It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFl ratings increase by 3 percent over 2016 in Week 3.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't even own a TV, but I liked to go the sports bar have some hot wings and beer with my friends to watch the game. We didn't affect the ratings in the first place. The last time I went there were a few arguments in the bar over it that were distracting. I am skipping the season from now on. Bringing politics to entertainment venue is a real downer it is not worth it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Clearly you don't know how TV ratings work. The Nielsen rating does take into account people that changed the channel or turned off the TV completely.

One of the best examples of how this can shift a programs rating occurred on January 4,1999 when 600,000 viewers changed the channel from WCW Nitro to WWF Raw. Even though many of them switched back to Nitro for the final five minutes the time those 600,000 spent watching Raw gave it the win for the week with a rating of 5.7 compared to Nitro's 5.0.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: the owlbear
Meanwhile, the US Virgin Islands and the US Territory Puerto Rico have been DECIMATED.
With National Guard from Alaska being deployed to the Florida Keys, no one is left.

Except our enlisted boys...
And there are quite a few with skill training enough to help out.

This is the time for the US to put up or shut up when it comes to Puerto Rico and statehood.

It looks like shut up. Maybe they'll be part of a larger Cuba.

How does this connect with the thread?
The big orange Muppet is making you all look in one direction...and you're fighting amongst yourselves while he has no solution to a BIGLY BIGLY PROBLEM.

Did you make a thread about that? I will flag it if you do.

No. But news coming out of Puerto Rico is few and far between. Even worse with the U.S. Virgin Islands.

I have no first hand or second hand accounts I can post as an original thread.
That should say something. Since both places ARE USA. USA. USA..USA..

The Orange king has said nothing but YOURE FIRED!!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

You do bring up a good point. Most of the people saying they're boycotting the NFL aren't actually going to have an effect. If you don't have a NIelsen box then you're not affecting the ratings one way or another.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Clearly you don't know how TV ratings work. The Nielsen rating does take into account people that changed the channel or turned off the TV completely.

One of the best examples of how this can shift a programs rating occurred on January 4,1999 when 600,000 viewers changed the channel from WCW Nitro to WWF Raw. Even though many of them switched back to Nitro for the final five minutes the time those 600,000 spent watching Raw gave it the win for the week with a rating of 5.7 compared to Nitro's 5.0.

But they were going up against the craziest election of all time. Everyone was watching that not football.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: the owlbear

You didn't hear? There is a big ocean between us and Puerto Rico. That's why we can't help them. I mean it's not like we have history crossing that ocean or anything.

Hmm maybe you should be making threads about that instead of NFL players kneeling ? I will come flag it lets get ATS back.

Ask and you shall receive.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: intrepid

I think this is a fatal wound for the NFL. It may take awhile to fester and spread, but it will.

Maybe it is time for soccer to take over...

It could also just as likely be a fatal wound for the popularity of tRump. Sen Joe McCarthy was immensely popular until he took on another more popular entity, the US military. He then crashed, was censured by the Senate, and died soon thereafter as a broken alcoholic. DJT has never learned to intelligently pick his battles.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

this is really still around

I thought info like this was easy to gather by now

is the nelson box for broadcast only ?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
LOL you actually believe something that USA Today says? That's pretty funny.

P.S. ⚽
edit on 27-9-2017 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I think people are tuning in right now out of curiosity to see who is standing and who is taking a knee.

But, after the curiosity wears off, I see viewership and support for the NFL waning Big League. We'll see. I am already hearing from friends that they will no longer watch pro football. It's over...dead...or dying.

Yeah, believe it or not my wife was a huge fan of football, she loved the 49ers. I also was a huge fan of football. I won't even tell you what team I used to like it's a bit embarrassing LOL.

But I will tell you this, Since switching to English soccer, Spanish and German soccer, even Italian soccer, and European soccer, it has been amazing. The sports have plenty of controversy yet still have lots of integrity. They also aren't closed circuit Sports like the NFL where there is no penalty for sucking. In all of the above I mentioned, if you suck, you literally get kicked out of the league, it's called replication. And teams from lower leagues get to compete for promotion to the upper tiers. It's intense, it's amazing, And there's a reason the entire planet loves the sport and the NFL is only popular here. Because only in America could have scam like this actually work. Or should I say worked? Past tense.

NFL. No Fun League.

We literally can't stand watching the NFL anymore. All it is is a bunch of commercials with a game in between. It's like watching paint dry compared to the 90-plus straight minutes of pure nail biting tension and action that is soccer.

edit on 27-9-2017 by gernblan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

That has nothing to do with Andy's post. He said that it doesn't matter if you watch one minute or the whole game it contributes the same to the rating. Which is patently false.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: homers1226

Yep. Still around. You would think in this day and age with Smart TVs and what not they would have a better system. But sponsors still base where their money goes off of Nielsen box families.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join