It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: ‘Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

"If you don't vote for Clinton you are sexist" is absurd. I'd tell anyone who said that the same thing.

If you don't vote for Clinton because she's a woman ... then you are sexist. I'd also be glad to tell anyone that.

I'm in and around academia at a liberal research university. Trust me, I know what real SJWs look like.

And the average liberal or Democrat ain't it.

Maybe it's because like you I work in the realms similar to academia that are now hotbeds for that, and have for ten years. Hence i'm surrounded by the good and bad of that world. Like I said, it depends on what field or domain one works in.

But where we disagree is that it's not becoming mainstreamed recently.

Recently, the media and major establishment politicians are mainstreaming it, and now garden variety liberals absolutely are parroting it, often without even having the background or studies to really get it. I live in NYC. I work with establishment former Democratic campaign folks. A good half are straight up SJWs. All of my social media, with a lot of people I know personally, is also the same.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

"If you don't vote for Clinton you are sexist" is absurd. I'd tell anyone who said that the same thing.

If you don't vote for Clinton because she's a woman ... then you are sexist. I'd also be glad to tell anyone that.

I'm in and around academia at a liberal research university. Trust me, I know what real SJWs look like.

And the average liberal or Democrat ain't it.

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

a reply to: seasonal

Sure.

COMPLY.

I don't blame Dr. Gates a bit. The cops were out of line which is demonstrated in the apology and the charges being dropped.

Another half truth. Crowley never issued an apology and the Cambridge Police Association backed him up saying his conduct was in accordance with his training, the law, and police policies.

Yes, the charges were dropped. That doesn't mean Gates wasn't guilty of being a #hole and being disorderly.

Obama stuck his big nose into it, and the charges were dropped.

Disorderly? In his own house? Should anyone be surprised that in THIS instance you're championing the police union? LOL.

An independent panel with experts from across the nation published a report on June 30, 2010, which states that "Sergeant Crowley and Professor Gates each missed opportunities to 'ratchet down' the situation and end it peacefully" and share responsibility for the controversial July 16 arrest. Crowley could have better explained how uncertain and potentially dangerous it is to respond to a serious crime-in-progress call and why this can result in a seemingly rude tone. Gates could have tried to understand Crowley's view of the situation and could have spoken respectfully to Crowley. The report cites research that shows people's feelings about a police encounter depend significantly on whether they feel the officer displays respect and courtesy.

Wiki

Property rights are fundamental in the United States. Dr. Gates did nothing wrong at any point. You don't have to be nice to people invading your property. The matter was an obvious case of racial profiling gone awry.

And no, I"m not offering "half-truths" ... and what you're conveniently leaving out is that Dr. Gates asked for the Officer's ID and badge number and he refused. The Officer stated that he knew it was Dr. Gates house and that he STILL lured him out onto his porch so there would be a context for "disorderly conduct" You're also leaving out that the 911 caller stated specifically that it was possible that the men she was concerned about lived at the home, so there was no reason to assume that there was a dangerous crime in progress as you're trying to claim.

As far as the apology I referenced ...

"A joint press release by the authorities and Professor Gates said all parties had agreed that this was "a just resolution to an unfortunate set of circumstances" and that the incident "should not be viewed as one that demeans the character and reputation of Professor Gates or the character of the Cambridge Police Department."

So ... try your partial truths and logic pretzels on someone else.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

a reply to: CynConcepts

Do you feel like your perceived differences as a woman should allow others to treat you differently?

Say, to effectively limit the career choices you make, or whether you have a career at all?

Should your emotion and non-linear thinking disqualify you from exercising every right available to other citizens?

Absolutely not! I have always found everyone is an individual. They each have talents and skills that is rewarded accordingly. I have had 3 children, yes, it limits your abilities going through childbirth...but that was my choices and voice as a mother. I hold no ill will towards an employer who needed someone there to do the job that was contracted. When I was ready to return to work...I did and even had awesome references from my past employers.

Did it slow me down compared to other men and women who did not make that choice. Of course! IT was my choice! I do not expect others to compensate me simply because I CHOSE to have children and made a choice to MAKE my children a priority. My voice and my emotional choice!

Edit add: a reply to: MotherMayEye

I can respect your stance on not voting after having read your past experiences. My point was that my Husband made the right choice not to vote. He was frustrated and no one stood out last election. I could have stayed home, but I didn't. It was my choice, knowing I was in a swing state and still had hope that my vote would be worth twice as much since he was not going to cancel it out.

edit on 9 27 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Such a lazy attempt at manipulation. Do people actually fall for this garbage?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
Gates followed the police officer out of the house.
This was after not complying with an order in the investigation of a compliant. And you do have to be "orderly" with the police, if not you are in deep doo doo. Unless you are privileged enough to know Obama and like beer.

Property rights are fundamental in the United States. Dr. Gates did nothing wrong at any point. You don't have to be nice to people invading your property. The matter was an obvious case of racial profiling gone awry.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

I'm sure you can understand a woman being treated differently (with less respect, positive regard, opportunity, etc.) because of attitudes that are prevalent who has not made the choices you made. Fifty years ago, you wouldn't even be talking about making that choice for yourself. A hundred years ago you wouldn't be able to vote in many States, or have your own bank accounts, or many other things we all take for granted.

And the negative attitudes we're discussion, though greatly reduced, toward women, Blacks, ethnic groups, LGBT etc. do still exist.

We can all be thankful we live in this time. That doesn't mean we should ignore discrimination when it occurs.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Gates followed the police officer out of the house.
This was after not complying with an order in the investigation of a compliant. And you do have to be "orderly" with the police, if not you are in deep doo doo. Unless you are privileged enough to know Obama and like beer.

He followed him onto his porch. The Officer admitted that he lured Dr. Gates out there by refusing to identify himself properly. He stated he knew at this point that Dr. Gates was who he said he was.

No, I have to comply with the law. I don't have to be orderly in my own house if I choose not to be.

I know it all comes back to your negative attitude toward Obama ... that's your own issue though.

Gates was fully within his rights. The officer was not. Gates agreed to resolve the issue amicably. He didn't have to.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think.. Gryph has exceeded the limit of piss offs in one night ...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
I think.. Gryph has exceeded the limit of piss offs in one night ...

Keep thinking.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You must have forgot to put neg feeling toward whites? And straights? And Married people (breeders)? the list is endless, and pretty even handed.
Why is your list suspiciously so limited?

And the negative attitudes, though greatly reduced, toward women, Blacks, ethnic groups, LGBT etc. do still exist.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

haha!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I don't work in the academic environment, my husband does.

I manage a higher-end resort; trust me when I tell you I know what all kinds of "privilege" looks like. I'm called a racist about once a week because I didn't do what someone wanted me to. I've been called sexist and homophobic too.

People do these things.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I'm sure you can understand a woman being treated differently (with less respect, positive regard, opportunity, etc.) because of attitudes that are prevalent who has not made the choices you made. Fifty years ago, you wouldn't even be talking about making that choice for yourself. A hundred years ago you wouldn't be able to vote in many States.

And the negative attitudes, though greatly reduced, toward women, Blacks, ethnic groups, LGBT etc. do still exist.

We can all be thankful we live in this time. That doesn't mean we should ignore discrimination when it occurs.

I am sure that there is still some minimal discrimination here and there...but there are also so many opportunities available especially here in America...that it does become a personal choice. It is a choice to be a victim or make a choice to move on.

I have been a victim of many things in my life...It sucked. When I realized I had victimized myself...that is the day I was strengthened and I began to find success and enjoyed my life.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

We disagree. I've seen plenty of discrimination that is far from minimal. Standing up against it is not being a victim.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Let's see we have two politically savvy women agreeing, what can that mean?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Working at a large multi national, any one who thinks the faces are a majority of white males is simply lying. 2017 work force is diverse and strong, the way it needs to be to get the best employees.

This all a to do about nothing. Michelle O wants to sell her awesome new book and make fat stacks speaking her lines.

link   

originally posted by: seasonal

You must have forgot to put neg feeling toward whites? And straights? And Married people (breeders)? the list is endless, and pretty even handed.
Why is your list suspiciously so limited?

Sure. All Lives Matter. You've admitted that discrimination exists all around, but now, you're only concerned about a narrow band?

I brought up the groups I brought up because we were speaking of traditional negative attitudes.

You brought up White, straight, (you seem confused, you don't have to be married to breed) people right on cue just fine. Everyone's covered now.

link   

We disagree. I've seen plenty of discrimination that is far from minimal. Standing up against it is not being a victim.

Agree to disagree. It is amazingly a matter of perspective and I can respect and understand that.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The words Piss Off go a long long way.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join