It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFl ratings increase by 3 percent over 2016 in Week 3.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
So basically this whole protest of the protest has resulted in more fans tuning into games this year.

www.usatoday.com...

Pretty obvious that those making all the noise are a huge minority in this great country of ours.
edit on 27-9-2017 by sligtlyskeptical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
how does this impacts anyone's life?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Don't know about you or anyone else, but it makes me yawn uncontrollably and frequently.

edit on 27-9-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I think people are tuning in right now out of curiosity to see who is standing and who is taking a knee.

But, after the curiosity wears off, I see viewership and support for the NFL waning Big League. We'll see. I am already hearing from friends that they will no longer watch pro football. It's over...dead...or dying.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I haven't watched tv in almost a decade, and I never could sit and watch sports.

Amazing to see how many simple-minded weekend warriors can lose their mind over a game.

Really does make me worry about the world.

However, disrespecting those who gave their lives for this country by disrespecting the flag and anthem should be a prison sentence, or perhaps a loss of a year worth of wages after all the people who gave their lives for their freedom to be disrespectful were making pennies on the dollar compares to these overly-privileged athletes.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Well it's going to make those here saying the protest is the league's demise go:

Trump inflames situation...protest increases.
Whiners complain... numbers go up. They learned from the best. Bwahahahaha....

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

I think people are tuning in right now out of curiosity to see who is standing and who is taking a knee.

But, after the curiosity wears off, I see viewership and support for the NFL waning Big League. We'll see. I am already hearing from friends that they will no longer watch pro football. It's over...dead...or dying.

Yeah we heard that before and then the numbers came out.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Yeah we heard that before too...ad nauseum. Care to discuss the rise in viewership?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Cygnis

Yeah we heard that before too...ad nauseum. Care to discuss the rise in viewership?

Simple -

You yell "fire!", people are gonna look.

If it bleeds, it leads.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

We will see this time, intrepid.

People I thought would never give up watching NFL football are DONE with it.....everything. And I don't think it is temporary. I think this is a fatal wound for the NFL. It may take awhile to fester and spread, but it will.

Maybe it is time for soccer to take over...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The NFL will never die and I will never stop watching games.
And there have been plenty of times when I said I will never watch the Detroit Lions again just because they sucked so bad and I still watch after being tortured by them for years LOL
I will just tune in 2 minutes after the game starts so I don't have to watch the idiots take a knee or whatever.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Most of those people are being melodramatic. If they are even following through with their words, it will only be temporary.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Pretty much within the standard deviation, I'm guessing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. It certainly doesn't prove viewership is up due to the protest element, IMO. The same percentage could be attributed to lowered testosterone, aging of the target audience, or exceptionally rainy weather with hurricane season, combined with lost work hours in Texas and Florida.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Funny how that goes. Trump says the NYT is dying and yet their circulation has increased. People say that Maddow's report on Trump's tax return will be the end of her. Ever since she has been #1 in the ratings. And now this NFL thing.

It's almost like those on the Right have no idea what they're talking about.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
LOL you guys are funny.. We wont know anything until this weeks games. How is this even relevant right now?
edit on 27-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

To be fair soccer has and will continue to see a rise in popularity. But it has nothing to do with protests or anything. It's because its model is better designed for the modern era.

Stopping every few seconds for a commercial break doesn't play out well for all the people watching online. Constant action does.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I watched last week I wont be watching this week. This is the week that will matter.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
I watched last week I wont be watching this week. This is the week that will matter.

Got any predictions on a Nibiru collision as well?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: notsure1

Got any predictions on a Nibiru collision as well?

I dont really know either way about the NFL I am curious. But this is the week that will matter it was last week all this happened.

E xtinction L evel E vent N ibiru I s N ear.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
From your own source, the very first paragraph:

Television ratings for the NFL’s Week 3 games were up 3% across all games from 2016, including a spike of 63% in the rating for Monday Night Football, the league announced Tuesday morning.

Last year’s Week 3 Monday Night Football game went head-to-head with a presidential debate.

So there's your answer. Monday Night Football saved the week, but only because last year's game was a ratings dud. Overall for the season, NFL viewership is down 11%.

And, notsure1 is correct: the real question is what happens this coming weekend. If viewership is noticeably down, then damn sure people are tuning off the game.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join