It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: ‘Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: xuenchen

clinton/obama 2020?

that is too good to be true

Can you put two alpha males on one ticket?
Who's gunna be the dominant?

And people wonder why they're called sexist ... just doesn't make any sense.

yeah because those 2 have given people NO other reason to NOT to vote for them.....
pathetic
edit on 27/9/2017 by shooterbrody because: smelling arter

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

clinton/obama 2020?

yeah because those 2 have given people NO other reason to NOT to vote for them.....
pathetic

Oh they've both given plenty of reasons not to vote for them, none of which are related to implications that they are men merely because they are successful and speak out, which is pure sexism.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I am no right winger but what she said is that if you voted Trump you "voted against your voice". What has Trump done to take a voters voice? Oops a women voter's voice.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Can you quote Mr. Obama saying anything similar to "they hate me because I'm Black" (even though, if you couldn't see his race as a motivating factor in many criticisms, I don't know what to say to you: it's more than evident).

Yes, I can.
www.rmbnewsreport.com...

Race problems in this country arise from our history (which we will never divorce ourselves from completely and shouldn't), the natural "xenophobic" tendencies that we all have to identify with folks that we perceive as "like us," and a political narrative which avoids dealing with the real racial issues that remain by the equivalent of jamming fingers into the ears and singing "nahnahnah."

Modern day race problems are, in my opinions since you seem to be on an opinion kick today, the product of excuses and shirking of personal responsibility. We have individuals and groups who are instigating minorities to behave badly and then play the "I'm a victim of racism" game when the consequences of their decisions come home to roost. Equality isn't the goal anymore, now it's special treatment and dispensations, all day, every day.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I am no right winger but what she said is that if you voted Trump you "voted against your voice". What has Trump done to take a voters voice? Oops a women voter's voice.

What she said is her opinion that she was paid to give at a professional conference.

Given Trump and Clinton ... which has emphasized women's issues and rights more?

If you can consider that question honestly, what Mrs. Obama said is clear in meaning.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

clinton/obama 2020?

pathetic

Oh they've both given plenty of reasons not to vote for them, none of which are related to implications that they are men merely because they are successful and speak out, which is pure sexism.

Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice,” Obama told the audience during a question-and-answer session with author Roxane Gay at Inbound, a marketing conference that has attracted an assortment of famous speakers this week

hahahaha
pot meet kettle

well posted g

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's a frightening thought. Could you imagine those two in the WH? Prez and Vice? Never mind. I can't either.

I'd sleep better than with Pokey and Gumby like we have now. (Hint: Gumby is orange.)

hah! You know what the great thing about Pokey & Gumby is?

They aren't Hillary and Michelle.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

From your source, what Obama said was "There’s no doubt that there’s some folks who just really dislike me because they don’t like the idea of a black president.”

Not liking the idea of a Black President (which I think you have to admit was true for some folks) is not the same as the claim that you made that he says "people hate me because I'm Black."

It's just not the same thing, not even close.

Usually, perhaps not in specific cases when you use the term, "personal responsibility" is a dog-whistle term for "I've got mine and I don't want to support anyone else with my tax dollars."

People and groups who are "instigating minorities to behave badly"??? What, are minorities children that can be so easily manipulated?

I can't disagree that claims of racism are sometimes used by every group as a dodge. However, since it seems that in context here "minorities" is really a term for Black Americans, no one is claiming that Blacks shouldn't be held accountable for their actions. That's just more racist rhetoric.

What people do say, and are absolutely accurate when they do so, is that law enforcement and the judicial system in this county is still heavily biased AGAINST Blacks (and Hispanics).

Every narrative opposing moves toward equality makes the same spurious claim that demanding equal rights is really asking for "special rights."

You're better than that in my estimation. Am I wrong?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Given Trump and Clinton ... which has emphasized women's issues and rights more?

I'm actually going to say that's a wash since the aftermath of the election. 40% +/- of women voted for Trump. Clinton, herself, has brutally castigated the women who voted for him while Trump hasn't isolated criticism of women who voted against him (his criticism of his detractors has been universally applied to anyone who voted against him). Abortion isn't the be all, end all of women's rights, despite the portrayal of it as such by agenda driven progressive mouthpieces. Constitutional rights are women's rights, too. I have a difficult time viewing someone who ridicules a woman's vote while assaulting various Constitutional rights and pushing a platform of increased taxation (of workers who include women) to be any sort of champion of women's rights. Now, if you're going beyond the above and delving into personal interactions with women... well, we always have Hillary Clinton's stated position against women who accused her husband of sexually assaulting them along with a particular court case in which Ms Rodham enthusiastically defended a kidnapper and rapist, chuckling over getting him off despite his clear guilt later in an interview.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:58 AM

It's not as if PhRMA just walked in an offered to help. Duplicitous, Chicago-thug as always, Obama was bad-mouthing big pharmaceuticals in public, while pressuring them in private to "play ball," or else.

Obama's gay (there's a thread around here about how he had other people killed to protect his secret gay affairs):

Obama arranged for Joan Rivers death for saying he's gay and Michelle's a tranny!?

Indonesian is a cult leader's child:

here, here, here, here's a MOD spreading it, etc (there's plenty more)

I don't think I fit anything about all that speculation about his ring but it ties in with secret Muslim (and something about an Egyptian cult... oh and I know I forgot all that anti-Christ Obama talk):

Obama's Ring: 'There Is No God But Allah'
Sinister symbolism of Obama's wedding ring

What else do you want? Like I said, pick an item that you think wasn't said by Obama-detractors turned Trump-supporters and I'll show you multiple examples, right from this site, from the Internet, hell — I can probably give you examples from the right-wing media and maybe, in some cases, straight from the likes of Donald Trump.

But you know, Donald Trump is unfairly criticized and Obama was subjected to fair criticism about his policies and it was just a very very very very very slim segment of society that was pushing unhinged theories about his national origin, religion, sexuality and anything else they could to "other" him.

I think after 8 years of seeing anyone disagreeing with the president being called "racist", followed up by anyone supporting the current presdient being called "white supremacist"....it would be impossible not to convince me that the DNC is not the single most divisive group of people this country has ever seen. I mean, the KKK didn't have the entire world of media preaching their idiocy.

Why do I bother? You've got into your head that all these very reasonable, not at all triggered Obama detractors were unfairly maligned as "racists" — probably because you've had that narrative pushed on you thousands of times over the years — and it was only a very small fringe element that was reacting irrationally to the election of a half-black man with a funny sounding name.

It's not like the current President was a huge birther who just pardoned his criminal birther buddy either.

Anyway, I'm done with this. I remember having an exchange with you once where you shared a link to an article about why people can never convince anyone in an argument, particularly one about about politics.

And that's true to a large extent. It's very hard to win an argument with somebody whose mind is made up. Because everyone thinks they're right and the more you push them, the more defensive they get.

What's that called again? The "Backfire Effect?"
edit on 2017-9-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

which has emphasized women's issues and rights more?

See the problem with your statement is sectioning off people into neat little boxes. Neat little boxes is what the people in contol count on us running to to keep us seperated.

96% of us (women, men, black, yellow, orange and white) want the same thing.

This is a divisive statement. Women are free to choose who they want as pres, it does not need her approval. She is a sore looser and for some reason carrying Hillary's water.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 12:58 AM

It's not as if PhRMA just walked in an offered to help. Duplicitous, Chicago-thug as always, Obama was bad-mouthing big pharmaceuticals in public, while pressuring them in private to "play ball," or else.

Obama's gay (there's a thread around here about how he had other people killed to protect his secret gay affairs):

Obama arranged for Joan Rivers death for saying he's gay and Michelle's a tranny!?

Indonesian is a cult leader's child:

here, here, here, here's a MOD spreading it, etc (there's plenty more)

I don't think I fit anything about all that speculation about his ring but it ties in with secret Muslim (and something about an Egyptian cult... oh and I know I forgot all that anti-Christ Obama talk):

Obama's Ring: 'There Is No God But Allah'
Sinister symbolism of Obama's wedding ring

What else do you want? Like I said, pick an item that you think wasn't said by Obama-detractors turned Trump-supporters and I'll show you multiple examples, right from this site, from the Internet, hell — I can probably give you examples from the right-wing media and maybe, in some cases, straight from the likes of Donald Trump.

But you know, Donald Trump is unfairly criticized and Obama was subjected to fair criticism about his policies and it was just a very very very very very slim segment of society that was pushing unhinged theories about his national origin, religion, sexuality and anything else they could to "other" him.

I think after 8 years of seeing anyone disagreeing with the president being called "racist", followed up by anyone supporting the current presdient being called "white supremacist"....it would be impossible not to convince me that the DNC is not the single most divisive group of people this country has ever seen. I mean, the KKK didn't have the entire world of media preaching their idiocy.

Why do I bother? You've got into your head that all these very reasonable, not at all triggered Obama detractors were unfairly maligned as "racists" — probably because you've had that narrative pushed on you thousands of times over the years — and it was only a very small fringe element that was reacting irrationally to the election of a half-black man with a funny sounding name.

It's not like the current President was a huge birther who just pardoned his criminal birther buddy either.

Anyway, I'm done with this. I remember having an exchange with you once where you shared a link to an article about why people can never convince anyone in an argument, particularly one about about politics.

And that's true to a large extent. It's very hard to win an argument with somebody whose mind is made up. Because everyone thinks they're right and the more you push them, the more defensive they get.

You are on a site called ATS.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

a reply to: jtrenthacker

Because one of them is an intentionally, strategically, uber-divisive billionaire, born to super wealthy father who was himself born to a super wealthy father, who is currently in the WH, making a mess of things and has idiots convinced he's some kinda blue collar hero despite a half a century of sticking it to the "common folks" wherever and whenever he had an opportunity.

I really like how he went to private military schools, graduated from Wharton and his prescription for the "common folk" to achieve success has something to do eschewing education for apprenticeships (that is, now that his scam university is closed).

The other one is a former first lady, who came from a working class Chicago family and worked her way up, has an opinion that triggers the OP, has no intentions of running for political office and was apparently a good enough first lady that the current one thought to plagiarize her speeches.

I dunno, how about relevance, perspective, etc?

I'm no fan of Trump, but at the same time what Michelle OBama said is divisive, and many of us even on the liberal side are getting sick of the constant identity politics. Her statements were divisive, simplistic, and hateful in their own right.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Issues. Between Trump and Clinton (not what they've said about people who did or didn't vote for them) who has women issues and rights as part of their platform/policy statement and who doesn't really even focus on it?

I didn't bring up abortion as an example of equal rights (or not).

I don't believe that any politician is a "champion" of anything except their own interests. That said, if we are to objectively look at Trump's "plan" versus Clinton's "plan" it's not too hard to see that Clinton focuses on women's issues and Trump doesn't.

... and then you delve off into the standard making Hillary responsible for what Bill did, which negates the whole "personal responsibility" schtick, and she did her job as a public defender, and all the other heinous litanies of the garden-variety caricature of "evil Hillary Clinton."

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

which has emphasized women's issues and rights more?

See the problem with your statement is sectioning off people into neat little boxes. Neat little boxes is what the people in contol count on us running to to keep us seperated.

96% of us (women, men, black, yellow, orange and white) want the same thing.

This is a divisive statement. Women are free to choose who they want as pres, it does not need her approval. She is a sore looser and for some reason carrying Hillary's water.

I'm sectioning people off into boxes? I'm pretty amazing, but I don't think you can credit me with that. /s

I hear what you're saying, or what I think you're saying essentially, and don't disagree. However. when we are still in a transitional time in our society, when in the space of many of our lifetimes certain groups of people WERE mistreated, were deprived of equal rights, (AND LIKE IT OR NOT STILL ARE BEING) etc. you can't just write off anyone who focuses on repairing that wrong or calling it out as "divisive."

You don't like Obama and that's fine. All she did in her paid speech, however, was hit the normal topics you'd expect.

Why are you sooo offended by what she said? Why do you care? Why does that still have such a strong emotional effect on you?

Those are better questions for you to consider, in my opinion

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Do you have access to a transcript of her full speech?

Because all that's been communicated here are a few snippets of sentences.

How can you come to such fulsome opinion of what she said when we only have access to a few words?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
My point is welcome to the fricken club.
I have tasted racism, I have tasted being treated by perspective employers differently because of my stupid ancestors (sarc) not mixing with approved ethnicity.
Acting like different people are openly discriminated against is rare and she (Michelle) and her hubby used it as a wedge issue.
Life is not fair. People can and are jerks.

WERE mistreated, were deprived of equal rights, etc.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

My point is welcome to the fricken club.
I have tasted racism, I have tasted being treated by perspective employers differently because of my stupid ancestors (sarc) not mixing with approved ethnicity.
Acting like different people are openly discriminated against is rare and she (Michelle) and her hubby used it as a wedge issue.
Life is not fair. People can and are jerks.

WERE mistreated, were deprived of equal rights, etc.

You admit there is racism, but you're upset that the Obamas called it out.

Ok.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Of course there is racism-black-white, white-black, yellow-white, white yellow, black-yellow.......

Only a divisive person would act like it only hits one particular race, and them base a presidency off it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

“Snip”

Or in this case, pot meet kettle...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join