confusion as to North Shore’s legitimacy and the Boston Antifa page being run by trolls...

Anything is possible, of course.

edit on 27-9-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join