It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope you didn't take this Antifa Twitter account seriously

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Seems like the Twitter account "Boston Antifa" forgot to turn off the location sharing option before Tweeting. Turns out the Twitter account is based in Vladivostok, Russia.

I don't know what this means, I just found it interesting. What do you guys think?
edit on 9/27/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Seems like the Twitter account "Boston Antifa" forgot to turn off the location sharing option before Tweeting. Turns out the Twitter account is based in Vladivostok, Russia.

I don't know what this means, I just found it interesting. What do you guys think?

Maybe the guy/gal is on holiday and using a library..whatever.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I found this on Reddit so I can't take credit for it, but reading through the comments of the post I found this:

The strategy is to use as many triggering buzzwords as possible to piss off the other side, breed discord in the society and thus weaken the country. It is written down pretty clearly in the book "Foundations of Geopolitics" by russian ultra-nationalist Aleksandr Dugin. It seems to work frightfully well.

Example, taken from the wikipedia article:

Russia should use its special services within the borders of the United States to fuel instability and separatism, for instance, provoke "Afro-American racists". Russia should "introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics."

Not sure how to link directly to the comment but it's one of the top ones if you scroll down a bit.

Is there any merit to this? Do you think this is what Antifa is, a psyop to raise tensions in the U.S.?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Antifa get bored sometimes too.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

It is a matter of faith with some that Russian agents are NOT trying to affect American any way they can.

Besides, the CIA can spoof anything, right?

Besides, that could be photoshopped, who knows?

Besides, fake news, prove it.

Etc. etc. etc.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There's no way to prove it because the account has since been suspended and/or deleted. But then again the fact the account is no longer active gives some weight to the picture in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

There's no way to prove it because the account has since been suspended or deleted.

Well, there you go!

(I'm just imagining some of the arguments you're going to see ... doesn't surprise me at all, with the mass of proven Russian attacks on our cyberlives, that they're doing this sort of crap.)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"This just in......things on the interwebs may actually not be real"

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I have to wonder how else we are being manipulated.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I edited my post, I believe the fact that the account is no longer visible gives the screenshot in question some validity.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You do know you can change your location to anywhere you want, right?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

this just in, things on the interweb are true if favored Trump, but false if negative in any way.... case and point

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

No, I didn't know that, I don't use Twitter. I'm wondering why they would choose Russia and then promptly hide or delete the account once it was pointed out?

ETA: It seems Twitter suspended the account permanently, they didn't shut it down themselves.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Who even cares? The fact you are even able to change it already makes this thread moot.

But let's play along with your premise and pretend it was a Russian.. so what?

edit on 27-9-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: shooterbrody

this just in, things on the interweb are true if favored Trump, but false if negative in any way.... case and point

"You do know you can change your location to anywhere you want, right?"

ps
things on the magic picture box in your home may not be real either

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

There is war for the mind going on, makes sense that our enemies would try and have some influence, they have been given a platform to do so, why wouldn't they use the opportunity?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I am wondering why so many believe so much of what is posted on the 'net. It's a great trolling and propaganda tool for those who are willing to believe.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Possibly but who's really getting played the people calling antifa out or the ones that have coopt? Either way there has been REAL heinous action under that group title.
edit on 9/27/2017 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

What do you guys think?

I think the feds should investigate whether Russia is behind these riots and protests. ANTIFAP may well be supported by RUssia.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That wasn't the premise of my thread, I just saw it and decided to post it here to get the thoughts of ATS members.

I feel like I've been more than fair up to this point in the thread. Stop assuming, I even admitted that your point was valid. Don't let your emotions think for you.

ETA: Any thoughts on my second post in this thread? Do you believe it's possible that foreign governments could be using social media to radicalize American citizens? A Russian wrote a book a while back that seems to outline a strategy that mirrors current events.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join