It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump cares more about NFL football than Puerto Rico

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Urban people in PR are the hand me out people that do not hold jobs.

San Juan is full of poor immigrants that most of them are undocumented.

From the neighboring Islands, living in rental homes that here in the US would be unsuitable for human habitation.

Then the calls that people have not "air conditioning" the cost of electricity is so high in PR that none of those complaining about heat can even afford to pay for a window unit to begin with.

The crap coming from the media news about PR My Island is nothing but bull crap.

Already the federal government have allocated billions for PR help is in the Island and I thank Trump for all that, but you can not fix stupid and bad government in Puerto Rico.

The corruption of the so call private sector like trash collectors and now the tankers and truckers is nothing that the news wants to talk about, recently before Irma and Maria one of the main company were fined for stealing federal money

Now the help is in the port and not truckers or private companies to come to the rescued because they are a whole bunch of crooked son of dogs, waiting for deals at the expenses of the people.

The misinformation coming from people here in the US that have no idea what in the hell is going on in PR is just very uneducated.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: marg6043

Yeah, it's the "news's" fault.

Jesus Christ on a F-ing Crutch.

No is Trumps fault you are a joke.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
I stand by my words and by my position. I see a lot of right wingers who claim to be patriotic and claim to love the flag (even though they disrespect the flag based on US Flag Code - HERE), yet they hesitated to help their fellow Americans in Puerto Rico, as if a flag is more important than actual people. I see a lot on the "Christian" right who claim the Left is waging a war on Christians and Christmas, yet they had to pressured by the media to help their own "fellow" Christians in Puerto Rico.

The pressure was needless and, truth be told, came after proper action had been taken. Oh, and if you're standing by your words, then by God I'm gonna take a knee by them because they represent bullsnip.

Being glad that Americans got crushed by a hurricane so they can possibly get sympathy funds is both repulsive and unpatriotic to me, mno matter what anyone else says.

I saw nobody glad that Puerto Ricans got crushed. I saw a statement which, if you wipe away the faux outrage spittle, isn't far from the truth... Puerto Rico is stone cold broke and the DC machine hasn't been looking to rescue them or grant them statehood. A disaster like this will almost certainly be the catalyst which leads to Congress rescuing, to some degree, PR's economy and may very well be the event that moves statehood forward when all is said and done. In that regard, the hurricane may ultimately be the best thing that ever happened to the island, itself, at least where their future is concerned.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thank you, the best thing to come out from this terrible disaster is that the infrastructure will be fixed from the ground up with federal help.

So far since Hugo PR has gotten down the hill due in part to waste, abuse and bankruptcy.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

" Trump cares more about NFL football than Puerto Rico "

According to Who ? A Misinformed You ?

Puerto Rico Gov. Rossello ‘Very Grateful’ to Pres. Trump, Praises Federal Govt Response to Hurricane Maria

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The unhinged left media needs to create controversy to justify their pathetic existence.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

1.6 million missing from relief funds after Hugo and it has never gotten better.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Metallicus

So visiting PR a week+ after the disaster is a good move on his part, in your opinion?

Any sooner and you'd complain he was getting in the way and diverting precious resources to his motorcade/protection.

Can't have it both ways, but damn if the left doesn't try.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
If it weren't for people constantly harping on his mismatch in response to Florida and Texas versus PR then I wouldn't need this thread, but Trump clearly cared for people in states that voted for him versus a territory that he probably didn't even know was a part of the US.

You're the first person I've heard say a damn thing about this. Who are these "constantly harping" folk you're associating yourself with?

ETA: You, Krazysh0t, started a thread a couple of days ago about the NFL flap... Now today you get around to Puerto Rico. Tell me, why don't you care about the people of Puerto Rico? Why do you care more about the nothings taking place in the NFL than you care about people who's whole lives have been horribly impacted?

(See how that works? It's ridiculously easy to throw someone under the bus.)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
As usual, the right wing cultists on this board are completely disconnected with reality.

Here's the reality. It took Emperor Snowflake and his swamp bandits 7-8 days to lift the Jones Act which they prevented from being lifted a few days ago.

Meanwhile, the entire island lacks power, and half of the 3+ million (that is about the size of LA City) that do not have access to water and most are without power.

The roads are filled with debris and trucks (those with gas) cannot get through them. You need back-hoes to clear out the streets.

Looting and crime is starting to take over there because people have become that desperate.

Meanwhile there are supplies reaching the ports, but they can't do anything with them because there is not enough logistics related equipment and materials to get the supplies to the people.

The fact that things are being decided now only spells doom for PR. It will take another 3-4 days before those people, supplies, and equipment to reach the island.

This is an unmitigated disaster and requires ALL HANDS ON DECK. Meanwhile, Trump is tweeting sh it about the NFL. F the NFL right now. Lots of American citizens are going to die soon if help doesn't get to them immediately.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

There are 17,000 soldiers and aid workers in PR right now, with ships waiting at the ports to offload supplies. It's not going to be fixed overnight, it's going to take some time

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

And the media doesn't tell that PR government is still blaming the poor infrastructure to Hugo and financial problems.

I was there last December and I can tell you PR is a small Island with too many people living in urban areas.

The traffic is insane and the only roads that resemble something of a "good road" is the toll roads.

Because now in PR to go anywhere you have to pay to drive in a road with less holes, because one governor at some time rented the newer roads to private companies and they still don't keep them in good shape.

edit on 28-9-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
That's the problem. The clock was ticking before the hurricane hit. Knowing that this was a massive disaster moving in slow motion, Emperor Snowflake did next to nothing except to tweet out some BS about PR's debt. Seriously...........how incompetent does he have to be before the cultists realize it?!?!? And, don't BS me with the 17,000 troops; most of them just arrive or are in the process of arriving. They are not set up yet; something they should have been doing several days ago.

Again, it will take a few more days before construction equipment and more fuel arrives. It will take several more days to clear the stuff off the roads and get to the interior of the islands. By that time, who knows what the state will be of those people that have not had water/food for 3-4 weeks. This is an absolute disaster caused by yet again, Right Wing incompetence.....this time it will be worse than Katrina.

In the meanwhile, your Orange Monkey will continue to tweet about the NFL. Nice.

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

There are 17,000 soldiers and aid workers in PR right now, with ships waiting at the ports to offload supplies. It's not going to be fixed overnight, it's going to take some time

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
That's the problem. The clock was ticking before the hurricane hit. Knowing that this was a massive disaster moving in slow motion, Emperor Snowflake did next to nothing except to tweet out some BS about PR's debt. Seriously...........how incompetent does he have to be before the cultists realize it?!?!? And, don't BS me with the 17,000 troops; most of them just arrive or are in the process of arriving. They are not set up yet; something they should have been doing several days ago.

Again, it will take a few more days before construction equipment and more fuel arrives. It will take several more days to clear the stuff off the roads and get to the interior of the islands. By that time, who knows what the state will be of those people that have not had water/food for 3-4 weeks. This is an absolute disaster caused by yet again, Right Wing incompetence.....this time it will be worse than Katrina.

In the meanwhile, your Orange Monkey will continue to tweet about the NFL. Nice.

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose

Feelings hurt over fake news? Hmm...might wanna read the thread before you come in insulting everyone over nonsense. Truth be told PR is very happy with the quick assistance from the Trump admin. But hey who am I to tell someone to pull their head outta their ass. Believe what you want, but it doesn’t negate the truth.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I’ve seen countless times people saying Trump isn’t doing his job regarding PR because he tweeted about the NFL. That’s equivalent to you losing your job because you spent a couple minutes posting on ATS in your own time...utter ridiculousness.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Trump is not the head of that government.

FFS, he is a head of state to PR.

There is already tons of aid in PR, they havent distributed it like others have said.

Thats on them. Puerto Rico is still another country. We cant FORCE anything on them, like going to work and getting roads ready for services.

edit on 9 29 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
We spend more time discussing fault then solutions.

I'd go further and say that the radical leftists want to spend more time discussing manufactured fault than worrying about the truth OR solutions. They have only one goal and that is to bash Trump. I hope they are not foolish enough to think it is not obvious.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

by what I read, there are thousands of shipping containers sitting in the harbors waiting to be distributed.
they just can't get it anywhere.
could it be that the truckers aren't coming for the contents because the roads are blocked by debris?
do we really need trucks to get the necessities of life to the people that need it? did we really need the ports functional before we started getting at least some water to the people or deliver a generator and fuel to a hospital, or evacuate the seriously ill from that hospital?
we have an amphibious naval fleet that is capable of landing an invading force anywhere in the world, that same navy has a fleet of aircraft capable of airdropping tanks!! they didn't need the ports or trucks, or roads. and the only reason I can think of that maybe, just maybe they couldn't send that help before now is that they were worried about the hurricanes out in the seas. but then, if they were truly worried about that... the USS Comfort wouldn't have been sitting at Norfolk as Maria was just off the coast at the North Carolina. Virginia border. the ships would have been sent out to sea.

the most insane thing I've heard was that they want the mayors of the many cities and villages to travel to the Convention Center in the capital city to officially request assistance.

compare the US response in puerto rico to how they responded to the haitian earthquake and come back and tell me how this is simply a problem of corruption in the island's population.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'll agree that maybe the hurricanes delayed the response but I also see the possibility that trump and gang were busy seeing dollar signs planning turning you lovely island into a nice little resort for the rich and famous or something.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Trump is not the head of that government.

FFS, he is a head of state to PR.

There is already tons of aid in PR, they havent distributed it like others have said.

Thats on them. Puerto Rico is still another country. We cant FORCE anything on them, like going to work and getting roads ready for services.

Oh I’m fully aware

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
puerto rico is not another country!!
and, if it's not part of the US, why is our gov't interfering with their ability to receive shipments from non-US flagged ships??
haiti was another country, and it seems that so far, we've responded to their crisis when the 2010 earthquake hit far faster than we are now, and they didn't have any kind of interference when it came to getting aide from the many other countries that stepped in to help!!!

and, I am sure that if we airdropped some water and food to the rural areas of the country, the people wouldn't feel that we were forcing them to accept it!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join