It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: ‘Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Why the super duper great calling of coin flips and all the gerrymandering?

For your theory to be true there had to be info that Sanders would beat Trump. This would force Hillary to take a dump on Sanders and to throw the election after that.

Something doesn't jive for me with that whole story.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Why the super duper great calling of coin flips and all the gerrymandering?

For your theory to be true there had to be info that Sanders would beat Trump. This would force Hillary to take a dump on Sanders and to throw the election after that.

Something doesn't jive for me with that whole story.

Sanders consistently polled better against Trump than Hillary did.

Link to RCP compiled polling
edit on 9/27/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I, being an accused righty, would have had a real hard time deciding between a Trump and Sanders race.

I liked Sander's anti-corp stance and his straight up truthfulness on the wealth divide that has gotten nothing but worse.

I still don't like Michelle.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I do not understand Michelle's appeal. Never have. She's awful.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Gryphon66

Most of your "facts" are wrong. The first wrong fact is claiming Gates showed identification. He refused to show identification when first asked to do so and was very belligerent when the LEO asked him to step outside, yelling, "why, because I'm a black man in America?" A 9-1-1 call had been made concerning a possible breakin. The LEO was doing what was appropriate.

I have long said that this was a set up. I believe this was the start of Obama's agenda to start racial tension between blacks and cops. It is an agenda, imo, to create a division for an end purpose.

Believe it or not.

This event happened six months after Obama took office. It was a black professor from Obama's alma mater. Obama took the event and parlayed it into what we see today.

I'm sure you do find it appropriate. So he did show ID, he was in his own home legitimately and the charges were dropped.

You'd like to portray these facts in a different order ... but Dr. Gates had every right to be angry at the invasion of his home, and he can say and think what he wants. Pretty obvious to most here that the issue WAS his race, and the facts are that Blacks men in America ARE targeted, arrested, convicted and incarcerated at ridiculous rates.

A set up. Not surprised that's your take on it. As usual, you're obliterating any sort of reasonable dialogue with wild hyperbole. Ignore the facts that don't fit. Leap wildly to your preconceived conclusion.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Do you have access to a transcript of her full speech?

Because all that's been communicated here are a few snippets of sentences.

How can you come to such fulsome opinion of what she said when we only have access to a few words?

Sure, I hear you. But just her reference to basically "mansplaining" is enough for me. I've seen too much "weaponized" social justice in my professional life, where people drop sh%t like this, to take it seriously anymore. Without any doubt, many Democrats now use such lexicon.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

How can you come to such fulsome opinion of what she said when we only have access to a few words?

Sure, I hear you. But just her reference to basically "mansplaining" is enough for me. I've seen too much "weaponized" social justice in my professional life, where people drop sh%t like this, to take it seriously anymore. Without any doubt, many Democrats now use such lexicon.

And yet, for every episode of "weaponized social justice" which does exist, there are ten of actual racist, sexist discrimination that have gone unchallenged and unresolved.

Well, you're a liberal, I'm not sure how too much focus on individual equal rights offends you, but we all have our limits, eh?

The fact that some people abuse racism, etc. or are overbearing and authoritarian in their approach to social justice doesn't negate the need to stay focused on the real issues of equality ... but I'm speaking only as a Constitutional moderate.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I have yet to recall a time when either of the O's talked about any other racism than their own (one sided) experience.

I must agree. I have the same dilemma...yet a different perspective. I am obviously causaian woman...so obviously have a different perspective. I accept the fact, that as a woman, I am more emotional. I accept that the fact, I can drive men crazy by telling a long story before getting to the logical point. Ahem. (Male instructors have never bored me, women have frustrated even me to 'just get to the point!')

My point is that I feel equal and understand when logically I am not. I have strengths that most men don't, but I recognize they have strengths that most women don't. It balances in the end through respect. I fully had my voice to vote. My own husband did not even place a vote this past election. He was the one who had NO voice!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Do you feel like your perceived differences as a woman should allow others to treat you differently?

Say, to effectively limit the career choices you make, or whether you have a career at all?

Should your emotion and non-linear thinking disqualify you from exercising every right available to other citizens?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

My facts are accurate. Yours are not.

A 9-1-1 call was made regarding someone breaking into a home.....Fact.
When the LEO arrived, the door had been forced open.....Fact.
Gates was asked to step outside.....Fact
Gates was asked for ID.....Fact
Gates refused.....Fact (He later produced it.)
Gates was belligerent yelling at the LEO.....Fact
Gates questioned the LEO saying, "Why, because I'm a black man in America?".....Fact

Downhill from there. Why? Because Gates was an #hole from the get go. He should have been appreciative that the LEO was there and diligent about checking out the situation. But...nooooo....Gates, had an agenda.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Seems like the police wanted to be sure the situation was not a break in. Gates did not mind the lawful order of the police. Gates showed his ID after not complying to step outside and only complied in the house. That is where it should have ended. But Gates followed the police outside of the house and ended up getting arrested for disorderly conduct.
Simple lesson, comply with police if they ask for ID after you jimmy your door open. For being a professor Gates sure acted stupidly.

When Crowley arrived, he found Gates in the house (the driver was gone) and asked him to step outside. Gates refused. When Crowley went into the house, Gates showed his Harvard identification card and his driver's license, which included his address. According to police, Gates then became angry and followed Crowley outside. He was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct, which was later dropped.
Crowley said that he "had no choice" but to arrest Gates, who said he asked the officer whether he was being mistreated because he was African American. The committee faulted both men, saying Crowley "missed opportunities to find a better outcome." It chided Gates for not immediately stepping onto his porch as initially requested by the officer.
a reply to: Gryphon66www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 27-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

stupid racist facts

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Sure.

COMPLY.

I don't blame Dr. Gates a bit. The cops were out of line which is demonstrated in the apology and the charges being dropped.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

And yet, for every episode of "weaponized social justice" which does exist, there are ten of actual racist, sexist discrimination that have gone unchallenged and unresolved.

Well, you're a liberal, I'm not sure how too much focus on individual equal rights offends you, but we all have our limits, eh?

The fact that some people abuse racism, etc. or are overbearing and authoritarian in their approach to social justice doesn't negate the need to stay focused on the real issues of equality ... but I'm speaking only as a Constitutional moderate.

Ultimately, I agree with you on these points. And that's what people who try to criticize social justice writ large make the mistake in doing, citing these examples of people abusing social justice in order to dismiss the real goals and real issues.

What do you mean about individual equal rights offending me? I sincerely don't know what you meant there.

However, I think the abuse of identity politics is not as minor as you think. First, it's often being used be very very smart people in the media or politics to pander or manipulate people. Just like, "If you don't vote for Clinton you are sexist." Great example. And then half of the media outlets parroted that. It wasn't like this 10 years ago, as much. I do think the conversation is getting more extreme, in ways that I don't even think help the real goal.
Also, it really depends on what field you are in. Some fields, in the NGO or government world, or working on issues such as education or anti-poverty, have much more issues with this. People working in an accounting firm won't see as much of it.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Not voting is voicing something very important.

I don't really believe in the security of our voter registration and election systems, so not giving *them* my vote to exploit or manipulate is a great satisfaction to me. I didn't do that, in 2016. But I thought about it.

I have *not voted* before though.

ETA: I always love your comments, btw, CynConcepts.
edit on 9/27/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

My facts are accurate. Yours are not.

A 9-1-1 call was made regarding someone breaking into a home.....Fact.
When the LEO arrived, the door had been forced open.....Fact.
Gates was asked to step outside.....Fact
Gates was asked for ID.....Fact
Gates refused.....Fact (He later produced it.)
Gates was belligerent yelling at the LEO.....Fact
Gates questioned the LEO saying, "Why, because I'm a black man in America?".....Fact

Downhill from there. Why? Because Gates was an #hole from the get go. He should have been appreciative that the LEO was there and diligent about checking out the situation. But...nooooo....Gates, had an agenda.

As I said, you present the facts in a certain order.

Was Dr. Gates in his own home legally or not? He was not in public, why should he have complied with a request for ID in his own house on his own property?

I guess the sacrosanct nature of property rights are situational when it comes down to it, eh?

It's my front door. If I want to kick it in when I come home, it's my right to. The cops have ZERO rights in the situation. Dr. Gates doesn't have to be "nice" or compliant. They invaded his home and disrespected HIM.

Your post wants to take the side of being a good little statist when it's a Black man involved? What am I saying, of course it does.

Gates was right, absolutely. It's blatantly clear in your rendition as it was when the cops invaded his home.

Sanctity of personal property my left hoof.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Sure.

COMPLY.

I don't blame Dr. Gates a bit. The cops were out of line which is demonstrated in the apology and the charges being dropped.

Another half truth. Crowley never issued an apology and the Cambridge Police Association backed him up saying his conduct was in accordance with his training, the law, and police policies.

Yes, the charges were dropped. That doesn't mean Gates wasn't guilty of being a #hole and being disorderly.

Obama stuck his big nose into it, and the charges were dropped.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

"If you don't vote for Clinton you are sexist" is absurd. I'd tell anyone who said that the same thing.

If you don't vote for Clinton because she's a woman ... then you are sexist. I'd also be glad to tell anyone that.

I'm in and around academia at a liberal research university. Trust me, I know what real SJWs look like.

And the average liberal or Democrat ain't it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I know you're not really that dumb, Gryph. But, you are argumentative just for the sake of being argumentative.

If a neighbor called 911 and said there was a possible break in, and you as an LEO arrive, and the door has been jimmied, would you not ask the person in the house to show some ID? Of course you would. If you don't, you're stupid and incompetent.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So the jammed up door and not complying with a lawful order is OK with you?

I don't know how often you have interacted with the police, but you had better do what they say in a similar situation. The only reason Gates is off the hook is because of the Obama get out of jail free card.

Gates was in the wrong, and the weight of the US presidency got him off. Truly a privileged position to be in.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join