It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cares more about NFL football than Puerto Rico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So you are ok with Trump not temporarily waiving the Jones Act?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: GuidedKill

Ignorance recognize ignorance? So you are saying you are ignorant or something? I don't think your words there mean what you had hoped they meant. I'm speculating the reason for that is you do not know what the word ignorant means.

I'm saying you were ignorant in the first place for the OP which was an hit/opinion piece..Then you were ignorant again for passing it off as fact...Then you once again showed your ignorance for calling someone else who pointed out factual information ignorant..

You see the problem is you are the ignorant one and are blinded by your ignorance...I was merely pointing out how ignorant it was for a ignorant person to post ignorant info and then call someone ignorant for not agreeing with them....

But then again you're ignorant and wouldn't understand...

I couldn't link your pic but it's next to the definition....

ig·no·rant
/ˈiɡnərənt/
adjective
adjective: ignorant

lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
"he was told constantly that he was ignorant and stupid"

synonyms: uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted; More
inexperienced, unworldly, unsophisticated

"the plight of these ignorant children should be an international concern"

antonyms: educated

•lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular.
"they were ignorant of astronomy"

synonyms: without knowledge of, unaware of, unconscious of, oblivious to, incognizant of, unfamiliar with, unacquainted with, uninformed about, ill-informed about, unenlightened about, unconversant with, inexperienced in/with, naive about, green about; More
informalin the dark about, clueless about

"they were ignorant of working-class life"
antonyms: knowledgeable

•informal
discourteous or rude.
"this ignorant, pin-brained receptionist"

•West Indian
easily angered; quick-tempered.
"she could be very ignorant and he had no intention of getting involved in an argument just now"

edit on 27-9-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Modern football wouldn't even exist without the intervention of President Theodore Roosevelt, who forced team owners to come up with safer rules or get shut down. So there's a long history of presidential intervention in football.

It's still a ridiculous sport, though, and if it wasn't for gambling nobody would even watch it.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Your bubble has lead shields to keep it from being popped.

but yea, Trump was being praised while people were suffering and still can't fly out of PR as I speak... then gets on TV saying everyone is good and we're doing a great job...

And your dog and pony show wears blinders to keep your vision as tunneled up as possible.

Forgive the good people of Puerto Rico for not climbing onto the Hate Trump bandwagon with the cool kids... they have reality to deal with. FWIW, FEMA stated yesterday that travel to the island needs to be restricted to transport directly related to life saving activity. Is Trump a doctor or an engineer? No? Then maybe, just maybe he hasn't flown into PR yet because his presence there would draw resources away from where they're presently needed most.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Hmm, from what I've read they are going to help.

USNews

You act like every politician has been spending 24/7 worrying and talking about Puerto Rico and Trump is the only one that has the audacity to talk about other things right now. They're working on helping them obviously. Your source is just sensationalized to the highest order.

I posted several sources, but here is one more that shows how Trump could have been prepared to help Puerto Rico before the storm even hit.
The ‘very big ocean’ between here and Puerto Rico is not a perfect excuse for a lack of aid

So couldn’t the government have either sent supplies in advance (as it did for Texas and Florida by truck) or sent cargo after the fact that could have gotten to Puerto Rico by now?

The answer is yes and yes.

To the second question first. The ship-tracking site MarineTraffic.com provided The Washington Post with data on two ships that left the continental United States after Maria made landfall in Puerto Rico and which either have arrived or will soon arrive there. The first is a cargo ship — the truck of the sea, if you will — named Perla Del Caribe. It left Jacksonville on Sept. 22 — two days after Maria landed — and arrived in San Juan on Tuesday afternoon.

The second is a tanker, the Overseas Long Beach, which left Houston late on Sept. 21 and was to arrive late Tuesday night.

Umm, yea not gonna subscribe to Wapo. I get more informative news from my toilet paper than from there.

Well if you aren't going to inform yourself on the content of my thread, then you probably don't belong here discussing the topic lest you agree with promoting ignorance.

Haha, so now we have to subscribe to websites only you deem worthy?

You don't have to do anything. I'm just helping you out so you don't accidentally stick your foot in your mouth over commenting on something that you didn't know was addressed in my links.

I already linked a different source that destroyed your narrative, yet you didn't reply to that post conveniently. On top of that you don't even have to subscribe and enter your personal information to read it.

Link it again. This is a fast moving thread and you guys are playing the gang up on OP game so I can't respond to everything. Though I'm trying.

I also want to let you know that I will continue to discuss whatever topic I want while bored here at work.

Do you. I was just offering suggestions. I can't help it if you insist on appearing like an idiot.

Couldn't read your source because you have to subscribe as I already stated. Unsure what's so hard to understand about that. Another thing is are you here to attack posters on baseless accusations or Trump?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
ATS....All Trump Site. Hell even I'm getting tired of this.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Yeah. To be fair we have to subscribe to WaPo.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I already abandoned another site for this very reason.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You have been a mod and have even told others to keep scrolling if you don't like the subject.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I'm not the President. It isn't my job to care for the people without power, health care, or food and water.

Nor is it his.

His job is to oversee the federal government. The states should be handling relief to their people, then ask the federal government for help.

According to the Puerto Ricans, they have asked for help and it is being provided. The trouble is, its not like HEB can just drive some trucks down there to help them. Which is kinda what Trump alluded to: immediate relief tends to come from neighbors, who can't get there due to the ocean. GOvernment aid always lags a bit behind.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Not waiving the Jones Act is what's going to reap a lot of deaths in Puerto Rice. It's prohibits aide from any other nation than the US, and aide that must be provided by US owned shipped and powered by US purchased petrol fuel.

This is worse than Katrina, way worse!
edit on 27-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Krazysh0t

www.cnn.com...

It seems that there are really only two criticisms, neither very Earth shaking.
1. Trump hasn't said enough about PR on social media.
2. Trump hasn't visited the island.

Everything else, per this article, seems to indicate that the response has been appropriate and the various responder agencies have gotten all the support from the executive branch that they need to tackle this.

That's pretty much the sum of it. Some people whine about him using Twitter and then whine when he doesn't use Twitter the way they want him to.

As for going there, he's planning the trip. I think the MSM were so upset about how well the recent situations were handled, they wanted to get out ahead of this one to manufacture some negativity. I am sure they were devastated that more people didn't die in Florida and Texas, so they could blame Trump.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I could be wrong, but the waiver system for the executive branch does not include acts of congress. That would be our legislators that need to vote on a waiver.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

You have been a mod and have even told others to keep scrolling if you don't like the subject.

Yeah but scrolling leads to more of the same. I wouldn't mind it but it's the same redundant crap with his supporters and detractors EVERY TIME.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I've been waiting for one of the Trump haters to start a thread about how Puerto Ricans and virgin Islanders are darker than he is which makes them unimportant.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I live in a remote port city, so I support the Jones Act. That said, I have no problem with the feds lifting it for this particular scenario, nor would I particularly disagree if they chose to keep it in effect.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I could be wrong, but the waiver system for the executive branch does not include acts of congress. That would be our legislators that need to vote on a waiver.

Homeland Security can issue a waiver, and the President presides over Homeland Security, so......

In recognition of the severity of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, the US Department of Homeland Security approved a waiver of the federal Jones Act, which will be in effect for seven days after signature and is specifically tailored to transportation of refined products in hurricane-affected areas. 
The waiver will ensure that over the next week, all options are available to distribute fuel to states and territories impacted by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma.
www.safety4sea.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Donnie will wreck the NFL™ just like He did to the USFL™ and His meddling when He 'owned' the New Jersey Generals...

If I'm not here when the voting starts, I'd like to award ATS™ member "Metallicus" the intraweb for the day..

And I quote: "It's one of the things that makes him a good president..." que laugh track HAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That is a federal department that needs to be dissolved (and should have never formed)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

The governing body in Puerto Rico should alert everyone that Hurricane Maria blew over some trees that had grown over the world's largest gold mine, the Mother of ALL Mother Lodes, then on the other side of the road, there were oil deposits that a company or 4 could make billion$$$... Better yet, "ISIS™ " did it, then We could throw trillion$ at it..

KrazyShot- Mentioning Puerto Rico's financial woes is Donnie bending at the knee to His overlords on Wall St. who will once again enjoy record profits this year and if those who don't, just raise the taxes on the middle class (can't get rid of them fast enough)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join