It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cares more about NFL football than Puerto Rico

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: Gryphon66

But according to my link, 25.1% are Protestant. So they could at least pretend to care.

I don't disagree, not only that, they're AMERICAN Christians.

A flag ritual is more important to some than AMERICANS it seems.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Christians are and have been donating and volunteering in Puerto Rico. Perhaps you should do just a touch of research before flapping your e-gums against someone.
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is an article after Irma....when half of PR was already dark.

time.com...

Puerto Rico's public power company warned before the storm hit that some areas could be left without power from four to six months because its staff has been reduced and its infrastructure weakened by the island's decade-long economic slump.

7,000 National Guard..before Maria...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No links still? Ok. Didn't read.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Christians are and have been donating and volunteering in Puerto Rico. Perhaps you should do just a touch of research before flapping your e-gums against someone.
www.nbcnews.com...

1. As long as it's within the T&C, I'll "flap my e-gums" as much as I want.

2. Perhaps you should look at the context of my posts & the flow of dialogue before flapping your e-gums about my posts.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

It's true. From the article in the OP:

Questions about Trump’s engagement have been fueled by what critics see as the president’s obsession with NFL players kneeling during the national anthem, a feud that has dominated Trump’s Twitter feed, often a good gauge of what is grabbing his attention.

WaPo

It's not about actual federal responses, nor the Governor's appreciation for it, but about words and tweets.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I think you FLAP e-lips Burd, you BUMP e-gums.

I know how important the facts are to you.

edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So Trump's also a "leftist" then?

Seems he reacts to reactions to Twitter like others here.

Jeez.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A statement was made that American Christians aren't helping Puerto Rico, I proved otherwise...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Jeez.

No.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You didn't prove anything. My initial post was a response to Neo's post that was saying "The best thing that happened to Puerto Rico was getting hit. They were already bankrupt. Now cash is guaranteed to be flowing in out of sympathy."

I replied by saying "Let me guess, yet another hypocrite who complains about Americans kneeling for the flag because of "patriotism", yet is fine with Americans suffering, dying, losing their homes & properties, etc in a hurricane?"

That's the context for my other posts. I was referring to the hypocrites who complain about patriotism with the flag, but then think that Americans getting crushed by a hurricane is a good thing because of sympathy cash. Unless your link proved that its the flag worshipers and people like Neo who are donating money to Puerto Rico, then you didn't prove crap.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: neo96

Let me guess, yet another hypocrite who complains about Americans kneeling for the flag because of "patriotism", yet is fine with Americans suffering, dying, losing their homes & properties, etc in a hurricane?

Since when is PR America ?

They don't even have the right to vote in our elections.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

www.nbcnews.com...

They don't care.

They don't even care about the suffering there.

The only thing they care about is demagogue Trump using anything they can.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Wrong again, as usual.

Like other territories, Puerto Rico can participate in the presidential primary process. It holds a primary election in the spring of each presidential election year. Then the parties choose delegates to the Republican and Democratic National Convention, who are pledged to vote at that convention for the winners of Puerto Rico's primary, but that's the end of their participation in the presidential election.

Source

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Jeez.

No.

But you said he reacts to Twitter.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Wrong again, as usual.

Not hardly.

Voting rights of United States citizens in Puerto Rico, like the voting rights of residents of other United States territories, differ from those of United States citizens in each of the fifty states and the District of Columbia. Residents of Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories do not have voting representation in the United States Congress, and are not entitled to electoral votes for President. T

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I said twitter dictates what the left focuses on. I was being general, of course.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I said twitter dictates what the left focuses on. I was being general, of course.

You also cited the OPs source that Trump's Twitter feed is "often a good gauge of what is grabbing his attention."

Were you being general on that point as well?
edit on 28-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You know I watch how the news about PR needs is paraded by the news media, they are despicable, the inner pueblos are fine and they have what they need, the news keep showing people in San Juan screaming that they have no electricity and gas, hell you can not pump gas without electricity.

They show the people that live on government hand outs and internet services, they have no clue how to kill a pig or pluck chicken and feed themselves.

People in the internal parts of the Island knows how to survive, because they hardly leave their homes in the hills to waste their time in the main city.

Is a shame what the news are doing.

And PR has been getting assistance from the Federal government since before Irma hit the Island first.

edit on 28-9-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yeah, it's the "news's" fault.

Jesus Christ on a F-ing Crutch.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join