It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFl ratings increase by 3 percent over 2016 in Week 3.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Meanwhile, the US Virgin Islands and the US Territory Puerto Rico have been DECIMATED.
With National Guard from Alaska being deployed to the Florida Keys, no one is left.

Except our enlisted boys...
And there are quite a few with skill training enough to help out.

This is the time for the US to put up or shut up when it comes to Puerto Rico and statehood.

It looks like shut up. Maybe they'll be part of a larger Cuba.

How does this connect with the thread?
The big orange Muppet is making you all look in one direction...and you're fighting amongst yourselves while he has no solution to a BIGLY BIGLY PROBLEM.
edit on 27-9-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

And, notsure1 is correct: the real question is what happens this coming weekend. If viewership is noticeably down, then damn sure people are tuning off the game.

And if it isn't will it be week 5?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

pfft

soccer ?

really ?

maybe in a 100 years in US

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Don't bother. I tried. No one wants to discuss things that actually matter. They just want confrontation. When in Rome(for me) I guess.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

You didn't hear? There is a big ocean between us and Puerto Rico. That's why we can't help them. I mean it's not like we have history crossing that ocean or anything.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You didn't hear? There is a big ocean between us and Puerto Rico. That's why we can't help them. I mean it's not like we have history crossing that ocean or anything.

If it wasn't such a calamity, I would be passing out laughing right now.
But there is thiswhy?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: homers1226

It makes complete sense that it's seeing an increase in popularity. Thanks to the fact that there are pretty much no breaks for commercials it translates really well in to online streaming. A medium that more and more people are turning to for sports. Football on the other hand continues to add more and more commercial timeouts. A fact that makes viewing online awkward.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The NFL's protest, I'm talking about the entire entity not just participating players, has caused me to make a couple buying decisions. Where I work I'm able to wear a team jersey/sweater on Sundays instead of normal uniform. Don't think I'm going to buy one this year, and just wear normal uniform. Also, I have a CD maturing with USAA next week. Given USAA's advertising and sponsorships with the NFL, I'll be letting them know that the reason I'm moving that money to my other bank is their continued business relationship with the NFL. Small impact, I know, but I've let everyone on my social networks know what and why I'm doing it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
So basically this whole protest of the protest has resulted in more fans tuning into games this year.

www.usatoday.com...

Pretty obvious that those making all the noise are a huge minority in this great country of ours.

From the article.....

"Last year’s Week 3 Monday Night Football game went head-to-head with a presidential debate." You always have to read the fine print...

Considering the attention that debate had, if the real number is 3%, that's particularly bad.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: notsure1
I watched last week I wont be watching this week. This is the week that will matter.

Got any predictions on a Nibiru collision as well?

For someone who used to be a moderator here, you sure ask uneducated questions.

Dorian Soran

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
Meanwhile, the US Virgin Islands and the US Territory Puerto Rico have been DECIMATED.
With National Guard from Alaska being deployed to the Florida Keys, no one is left.

Except our enlisted boys...
And there are quite a few with skill training enough to help out.

This is the time for the US to put up or shut up when it comes to Puerto Rico and statehood.

It looks like shut up. Maybe they'll be part of a larger Cuba.

How does this connect with the thread?
The big orange Muppet is making you all look in one direction...and you're fighting amongst yourselves while he has no solution to a BIGLY BIGLY PROBLEM.

Did you make a thread about that? I will flag it if you do.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

And, notsure1 is correct: the real question is what happens this coming weekend. If viewership is noticeably down, then damn sure people are tuning off the game.

You don't understand how TV ratings work. People who tuned in last weekend, were offended, and turned off the game still count as having viewed the game. The question is whether they'll bother to watch this coming weekend, and in weeks to come.

Also of valid question is how many of those people in Boston and Dallas who were booing their own teams will stay home next week.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Hmm maybe you should be making threads about that instead of NFL players kneeling ? I will come flag it lets get ATS back.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DorianSoran

originally posted by: notsure1
I watched last week I wont be watching this week. This is the week that will matter.

Got any predictions on a Nibiru collision as well?

For someone who used to be a moderator here, you sure ask uneducated questions.

Dorian Soran

Not my fault if you can't discern the meaning of failed predictions.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You don't understand how TV ratings work. People who tuned in last weekend, were offended, and turned off the game still count as having viewed the game. The question is whether they'll bother to watch this coming weekend, and in weeks to come.

Also of valid question is how many of those people in Boston and Dallas who were booing their own teams will stay home next week.

I actually want to tune in just to see if people are in the stands. Quite the pickle lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
the walking dead starts in 3 weeks

going against sunday night football

I'm pretty sure the walking dead beat snf a few times last year

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

To be honest, I'm surprised one hasn't been made about that topic. Mostly I let others make threads about Trump these days and just join in on the fun when I feel like it, though maybe I should make that thread. We should be talking about why Trump is giving excuses on dropping the ball about helping PR.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The NFL has become..

People watched to see the mess that is the NFL.

Who's gonna kneel, who's not going to come out for the anthem.

The NFL, as a league, and it's players tipped their hand.

When the protests are now what dominates the NFL news, on MSM, and ESPN and not it's teams records, stats, or how well players are doing, it's off the rails.

Time will tell after this weekend where the ratings go.

They may go up, they may crash.

While the ratings rose 3% percent, attendance keeps going down.

All this mess will damage the NFL, and long term it will always exist, but wont be looked at, as it was.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This, like every other issue here, will never be resolved, because neither "side" of this issue will admit that they are wrong.

And stupid.

So I'm going to take a knee on this topic since I've said about all I can say about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join