It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cares more about NFL football than Puerto Rico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

It's ignorant to expect people in the thread to read my sources and be informed on what I'm talking about? Well I guess you don't know what the word ignorant means.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Why did the Governor of Puerto Rico, last Friday, Thank Trump and FEMA for their quick and overwhelming response?

Source for this claim? All I can find is this:
Puerto Rico governor “confident” President Donald Trump understands Maria’s damage on island
He DID say this on Saturday though:
Puerto Rico governor: ‘We still need some more help’ from Washington

So the gov said that they still need more help, does that mean we were already helping then?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your bubble has lead shields to keep it from being popped.

but yea, Trump was being praised while people were suffering and still can't fly out of PR as I speak... then gets on TV saying everyone is good and we're doing a great job...

and that's swallowed easier than a bad pill from a hipster at a rave...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

It's ignorant to expect people in the thread to read my sources and be informed on what I'm talking about? Well I guess you don't know what the word ignorant means.

What does reading your sources have to do with being informed.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Your sources are mostly left leaning.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The response could have been and should have been MUCH better. Even you can't shy away from admitting the response was slow. Care to expand on my source from earlier in the thread talking about how a possibility of two tankers with much larger cargo holds couldn't have been used to carry more supplies? Why won't Trump lift the Jones Act? He did so for Texas and Florida.
Donald Trump Refuses to Send More Aid to Puerto Rico, Citing Business Interests

President Donald Trump has made it clear his administration isn't planning to provide additional aid to Puerto Rico by waiving the Jones Act.

Also called the Merchant Marine Act of 1920, the Jones Act requires all goods shipped between American ports to be on ships built, owned and operated in the United States.

Speaking with reporters on Wednesday afternoon, the president cited business interests as the reason for refusing calls from lawmakers and activists to allow international organizations and governments to ship aid to the island in the wake of Hurricane Maria.

Trump said he was initially considering whether to implement a temporary waiver, but decided against it as "a lot of people that work in the shipping industry…don’t want the Jones Act lifted."

The refusal to work with intergovernmental networks eager to supply aid to the devastated island was then echoed by Trump’s Department of Homeland Security. "Based on consultation with other federal agencies," spokesman David Lapan said Wednesday, "DHS's current assessment is that there is sufficient numbers of U.S.-flagged vessels to move commodities to Puerto Rico."

The department did waive the Jones Act to aid Houston and parts of Florida that were ravaged by Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Senator John McCain, who has repeatedly fought to repeal the act, slammed the Department of Homeland Security for failing to extend the same relief efforts to Puerto Rico that it provided to parts of the mainland United States.

Any comments?

link   

It means he NEVER thanked Trump and saying so was a lie, especially after other posters jumped on the "No facts in this thread" bandwagon.

link   

This from the person who made an ignorant statement about how the President personally feels about something....You literally fabricated/guessed the President cares more about one thing over another...Something you can never prove one way or the other....

Talk about ignorance and ignorant conversations.....

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

While Mr Trump said he was visiting as early as the situation allowed, critics have faulted the president for being slow to address the devastation. Puerto Rican pop star Marc Anthony lashed out, and a former spokesman for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton - and vocal Trump detractor - accused the president of “racist neglect”.

Wow, a celebrity and former Clinton mouthpiece used a natural disaster as an excuse to slag President Trump... who could have predicted that!?!?!

For the record, that's the only source the article provides in terms of "critics." We're now in a La-La land where a single washed up pop musician's ramblings constitute, as you put it, " people constantly harping on his mismatch in response to Florida and Texas versus PR." In other news today, an avalanche of support for Nickelback was seen today as a single listener in Poughkeepsie actually requested one of their songs be played on the radio. We've not see such an outpouring of support for something since Marc Antony began harping on Donald Trump's PR hurricane response...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Your sources are mostly left leaning.

I didn't say you had to agree with them. I said you should read them and be informed about my argument.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

This from the person who made an ignorant statement about how the President personally feels about something....You literally fabricated/guessed the President cares more about one thing over another...Something you can never prove one way or the other....

To be fair, he didn't fabricate it - he just lifted it from the usual sources. Whenever there is an anti-Trump thread on here, you just need to click on an MSM source and you'll see the exact same narrative. It's just parroting to push the propaganda.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Oh PLEASE! Seriously, just spend some time looking on your own...
Google search - Term: trump criticized puerto rico

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Well I guess you don't know what the word ignorant means.

No, no... don't sell yourself short. You've taught us a lot.

link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Yeah. That's why the thread is in the mud pit. I am speculating. Congratulations on pointing that out. Want a cookie?

link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: GuidedKill

To be fair, he didn't fabricate it - he just lifted it from the usual sources. Whenever there is an anti-Trump thread on here, you just need to click on an MSM source and you'll see the exact same narrative. It's just parroting to push the propaganda.

Even better he sourced an opinion/hit piece and passed it off as fact...Even worse.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yeah. That's why the thread is in the mud pit. I am speculating. Congratulations on pointing that out. Want a cookie?

No I would just like for ignorance to recognize ignorance....apparently something you have difficulty with.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Ignorance recognize ignorance? So you are saying you are ignorant or something? I don't think your words there mean what you had hoped they meant. I'm speculating the reason for that is you do not know what the word ignorant means.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Hmm, from what I've read they are going to help.

USNews

You act like every politician has been spending 24/7 worrying and talking about Puerto Rico and Trump is the only one that has the audacity to talk about other things right now. They're working on helping them obviously. Your source is just sensationalized to the highest order.

I posted several sources, but here is one more that shows how Trump could have been prepared to help Puerto Rico before the storm even hit.
The ‘very big ocean’ between here and Puerto Rico is not a perfect excuse for a lack of aid

So couldn’t the government have either sent supplies in advance (as it did for Texas and Florida by truck) or sent cargo after the fact that could have gotten to Puerto Rico by now?

The answer is yes and yes.

To the second question first. The ship-tracking site MarineTraffic.com provided The Washington Post with data on two ships that left the continental United States after Maria made landfall in Puerto Rico and which either have arrived or will soon arrive there. The first is a cargo ship — the truck of the sea, if you will — named Perla Del Caribe. It left Jacksonville on Sept. 22 — two days after Maria landed — and arrived in San Juan on Tuesday afternoon.

The second is a tanker, the Overseas Long Beach, which left Houston late on Sept. 21 and was to arrive late Tuesday night.

Umm, yea not gonna subscribe to Wapo. I get more informative news from my toilet paper than from there.

Well if you aren't going to inform yourself on the content of my thread, then you probably don't belong here discussing the topic lest you agree with promoting ignorance.

Haha, so now we have to subscribe to websites only you deem worthy?

I already linked a different source that destroyed your narrative, yet you didn't reply to that post conveniently. On top of that you don't even have to subscribe and enter your personal information to read it.

I also want to let you know that I will continue to discuss whatever topic I want while bored here at work.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

www.cnn.com...

It seems that there are really only two criticisms, neither very Earth shaking.
1. Trump hasn't said enough about PR on social media.
2. Trump hasn't visited the island.

Everything else, per this article, seems to indicate that the response has been appropriate and the various responder agencies have gotten all the support from the executive branch that they need to tackle this.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Hmm, from what I've read they are going to help.

USNews

You act like every politician has been spending 24/7 worrying and talking about Puerto Rico and Trump is the only one that has the audacity to talk about other things right now. They're working on helping them obviously. Your source is just sensationalized to the highest order.

I posted several sources, but here is one more that shows how Trump could have been prepared to help Puerto Rico before the storm even hit.
The ‘very big ocean’ between here and Puerto Rico is not a perfect excuse for a lack of aid

So couldn’t the government have either sent supplies in advance (as it did for Texas and Florida by truck) or sent cargo after the fact that could have gotten to Puerto Rico by now?

The answer is yes and yes.

To the second question first. The ship-tracking site MarineTraffic.com provided The Washington Post with data on two ships that left the continental United States after Maria made landfall in Puerto Rico and which either have arrived or will soon arrive there. The first is a cargo ship — the truck of the sea, if you will — named Perla Del Caribe. It left Jacksonville on Sept. 22 — two days after Maria landed — and arrived in San Juan on Tuesday afternoon.

The second is a tanker, the Overseas Long Beach, which left Houston late on Sept. 21 and was to arrive late Tuesday night.

Umm, yea not gonna subscribe to Wapo. I get more informative news from my toilet paper than from there.

Well if you aren't going to inform yourself on the content of my thread, then you probably don't belong here discussing the topic lest you agree with promoting ignorance.

Haha, so now we have to subscribe to websites only you deem worthy?

You don't have to do anything. I'm just helping you out so you don't accidentally stick your foot in your mouth over commenting on something that you didn't know was addressed in my links.

I already linked a different source that destroyed your narrative, yet you didn't reply to that post conveniently. On top of that you don't even have to subscribe and enter your personal information to read it.

Link it again. This is a fast moving thread and you guys are playing the gang up on OP game so I can't respond to everything. Though I'm trying.

I also want to let you know that I will continue to discuss whatever topic I want while bored here at work.

Do you. I was just offering suggestions. I can't help it if you insist on appearing like an idiot.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join