It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: ‘Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Anyone that voted for hillary because she has a vagina in an idiot.
Anyone that voted against hillary because of a vagina is an idiot.

Obama needs to just go away like every other president and first lady. Go build a library that nobody will visit.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

One sentence, "If I had a son he would look like".....

That was a statement that only a person looking to stir a pot would say. Not the pres of the USA.

link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I think Obama's divisiveness was much more obviously displayed in the fact that nothing was ever his fault, no criticism against him was even considered for debate or refutation, it was all knee jerk "they just hate me because I'm black... racism, white privilege, yadda yadda." It was ridiculous then and it's ridiculous now. The majority of the "race problems" America presently has are the direct result of a spiteful attitude against personal responsibility for actions and the race argument being a convenient (and sadly too often accepted) excuse.

I'm sure like most of us here you're just expressing your opinion on this.

All I can tell you in return is, in my opinion, is that I never witnessed President Obama shifting blame to any greater degree than the average politician, and not as much as most. You're speaking in absolutes ("nothing" "no criticism" etc.), and therefore it's impossible to comment on what you're saying without either agreeing or denying.

Can you quote Mr. Obama saying anything similar to "they hate me because I'm Black" (even though, if you couldn't see his race as a motivating factor in many criticisms, I don't know what to say to you: it's more than evident).

Race problems in this country arise from our history (which we will never divorce ourselves from completely and shouldn't), the natural "xenophobic" tendencies that we all have to identify with folks that we perceive as "like us," and a political narrative which avoids dealing with the real racial issues that remain by the equivalent of jamming fingers into the ears and singing "nahnahnah."

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

One sentence, "If I had a son he would look like".....

That was a statement that only a person looking to stir a pot would say. Not the pres of the USA.

In your opinion.

To me, it was one of the few times that Obama appeared human and let his emotions show. There was NOTHING divisive about it.

You know, like Trump does every five minutes or so and is heaped with unending praise for?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Anyone that voted for hillary because she has a vagina in an idiot.
Anyone that voted against hillary because of a vagina is an idiot.

Obama needs to just go away like every other president and first lady. Go build a library that nobody will visit.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Didn't happen for Carter, Clinton, or either Bush ... and their work after being in office is, in my estimation, some of their most valuable.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
You are not sure of anything if you think I am going to say that. discrimination is EVERYWHERE. To some God made a mistake giving us eyes.

I'm sure you're going to go around damning all these threads that make claims like "White men are the most discriminated group in history" as divisive then? OR the ones extolling the virtues of one religion over another? Of one political philosophy over another? Of one geographic area over another?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If Michelle Obama believes that, its obvious who sent her on this futile mission.

The Borg.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Michelle now into the act with Hillary.

Great !!

She just alienated half the population.

Good job not bringing people together.

Phony Balony

Hillary Campaign 2020 officially launched !!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

clinton/obama 2020?

that is too good to be true

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Im starting to get bitter and just hate everybody.

I'm way ahead of you.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

And a city burned.

For being so smart that was a bad, bad move.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Read more carefully. I didn't say you made those claims, merely that if you're concerned about racial divisiveness, you'll be in those threads stating what you know to be true.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

And a city burned.

For being so smart that was a bad, bad move.

Obama caused the riots?

Oh please. The rioters caused the riots. Remember, personal responsibility?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

clinton/obama 2020?

Can you put two alpha males on one ticket?
Who's gunna be the dominant?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

She didn't alienate anyone, except a few right-wingers who are going to vote for the Republican ticket anyway.

Chill dude ... don't let the hype get you all triggered.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes. From a very, very thin segment of our population. I'd say that based on my own day to day life, the racial backlash against Obama was grossly overshadowed by the racial support of Obama (i.e., people supporting him solely because of race).

I don't think it was a thin segment of society based on my own experiences. Maybe you just know a better class of people than I do.

That isn't what he said. He was pointing out what those of us who actually have to live on the border already know: without border security, the rapists, murderers, and drug dealers come across without any resistance. You (and the media) have misconstrued that so badly it actually took me a minute to think about what you were referring to.

Here's the full quote again:

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists... And some, I assume, are good people."

I think the problem here is that you took what you wanted from it. I live in NJ. We don't have as many illegal immigrants as you do in Texas in raw numbers but as a percentage of the total population, it's very close (we're roughly a 1/3 the size with about as third as many illegal immigrants). I live in the agriculture heavy southern part of the state at that. Not having a border with Mexico, we don't have drug smuggling but as far as rape and other crimes? There's no noticeably disproportionate amount of crime committed by illegal immigrants here, least of all rapes.

Texas has 14% of the illegal immigrant population. Donald Trump was speaking from NYC (which has about 5% of the illegal population — NJ has about 4%).

What I would assume, is that the biggest difference in crime involves the drug trade because of the border. That's fair. The problem is that's not what Trump said and he wasn't speaking exclusively to Texans. He flat out said that Mexico is sending people to the US and implied, quite clearly (and *some* he assumes, are good people), that the majority of those people are criminals, drug smugglers and rapists (which is typical of any sort of populist identity politics — they're raping our women, boys!).

I would argue that you are spinning what he said to make it more palatable and ignoring the proper text — he wasn't speaking to Texas, he was speaking to the nation. He wasn't speaking about the small percentage of the illegal immigrants who are involved in drug trafficking (again, undoubtedly higher in Texas than in NJ or NY or Georgia or NC or Washington) — he was talking about "Mexicans" in this country illegally, as a whole.

And what he said was not only inaccurate but egregious identity politics of the ethnic/cultural/racial variety.

RE: him linking to Stormfront....i need to see evidence of this as I have no recollection of it happening. I suspect its another instance of taking truth, twisting it, then using it as fact. Notice that "fact" and "truth" are not the same word, as was pointed out to us in 1984.

Yes, facts and truth aren't not the same thing and that doesn't just apply to the views of people you don't agree with, it also applies to your own.

FactCheck.org - Trump Retweets Bogus Crime Graphic

How effing stupid is he to retweet made up crime statistics that include a gem like 81% percent of white homicide victims are killed by black perpetrators? (it's more like 14%). That piece doesn't go into the origins of the infographic and the original tweet appears to have been deleted. I definitely remember somebody on twitter linking to its location on Stormfront. Again, to be clear, he didn't download it and upload it from Stormfront or somewhere else, he retweeted it (you said linked, just want to be clear) just like retweeted that picture of Jeb Bush from a Twitter user called "WhiteGenocideTM" who happened to be self-described neo-Nazi. Need a link for that too?

More misconstruing. I know some very nice people who also object to the removal of confederate statues. Are they white nationalists? I better tell me wife that she is now white. Or that she isn't a good person.

Yes, you misconstrued some other comments to fit what you want to believe. Let's go to the quote:

"You have some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group — excuse me, excuse me — I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

This is even worse than the last case of you falsely accusing me of misconstruing what he said because he is in fact, specifically talking about the attendees of the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, not as you're trying to spin things, people who are opposed to removing Confederate statues.

I saw the pictures. I saw the video. In fact, he specifically mentions seeing pictures from Friday night. (the "night before" the rally itself):

"But they were there to protest- excuse me. you take a look the night before, they were there to protest the taking down of the statue of the Robert E. Lee. Infrastructure question. Go ahead."

He could have only been talking about the tiki torch, Nazi slogan chanting group that descended on the statue and beat the living # out of a group of local college students from the UVA campus. Do you need photographic proof?

Care to point out the "very fine people" in that group there to protest the removal of the statue? They're not there. It seems to me that you should take heed of your own advice. You've repeatedly accused me of misconstruing what Trump has said and yet, your version of the "truth" isn't supported by facts.

I have no idea what you are going on about here. Is there anything truthful in that run on sentence? Or are you grandstanding on hyperbole?

No, none of it is true and yet, all of it is was said and in fact, I can probably link to people saying it right here on ATS. If you have any doubt about any of them, I'll show you examples. Here's a few though:

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 02:19 PM

Obamas a chicago thug using force against Americans just like Lincoln did. For cronyism.....we lost entire cities and many good Americans....history repeats itself. We ain't the same capable nation we were 4 years ago. We've lost national security capability

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 11:04 AM

These marines still saluted this clueless twat because he is the commander in chief. NOT because he is worth of a salute, or any personal respect. He is a Chicago thug with a pretty speaking voice, who just happened to be shoved down our throats as president.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: shooterbrody

clinton/obama 2020?

Can you put two alpha males on one ticket?
Who's gunna be the dominant?

And people wonder why they're called sexist ... just doesn't make any sense.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's a frightening thought. Could you imagine those two in the WH? Prez and Vice? Never mind. I can't either.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: Bluntone22

That's a frightening thought. Could you imagine those two in the WH? Prez and Vice? Never mind. I can't either.

I'd sleep better than with Pokey and Gumby like we have now. (Hint: Gumby is orange.)
edit on 27-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: NOted

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

This is what you wrote. I will not do any of those things. Life is hard, and there is discrimination everywhere. Live with and overcome it.
Making excuses to fail sucks. I have failed and have tasted discrimination. As with life, it isn't fair.

I'm sure you're going to go around damning all these threads that make claims like "White men are the most discriminated group in history" as divisive then? OR the ones extolling the virtues of one religion over another? Of one political philosophy over another? Of one geographic area over another?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join