It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cares more about NFL football than Puerto Rico

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Maybe the trump is using the nfl thing to distract you all from the fact that a disenfranchised state of the uS has become a lawless jungle quite suddenly , with not much chance of immediate recovery given the destroyments on the ground and a reported complete lack of power . The airport might have lights but you dont even unload containers to the port without the grid .

All the while 3.5 million people are needing 9.5 million meals a day . And all that while PortoRican agriculture contributes only 1% to its GDP a year . Some hurricane/disaster -proof system for feeding and housing those residents of an
_island could have materialized there long ago , mitigating the effects of the worst hurricane in 90 years to hit the island . Cuba has permaculture systems in place , not only for the reason they are also exposed to the weather

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GeneralMayhem

Puerto Rico isn't a state, it's a territory. Yes, there's a big difference.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor
Seeing people on here defending Trump in this case is hilarious. Just look at how many Trump tweets about the NFL vs Puerto Rico. Who knew we'd live to see "Idiocracy" happen before our eyes?

Considering the smartest man in the world was POTUS in Idiocracy, I'm not sure why that continues to be used as an attempted insult against Trump?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Kind of like the difference between being a guest and being a hostage ?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeneralMayhem

Kind of like the difference between being a guest and being a hostage ?

No, not that extreme. The only thing they lack is direct voting representation in Congress.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

So ... not that big of a difference then

edit on 27-9-2017 by GeneralMayhem because: change monkeyface for thumbs up

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor
Seeing people on here defending Trump in this case is hilarious. Just look at how many Trump tweets about the NFL vs Puerto Rico. Who knew we'd live to see "Idiocracy" happen before our eyes?

How come when lefties attempt to make a point, they don't actually make a point?

Do you even have a point? If you try real hard can you muster it into something legible? Or is the problem on Puerto Rico's ports and inability to bring relief on shore due to twitter?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Read between the lines a bit, please. Lacking voting representation in Congress means Puerto Ricans don't pay US federal income tax. If you're not paying into something, how can you be disenfranchised? Power isn't free, man.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

My friend from Puerto Rico, who just retired from the Marines had nothing but praises for President Trump today. Your opinion on this matter is nothing but over sensationalized BS. Seriously, it's complete liberal ignorance at its best.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
FEMA was in PR when it was hit because if Irma. The pipelines for assistance were already in place. A Cat 4/5 storm hits and an island loses all power. The fact that a new crew can already televise from there tells us that infrastructure is working. I saw people in line for ATM's on the news. So, it is bad but it is not bad in all places.

Many parts of PR are like 3rd world countries. That should not be the fault of anyone who is providing assistance. it is coming.

Then, do not forget, but there are those after Harvey and Irma who will still not be in their homes for months or even years. Is one disaster worse than the other? No. They are equal and when so many happen in succession it is tough to address. Were is the world helping the US when we are always called upon???? Where are they?

However, what Trump said was right. PR has been plagued by political corruption and it is catching up now since those who should have been preparing were not and now so many of you want to lay the blame at the foot of Trump.

In the end this will save the from bankruptcy....

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Read between the lines a bit, please. Lacking voting representation in Congress means Puerto Ricans don't pay US federal income tax. If you're not paying into something, how can you be disenfranchised? Power isn't free, man.

And yet they can be officially conscripted .. sounds a bit like slavery to me , not paying in and not getting a vote ?
Marginalisation of a large island community at best ... the legal part of human rights come at no cost bar a search.
But I bet they love living in that set of islands there , the 3rd world ragged by hurricanes and beholden to the US or not.

The aid is being sent there , maybe its worth comparing what happened to Haiti under clintonobama , instead joining the media as a source of hateful content towards Trump. On topic for the thread , they're the ones who _started this because they are looking for besmirchment of Trump, this time off the back of a considerable disaster.

edit on 28-9-2017 by GeneralMayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pladuim

My friend from Puerto Rico, who just retired from the Marines had nothing but praises for President Trump today. Your opinion on this matter is nothing but over sensationalized BS. Seriously, it's complete liberal ignorance at its best.

I have three friends from Puerto Rico who hate Trump... therefore my unverified opinion beats yours.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SudoNim

Yea, but I'm telling the truth, are you?

In boot camp, my friend only knew 2 words in English (yes and no), and he really had a rough time of it. I would stay up at night teaching him English. He ended up serving 22 years in the USMC and I am very proud to call him my friend.

Pladuim

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Pladuim

The point is that anecdotes don't tell the story and only appeal to your particular biases. Everyone has an anecdote that they can tell to strengthen their argument. Supplies may be arriving NOW, but I am focused on the lackluster response leading up to now. Everyone wants to gloss over that PR was hurting for a full week with only two military ships helping out while Trump was bitching about the NFL.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

You were saying?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

It's about time. Thankfully the governor of Puerto Rico knows whats up.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pladuim

Yea, but I'm telling the truth, are you?

In boot camp, my friend only knew 2 words in English (yes and no), and he really had a rough time of it. I would stay up at night teaching him English. He ended up serving 22 years in the USMC and I am very proud to call him my friend.

Pladuim

How do I know you are telling the truth?

On summer vacation my three Rican friends used to travel with me, they would have a hard time telling the time so from time to time I'd have to help. I recently got in touch with them after a few years of inactivity and ironically two of them now work as watch repairmen, the other doesn't. All three think Trump is an idiot and i'm proud of my friends as well for having jobs.

Wow, looks like we neck and neck for credibility.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Supplies have been there.

www.theblaze.com...

I think the few minutes Trump used to call out the SOB's in the NFL was justified. In your statement, you seem to think that's all Trump was doing. Over sensationalized BS from you also.

Pladuim

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

That is not true and you are just pushing the same old anti trump rhetoric.

He is right, most ports were damaged the airport partially working and the Island is inaccessible to help people in the many pueblos inside the Island due the type of topography we have in the cordillera and because the Island is in very bad shape due to the financial problems.

Actually He has done a great job with the assistance right after Irma that was able to provide first aid to the PR government right before and after Irma.

On this issue now been paraded like Trump is at fault for Irma and Maria decimating PR I call it BS and nothing but crap

I'm Puertorrican I know my Island and until last Wednesday after the Hurricane I was able to communicate with my family, my sister is a Radiologist in the main central hospital in Carolina, they had electricity and she worked during the Hurricane, My brother works for one of the main offices of the government, things were moving fast for clean up was started, the Island will take years to get back when it comes to infrastructure.

Nothing but bull crap.

edit on 28-9-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Who the hell said I was trying to prove anything. God, the ignorance. I could link you to his Facebook page and the exact statements he had to say. I could show you pictures of him and I we took while serving during the liberation of Kuwait. I could do a lot of things to prove myself, but why would I even go through the trouble for an asshat like you. The thing is I don't have to prove your full of liberal BS, your doing that all on your own.

Pladuim
edit on 28-9-2017 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join