It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama: ‘Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice’

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: shooterbrody

She stuck her big foot in her own mouth politically.

She will never become president if she tries in any near future.

Sounds like that idea really scares you.

Has M. Obama ever spoken of running for President?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

My response

Just like Billary the hag the frog king wife will never be president.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Keep bringing in things this thread is not about.
Her words were disgusting no matter what you compare them to.
She is no different than the white supremacists you rail against only she isn't dealing in melanin levels she is separating based on gender.
This behavior is WRONG no matter the political affiliation.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

My response

Just like Billary the hag the frog king wife will never be president.

A cogent and notable response as always Marg ... thanks.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

She is no different than the white supremacists you rail against only she isn't dealing in melanin levels she is separating based on gender.

I'm talking directly about the topic despite your desperate attempt to muddy.

You're stating your opinion about what Obama said, and that's fine.

Yes, she is very different from White Supremacists, and that's a totally absurd statement.

And she's not talking about gender, she's talking about sex.

NOW ... let's look at the issues, shall we?

You tell us about Trump's policy initiatives for women, his empowering statements on Women's behalf, eh?

Here's some info on Clinton for comparison:

Womens' Rights and Opportunity - hillaryclinton.com

As president, Hillary will:

Work to close the pay gap. Women earn less than men across our economy—and women of color often lose out the most. We should promote pay transparency across the economy and work to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act—a bill Hillary introduced as senator—to give women the tools they need to fight discrimination in the workforce.

Fight for paid leave. No one should have to choose between keeping their job and taking care of a sick family member, and no parent should have to go back to work right after they welcome a newborn baby.

Make quality, affordable child care a reality for families.

Increase the minimum wage. Women represent nearly two-thirds of all minimum-wage workers in America. A higher minimum wage will help close the gender pay gap, lift millions of women out of poverty, and have a ripple effect across our economy. Hillary will also work to end the so-called “tipped minimum wage.”

Defend and enhance Social Security. We need to defend Social Security from Republican attacks and enhance it to meet new realities—especially for women.

Protect and expand on the Affordable Care Act, which has helped address discrimination in our health care system and brought health coverage to millions more women.

Confront violence against women. One in five women in America is sexually assaulted while in college. Twenty-two percent of women experience severe physical violence by an intimate partner at some point in their lifetime. American women are 11 times more likely to be murdered with guns than women in other high-income countries. It’s time to address violence against women—and Hillary will put forward bold plans to do that.

Proudly stand with Planned Parenthood. Hillary is proud to have earned the endorsement of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund. She will always defend the essential health and reproductive care that Planned Parenthood provides for women.

Protect women’s health and reproductive rights. Women’s personal health decisions should be made by a woman, her family, and her faith, with the counsel of her doctor. Hillary will fight back against Republican attempts to restrict access to quality, affordable reproductive health care. She will defend access to affordable contraception, preventive care, and safe and legal abortion—not just in principle, but in practice.

Promote women’s rights around the globe. In far too many parts of the world, women are still held back by social, economic, and legal barriers. Hillary will promote gender equality around the world.

What's Trump's position on these issues?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

"Bullying" tactics?

No I am saying she is saying to all women in America "if you don't agree with me, your stupid", calling somebody stupid for political choices you disagree with is bullying, Trump does it too of coarse, I would never deny that.

We need less bullying from people who think they are smart, meanwhile they have one nose/opinion like every other person on the planet.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

"Bullying" tactics?

No I am saying she is saying to all women in America "if you don't agree with me, your stupid", calling somebody stupid for political choices you disagree with is bullying, Trump does it too of coarse, I would never deny that.

We need less bullying from people who think they are smart, meanwhile they have one nose/opinion like every other person on the planet.

I hear your opinion. I don't think she's saying that at all. Some context of her actual comments would be very helpful.

"Quite frankly, we saw this in this election. As far as I'm concerned, any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice," Mrs Obama said on Wednesday during a question-and-answer session at Inbound, a marketing and sales conference in Boston.

She continued that many Americans decided last November that Mr Trump's "voice is more true to me".

Mrs Obama insisted, however, that she wanted Mr Trump to succeed.

"We want the sitting president to be successful because we live in this country," she said. "He is our commander in chief, he was voted in."

Source
edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noteed

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

What's Trump's position on these issues?

Go start a thread on it; it has nothing to do with the ignorance that fell from the mouth of the former first lady.
The full quote in question.

www.washingtonpost.com... m=.44ba6154794c

Quite frankly we saw this in this election. As far as I'm concerned, my woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice in a way. To me, it doesn’t say as much about Hillary Clinton ― and everybody’s trying to wonder. Well, what does it mean for Hillary? No, no, no. What does it mean for us as women? That we look at those two candidates, as women, and many of us said, ‘That guy. He’s better for me. His voice is more true to me.’ Well, to me that just says you don’t like your voice. You like the thing you’re told to like.

From the same link

But what Obama and other critics may not understand is that Trump's voice actually IS the voice of many of his female supporters — the traditionalist voice that speaks out against a liberal culture that many conservative women feel has left them behind.

LOL
If you are a woman and you didn't vote for hillary "you don't like your own voice".
I hope these people STAY in the spotlight. They are full of crap and the whole country sees it.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What Obama's statement means is the topic of the thread friend. If you don't want to discuss it, direct your comments at someone else.

Mrs. Obama stated, clearly in her comments as I noted above, that some people chose Mr. Trump's voice over Hillary's and that we should support the President and hope for his success.

You're cherry-picking and posting half-truths ... I hesitate to say "as usual."
edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Lol
I guess reading is not your thing.

‘That guy. He’s better for me. His voice is more true to me.’ Well, to me that just says you don’t like your voice. You like the thing you’re told to like.

If you have an opinion different from mine you hate yourself.
Garbage
Utter rubbish
No different than any other divider.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Lol
I guess reading is not your thing.

‘That guy. He’s better for me. His voice is more true to me.’ Well, to me that just says you don’t like your voice. You like the thing you’re told to like.

If you have an opinion different from mine you hate yourself.
Garbage
Utter rubbish
No different than any other divider.

Goodness ... it looks to me like Mrs. Obama said "that says to me."

She must have been sharing her opinion in response to a question asked to her at an event she was paid to appear at to share her opinions.

Expressing her opinion in the same way that she said a few minutes later that some choose Trump because they felt HE was their voice, and that she supports and wishes for the President's success.

She continued that many Americans decided last November that Mr Trump's "voice is more true to me".

Mrs Obama insisted, however, that she wanted Mr Trump to succeed.

"We want the sitting president to be successful because we live in this country," she said. "He is our commander in chief, he was voted in."

Stop lying so blatantly; makes you look kinda silly.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

So it is her opinion ALL women should have voted for hillary or they hate themselves, but that is ok because she "supports trump".
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sexism is excused when you show support for the potus.
What a joke.
No wonder you people can't win any elections.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

What Michelle or Michael forgets is Hillary's attempts to threaten and shut up Bill's accusers of rape.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Michelle Obama: ‘Any woman who voted against Hillary Clinton voted against their own voice’

Well that sets back womens sufferage 100 years.

Women are just too 'dumb' to think for themselves.

They have to be told WHAT to think.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Well that sets back womens sufferage 100 years.

Women are just too 'dumb' to think for themselves.

They have to be told WHAT to think.

Not what she said.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

So it is her opinion ALL women should have voted for hillary or they hate themselves, but that is ok because she "supports trump".
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sexism is excused when you show support for the potus.
What a joke.
No wonder you people can't win any elections.

That's not what she said.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Mrs. Obama expressed an opinion?

The horror.

Mrs O may be having her own deplorable moment considering over half of all women voted for Trump. But, I hope she keeps it up, voting for genitalia worked out so well for Hillary.

I don't always vote genitalia....but when I do I'm a real dick about it!!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Was he not in the public eye?

He certainly had an issue with the police even before he "knew all the facts".

And he should have never use the dastardly N-word.

He and his wife were very divisive.

Nah, first time she was proud of her country was when her husband was elected potus.

That's not divisive at all, lol.

Don't forget obama's "christians and their high horse" remark at the prayer breakfast.

Was there anything they didn't divide on?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yes, yes. You omitted the fact that she slapped the Trump voters, OOPS, women voters with the fact that they voted against their own voice. Meaning they are too stupid to vote for her newest BFF Hillary. Odd how that was left out.

Mrs. Obama stated, clearly in her comments as I noted above, that some people chose Mr. Trump's voice over Hillary's and that we should support the President and hope for his success.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

But that's how the progs are.

When it comes down to it, they don't care who you are or what you do or think as long as it is in step with what they think and do.

They don't want to hear excuses or even an argument, you're just a racist.

Thankfully it doesn't mean anything anymore because they wore the stuffing out of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join