It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cares more about NFL football than Puerto Rico

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'm interested to hear how it has to do with the oppression of White people and Second Amendment rights, myself.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Hey look! Trump responded! That must mean all is well and good. Let's not break down the nuance of his response effort or anything. Just him responding gets him an A in LesMisanthrope's book.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Look it up. Billions in total has gone and does go to PR. Their goverment is so corrupt much of the money never got to where it should go. Moving people from a shoreline that erodes 3 feet a year. Moving the power infrastructure away from the coast. Preparing!

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Hey look! Trump responded! That must mean all is well and good. Let's not break down the nuance of his response effort or anything. Just him responding gets him an A in LesMisanthrope's book.

Is the governor of Puerto Rico lying or telling the truth?

Dismissing evidence to the contrary proves you're not in it for the truth. Lying is ok in KrazyShot's book.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm laughing to myself because people say Trump doesn't care. What about other leaders, such as Queen Elizabeth just to name one?

I never see others pitching in to provide relief aid.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

How about you just post sources to what you are talking about for once? We've been through this song and dance before. I don't research your points for you. If you are too lazy to prove your point I just forget it and move on.

Though I fail to see how it is the everyman's fault that PR didn't prepare for a storm of a century.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Is the governor of Puerto Rico lying or telling the truth?

Dismissing evidence to the contrary proves you're not in it for the truth. Lying is ok in KrazyShot's book.

I've already discussed the governor of PR in this thread. Since you are calling me a liar, I'll let you read through the thread to find it on your own time.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

Maybe it's because Puerto Rico is an American territory and Puerto Ricans are Americans?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I've already discussed the governor of PR in this thread. Since you are calling me a liar, I'll let you read through the thread to find it on your own time.

I won't waste my time. It thoroughly refutes your OP and searching through your back-pedalling and snark would be as tedious as it sounds.
edit on 28-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Tempter
Not be so crass, but I care more about NFL football than Puerto Rico.

I've never been there and despite Puerto Ricans being "citizens" they sure don't feel like it.

It's just a fact, NFL football iswas more important to me throughout my entire life more than Puerto Rico.

Just facts...

Your personal opinion (which you state clearly) is "just facts"?

Nah.

It's not an opinion, brother. Thas my position on this specifically. I'm not saying they aren't citizens, or that they don't deserve aid. I'm just saying I haven't given Puerto Rico much thought in my life. I don't personally know anyone from there, so I don't really have a great connection to it.

I'm glad DT us helping them out. But if he's going to tweet about something I'd rather hear about his positions on the NFL fiasco than the devastation in PR.

Again, these are my own facts of thought.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I'm interested to hear how it has to do with the oppression of White people and Second Amendment rights, myself.

Don't forget the religious angle. More than 95% of Puerto Ricans are Christians according to this, yet that doesn't seem to be gaining them any sympathy from our supposedly pro-Christian right wing. The right is literally having to be pressured in the press and social media to get involved with helping their fellow Christian Americans in Puerto Rico.

Let's make sure they remember this every time they complain about a "war on Christmas" and the Left's supposed "war on Christianity"...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightFire

Puerto Rico is a US territory, so our POTUS should care a helk of a lot more about it than the queen of England.

It has been over a week, the USNS Comfort has been ordered to go to PR, but still has not left Norfolk yet. Stuff like this is ultimately the president's responsibility.

The US has the largest Navy the world has ever seen, saying response has been slow because PR is an island in a big ocean is him dodging responsibility instead of being a leader.

As usual his supporters and the Trumpbots are quick to make excuses for his lack of leadership here.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Right. They're Catholic though. Proddies don't care for Catholics unless they need them for votes.

Don't forget in the US, the reactionaries wanted to keep Catholics out of government as much as possible. Not unlike gun control laws were originally to keep firearms out of the hands of Blacks in the South after the Civil War.

Many Christians are fine people and try to emulate Jesus. Some, particularly many around here, seem to be working for someone else.

May fortune favor Puerto Rico; perhaps the prayers of folks like you will make a difference.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Couldn't agree more. Trump's priorities are definitely not with anything that matters. He'd rather support this false outrage about the national anthem to appease his supporters than to even address Puerto Rico. It's pretty sad. You also have the fact that the hypocrite said absolutely nothing about the NFL giving people 2nd and 3rd chances for domestic abuse or expressed any concerns about people with DUIs. So he's not offended in the least about people beating the crap out of women or some of the biggest hurricanes we've had hitting PR, but kneeling for the anthem is some HUGE deal. This is why Trump is the most divisive president we've had in a long time. I seriously thought the tea parties were the most insane group, but Trump supporters easily take the cake. Patriotism does not mean you have to blindly obey and salute the flag every time it's there. A true patriot stands up for injustices regardless of who gets offended. A true patriot cares about the constitution and not allowing nationalism to take over. These are important things, but brainwashing is a huge problem in society.
edit on 9 28 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

If you don't know the subject shut up about it then. I know we have had this conversation before. You are going on and on about how Donald Trump is not helping. All of you.

Did you even know that the Jones act was lifted after Irma and since it expires in 7 days they needed to re-enable? Bet you didn't and here you are all talking about how nothing is done for PR.

Plus, FEMA and add'l military were on island when Maria hit.
edit on Seppm30pmf0000002017-09-28T12:28:11-05:001211 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Don't forget the religious angle. More than 95% of Puerto Ricans are Christians according to this, yet that doesn't seem to be gaining them any sympathy from our supposedly pro-Christian right wing. The right is literally having to be pressured in the press and social media to get involved with helping their fellow Christian Americans in Puerto Rico.

That's nonsense. It's the left who is being pressured into giving a hoot. Twitter dictates what the left focuses on.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

LOL Yeah whatever helps you sleep at night, dude.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

But according to my link, 25.1% are Protestant. So they could at least pretend to care.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If responding second-hand to Twitter is what determines who is "left" it seems that poster must be "left."

Such claims are pure sophistry of course; but, as you say ... if it helps one go back to sleep.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Twitter dictates what the left focuses on?

That makes no sense. But go ahead and make this a left vs right thing.

I think Trump said what he did about the NFL in hopes of boosting the ratings via controversy. It is mainly the under educated 'right' with no military experience who are getting their panties in a wad over players taking a knee, most of us respect the first amendment.

About PR, it has been a week and still no naval response, even though the Comfort is supposed to leave Norfolk "in a couple of days".

The lack of urgent action demonstrates a lack of leadership and a lack of empathy of the people of Puerto Rico.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join