It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cares more about NFL football than Puerto Rico

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Pladuim

You're missing the point, again.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

I'm not missing anything, I can smell your stinky BS a mile away.

Pladuim

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Pladuim

Up until today supplies were being delivered by 2 military ships. Supplies were arriving, but not enough to help. Plus, the Blaze article you posted points out that there are more issues on the ground as well.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

That's great that your family is doing fine, but don't pretend like that is the story for everyone.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Cares?

Well then why wait for Trump and the state.

Whip out billions of dollars out of your own pocket, or fly there and help them yourself.

Instead of demagoguing Trump.

The best thing that happened to Puerto Rico was getting hit.

They were already bankrupt.

Now cash is guaranteed to be flowing in out of sympathy.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I was going to ignore your post here like I usually do, but then I saw this. Wow. You are a terrible person.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I was going to ignore your post here like I usually do, but then I saw this. Wow. You are a terrible person.

Right because whatever you say is certainly the truth now isn't it.

Remind me again who is trying to score stars off the Trump and PR ?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

So an ad hominem instead of linking that source again. I guess we have nothing further to talk about.

Of course we don’t. Once it was determined that you didn’t research the topic before posting, I moved on. By the way the link is still there on the first page for your viewing, but I guess it would be a lot to ask for you to deny ignorance. Plus every interaction I’ve ever had with you has been the same. You attack the person instead of their information they are sharing, so yea I’m done with your child-like temper tantrums.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Most people who are done talking to someone don't need to stroke their ego to let the person know. They just stop talking. But hey, whatever you say.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Maybe Puerto Rico should have spent the 700 million in FEMA funds and preparing the country. Amazing how much of that money just floated away.

There are also still people in Florida and Texas with no homes and electricity. Are we just forgetting them now because of a Natural disaster in PR? Should aid be stopped to them and only be sent to PR?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Why isnt anyone asking other world leaders to help?
Why is this entirely OUR responsibility?

I keep hearing how these are Americans.....

This is Puerto Rico. Another country. They should get HELP, not an all inclusive fix served on a silver platter.

We have actual states in crisis now. Every dollar and able body should go to them.

And we still have our own natural disasters to face. The year isnt over.

edit on 9 28 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

This is Puerto Rico. Another country. They should get HELP, not an all inclusive fix served on a silver platter.

We have actual states in crisis now. Every dollar and able body should go to them.

Um... Puerto Rico is a US territory...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Maybe Puerto Rico should have spent the 700 million in FEMA funds and preparing the country. Amazing how much of that money just floated away.

What are you talking about here?

There are also still people in Florida and Texas with no homes and electricity. Are we just forgetting them now because of a Natural disaster in PR? Should aid be stopped to them and only be sent to PR?

Who said anything about providing aid to one over the other? Stop inventing ridiculous arguments out of thin air.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Blatantly false. It's just that you care more about his tweets than his actual efforts.

Sept. 5th - Hurricane Irma - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Emergency Declaration

Sept. 6th - Hurricane Irma - Readout of President Donald J. Trump’s Call with Governor Ricardo Rosselló of Puerto Rico

Sept 10th - Hurricane Irma - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Disaster Declaration

Sept 18th - Hurricane Maria - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Emergency Declaration

Sept. 20th - Hurricane Maria - Statement from the Press Secretary on Hurricane Response and Recovery Efforts in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands

Sept. 21st - Hurricane Maria - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Disaster Declaration

Sept. 26th - Hurricane Maria - President Donald J. Trump Amends Puerto Rico Disaster Declaration

Not only that, but Governor Ricardo Russello commended the administration for its quick response and attentiveness to the situation in an interview with PBS.

JOHN YANG: Governor, are you getting all the aid you need or getting it fast enough from the states?

GOV. RICARDO ROSSELLO: First of all, we are very grateful for the administration. They have responded quickly.
The president has been very attentive to the situation, personally calling me several times. FEMA and the FEMA director have been here in Puerto Rico twice. As a matter of fact, they were here with us today, making sure that all the resources in FEMA were working in conjunction with the central government.

We have been working together. We have been getting results. The magnitude of this catastrophe is enormous. This is going to take a lot of help, a lot of collaboration. So, my call is to congressmen and congresswomen to take action quickly and conclusively with an aid package for Puerto Rico.

We are in the midst of potentially having a humanitarian crisis here in Puerto Rico which would translate to a humanitarian crisis in the United States. So, I call upon Congress to take action immediately. You know, Puerto Ricans are proud U.S. citizens.
www.pbs.org...

You can tell what kind of person virtue-signalling works on by taking the note of the people searching for empathy and action and response time within the tweets and timelines on Twitter.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Dude.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Wow. What a d1ck. I bet you wouldn't have the balls to say that face to face with someone whose lost loved ones or their home in Puerto Rico.

Keyboard coward.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Bruh... Puerto Rico is an American territory that hasn't been given statehood yet, like Guam & the US Virgin Islands. All Puerto Ricans are American citizens. In fact, it has more American citizens than 21 US States (Iowa, Utah, Mississippi, Arkansas, Nevada, Kansas, Nebraska, New Mexico, West Virginia, Idaho, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Maine, Rhode Island, Montana, Delaware, North Dakota, South Dakota, Alaska, Vermont, and Wyoming.)

en.wikipedia.org...

That's like asking why aren't other countries helping out when tornadoes ravage Oklahoma. Isn't the whole point in our federal govt to protect Americans?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Let me guess, yet another hypocrite who complains about Americans kneeling for the flag because of "patriotism", yet is fine with Americans suffering, dying, losing their homes & properties, etc in a hurricane?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Not be so crass, but I care more about NFL football than Puerto Rico.

I've never been there and despite Puerto Ricans being "citizens" they sure don't feel like it.

It's just a fact, NFL football iswas more important to me throughout my entire life more than Puerto Rico.

Just facts...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Not be so crass, but I care more about NFL football than Puerto Rico.

I've never been there and despite Puerto Ricans being "citizens" they sure don't feel like it.

It's just a fact, NFL football iswas more important to me throughout my entire life more than Puerto Rico.

Just facts...

Your personal opinion (which you state clearly) is "just facts"?

Nah.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join