It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: ‘Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice’

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Gryphon66

Her words singled out women as not knowing any better than to vote for Trump. And singling out women and stating that they voted against their voice is divisive. She is divisive.

Thanks for the concern, but I am calm, and right.

Nothing she said can be reasonably taken to mean that women don't know any better than to vote for Trump. Comparing the two candidates' positions on the issues she's talking about, Women's issues ... the differences between the two are crystal clear.

You're going to define continued breaths from the Obamas as "divisive" ... its your catch-all phrase to say you don't like them.

Are we done?

What is being ignored here in regards to non-educated white women's voting behaviour is the economic/social/psycho pressure element within their lives. So, her and Hillary's words have deeper meanings than what you all see on the surface.

But social science backs up Clinton’s anecdotal hunch. “We think she was right in her analysis about women getting pressure from men in their lives, specifically [straight] white women,” said Kelsy Kretschmer, an assistant professor at Oregon State University and a co-author of a recent study examining women’s voting patterns. “We know white men are more conservative, so when you’re married to a white man you get a lot more pressure to vote consistent with that ideology.”

Most striking of all, perhaps: the more educated women were, the less likely they were to say women being able to support a family was important. The trend lines are disturbing: across race and education, the groups most likely to be able to support a family on their husband’s income alone – white women, and women of all races with a college degree – were the most likely dismiss the importance of women being able to support a family.

They may also offer context for other reports, like one from a New York City-based thinktank in 2015, which found black women were significantly more ambitious than white women in the workplace (22% of black women said they wanted to hold powerful positions, as compared with just 8% of white women).

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So if you vote for a rapist defence lawyer, you're supporting women's voices?!?! Yeah, okay.... Hold on to your pants everyone because I didn't support Trump either. "Rut-rot, how do we bash him for not backing Queen Clinton when he didn't support the other bad candidate either?". Really getting tired of assumptions that if you dont drink Pepsi, you MUST drink coke and vice-versa. It is possible to live in a world where you don't adhere to the two party paradigm people, (Obviously not directed at everyone. Love you guys!)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

They must not have met my wife. She'd provably be the one to pressure me out of voting!
😂😂😂😂

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnendingVigilance

They must not have met my wife. She'd provably be the one to pressure me out of voting!
😂😂😂😂

Not if your household economy was in jeopardy.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Yes women don't know what they are doing. And anyone, oops, women who voted for Trump voted against their own voices. Still as divisive as ever.

We are constantly being admonished by elitist (insert plural, vulgar word for context-sensitive genitalia here) who tell us that we are dumb, know nothing and should do as they tell us. And buy their books.

Most of them should STFU most of the time.

Seriously - they are either dumb to the point it's a miracle they manage to open a laptop (your average politician), or they are just "holier than thou" douchebags like Neil deGrasse Tyson (who would love to have a school system where nobody gets to have any ideas outside the holy scripture of current science).

While I'm at it - Women yap and yap and yap about bull# constantly, but when a man tells them HOW they should do something or WHY they are wrong about something, it's "mansplaining". No - that's you unable to cope with cold hard facts being presented to you by another adult.

Someone explain to me why it would be such a big deal if the human race just went extinct? For every generation we get dumber.
edit on 29-9-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Tidying up.

edit on 29-9-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Tidying up.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
More lecturing huh?

oughta

shoulda

woulda

coulda

Didn't.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uberdoubter
Someone explain to me why it would be such a big deal if the human race just went extinct? For every generation we get dumber.

Having read your post (especially enjoying how you slag Tyson and then complain that every generation is getting dumber), all I can say is speak for yourself!

kix

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Michelle Obama should run for President on 2020......And lose again by a wider margin....

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Do liberals ever retire from their time served in office......All they do is stir up more contraversy and political garbage.
edit on 29-9-2017 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I can't read minds.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: kix
Michelle Obama should run for President on 2020......And lose again by a wider margin....

Well, apparently qualifications and experience mean nothing any longer to the Office with Donnie T's election, but, I think you might be mistaken about Mrs. Obama's chances.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jobeycool
Do liberals ever retire from their time served in office......All they do is stir up more contraversy and political garbage.

Because you disagree with them they should shut up and go away?

Nice.

But nah, this is America, we believe in individual rights.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard
How would Michelle know what a woman’s voice consists of. She is, after all, a man.

The number of stars this piece of # post got pretty much backs the idea that misogyny played a large role in the last election.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Texan, same. Had several family members apparently lose their better judgement, and found it less stressful to simply not engage them in dialog. No matter how hard you try to remain civil, once the baseless buzzwords start coming, it is hard to keep your cool.

Since I'm personally not in the business of degrading people for their political beliefs (although I do speak out against it), I find its the only way to deal with some of these individuals. Unfortunately their baseless accusations make us a target for left-wing violence, and its a shame they can't see that.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
[meant to send via U2u]
edit on 9/29/2017 by JBurns because: [meant to send via U2u]

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Ya know,I convincedmy wife we were going to cancel each other out at the voting booth - so we both voted for Stein.
Got to check the "INDEPENDENT" box off AND the "Woman" box, as well the "Not a Trump Supporter Box and the "Not a Clinton supporter box".
IS Michelle O a RACIST? or a female MISOGYNIST? or does she just consider that only a DEMOCRAP is a viable option?

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is what happens with Affirmative Action and giving some people a mic, while others (like men) are never given a platform to speak about sexism. "If" men are given a platform from time to time, they are quickly dismissed and ignored, because we don't have an Affirmative Action "ace up the sleeve" card, and despite being overlooked by jobs and colleges...because everyone WITH an Affirmative Action card gets fist picks, your average man will never have a true voice. It's just more proof of female entitlement.
She and Hillary wouldn't say these things, if they were up to a fair fight. When all else fails, and a man wins...do they yell "I am woman, hear me roar" then? NO.
When they lose, they conveniently become a victim again. As per the Elephant in the room, that everyone ignores (because saying anything that is not popular about women, will result in a feminist backlash and/or protests)...this is NOT exactly a new tactic for women. Always strong and shouting "Girl Power"...until times get tough. (Can't you hear the stampede of feminist hoof prints coming as I speak)?
edit on 30-9-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Still as divisive as ever.

Still as divisive as ever? Lmao. Are you effing serious?

Another multi-millionaire showing how ignorant they are to the common folks plight.

Jesus.

Aren't you a Trump supporter? And yet you have the gall to screech about the former first lady being "divisive" and yammer about "another multi-millionaire" being ignorant of the plight of "common folks?"

What's next? Are you going to call her a liar with verbal diarrhea, a bad spray tan and gaudy taste in finishes? Derp.

I love how you completely ignored the entire point of the OP. The point that all policies don’t matter if the candidate is female and you have a vagina then you MUST vote them

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Michelle is repeating Hillary's huge blunder of bad-mouthing an entire sector of society.

I wonder how she labels WHITE MEN who voted for Barack Obama over John McCain(2008) and Mitt Romney(2012)?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join