It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cares more about NFL football than Puerto Rico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And don't forget his weekend attacks on NBA players too. After he disinvited 2 time MVP Steph Curry on twitter, Curry's wife simply replied with a link to the page for UNESCO's Mexico Earthquake Relief fund.

twitter.com...

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Respectfully, this thread is STUPID.

Does this surprise you considering the thread's author?

link   
So does the news media apparently.

Shame on Trump I guess.

link   

I'm going to need evidence that Trump cares more about football than PR.

Please cite at least 5 sources, MLA format not just your usual hyperbole.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: thesaneone

Yawn, got anything new that hasn't been posted already?

Strangely. It wasn't posted already. So nice try.

It's been brought up plenty of times in other recent threads, anywho, this is a big nothing burger and you know it.

I see what you are really up to, your trying to be like the poster you were trying to crap on yesterday.
Lol

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

And don't forget his weekend attacks on NBA players too. After he disinvited 2 time MVP Steph Curry on twitter, Curry's wife simply replied with a link to the page for UNESCO's Mexico Earthquake Relief fund.

twitter.com...

Wonder how much the Curry's have donated...Just out of curiosity...

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Why did the Governor of Puerto Rico, last Friday, Thank Trump and FEMA for their quick and overwhelming response?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
More parroting of MSM nonsense.
Gosh - he tweeted so he can't be doing anything else.

Common sense for it to be more difficult to get supplies/resources to an island no matter how much you prepare.
edit on 27/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Google it and find out if you're so curious. lol Or just ask them since they're on twitter. I even linked to her twitter.
edit on 27-9-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Why did the Governor of Puerto Rico, last Friday, Thank Trump and FEMA for their quick and overwhelming response?

Don't listen to him - it's CNN who have the inside track.

link   

Come on man don't get off topic...This a Trump bashing thread!!

What does truth have to do with this?? Please stick to the OP...

P.S. F Trump....just staying on topic.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Obviously because the governor didn't realize Trump doesn't care. Trump's clever ruse of sending in FEMA and addressing this crisis with appropriate response levels obviously worked perfectly.

link   

a reply to: GuidedKill

Google it and find out if you're so curious. lol

I actually did and can't find anything about it or one red cent they donated....

Maybe you could shed some light on the amount as you are such a rabid fan on Mr. and Mrs. Curry and their philanthropic donations....

LINK Google Search
edit on 27-9-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Hmm, from what I've read they are going to help.

USNews

You act like every politician has been spending 24/7 worrying and talking about Puerto Rico and Trump is the only one that has the audacity to talk about other things right now. They're working on helping them obviously. Your source is just sensationalized to the highest order.

I posted several sources, but here is one more that shows how Trump could have been prepared to help Puerto Rico before the storm even hit.
The ‘very big ocean’ between here and Puerto Rico is not a perfect excuse for a lack of aid

So couldn’t the government have either sent supplies in advance (as it did for Texas and Florida by truck) or sent cargo after the fact that could have gotten to Puerto Rico by now?

The answer is yes and yes.

To the second question first. The ship-tracking site MarineTraffic.com provided The Washington Post with data on two ships that left the continental United States after Maria made landfall in Puerto Rico and which either have arrived or will soon arrive there. The first is a cargo ship — the truck of the sea, if you will — named Perla Del Caribe. It left Jacksonville on Sept. 22 — two days after Maria landed — and arrived in San Juan on Tuesday afternoon.

The second is a tanker, the Overseas Long Beach, which left Houston late on Sept. 21 and was to arrive late Tuesday night.

Umm, yea not gonna subscribe to Wapo. I get more informative news from my toilet paper than from there.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If it weren't for people constantly harping on his mismatch in response to Florida and Texas versus PR then I wouldn't need this thread, but Trump clearly cared for people in states that voted for him versus a territory that he probably didn't even know was a part of the US.

You're the first person I've heard say a damn thing about this. Who are these "constantly harping" folk you're associating yourself with?

All you have to do is make an effort to look:
Trump to visit Puerto Rico amid anger at his slow response: 'His racist neglect is threatening lives'

ETA: You, Krazysh0t, started a thread a couple of days ago about the NFL flap... Now today you get around to Puerto Rico. Tell me, why don't you care about the people of Puerto Rico? Why do you care more about the nothings taking place in the NFL than you care about people who's whole lives have been horribly impacted?

(See how that works? It's ridiculously easy to throw someone under the bus.)

I'm not the President. It isn't my job to care for the people without power, health care, or food and water.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Nice! That's how you keep priorities straight.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

USNews

You act like every politician has been spending 24/7 worrying and talking about Puerto Rico and Trump is the only one that has the audacity to talk about other things right now. They're working on helping them obviously. Your source is just sensationalized to the highest order.

I posted several sources, but here is one more that shows how Trump could have been prepared to help Puerto Rico before the storm even hit.
The ‘very big ocean’ between here and Puerto Rico is not a perfect excuse for a lack of aid

So couldn’t the government have either sent supplies in advance (as it did for Texas and Florida by truck) or sent cargo after the fact that could have gotten to Puerto Rico by now?

To the second question first. The ship-tracking site MarineTraffic.com provided The Washington Post with data on two ships that left the continental United States after Maria made landfall in Puerto Rico and which either have arrived or will soon arrive there. The first is a cargo ship — the truck of the sea, if you will — named Perla Del Caribe. It left Jacksonville on Sept. 22 — two days after Maria landed — and arrived in San Juan on Tuesday afternoon.

The second is a tanker, the Overseas Long Beach, which left Houston late on Sept. 21 and was to arrive late Tuesday night.

Umm, yea not gonna subscribe to Wapo. I get more informative news from my toilet paper than from there.

Well if you aren't going to inform yourself on the content of my thread, then you probably don't belong here discussing the topic lest you agree with promoting ignorance.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

Action didn't begin until a week after the storm hit and especially not over this past weekend. Got any excuses for Trump for that gap in response?
BS, the coast guard was already on and around PR, San Juan being much of the focus for AID and considering, again, the terrible infrastructure, many smaller towns are literally locked in and can't get out.

I'll admit and say, action has been a bit slow, but only in the sense that PR is far out there and liberal fantasies of finger snap instant teleportation aren't going to work.

Whatever the issue may be, AID IS BEING DELIVERED, the overall main point.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

USNews

Well if you aren't going to inform yourself on the content of my thread, then you probably don't belong here discussing the topic lest you agree with promoting ignorance.

What an ignorant thing to say, you are only promoting your own agenda.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Source for this claim? All I can find is this:
Puerto Rico governor “confident” President Donald Trump understands Maria’s damage on island
He DID say this on Saturday though:
Puerto Rico governor: ‘We still need some more help’ from Washington

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join