It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigration Is Costing This Country Billions; Taxpayers Getting Clobbered

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If you, or your family want to enter the United States legally, I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with illegal immigrants, because taxpayers, including myself are responsible for the huge fiscal costs of the illegal alien population. I'm a retired, middle class citizen who has seen his monthly pension check reduced by 29%, yet I'm still reponsible to pay my State and Federal taxes, which seems to increase every year. Why should I be on the hook for people who don't belong in my country in the first place? Why doesn't main stream media present THE FACTS, instead of acting like a propaganda machine for illegal immigration? They spew utter nonsense on how illegals pay taxes too and contribute to the economy with their consumer purchases.
The following content is from the September, 2017 report published by FAIR (Federation For American Immigration Reform):
fairus.org...

Illegal aliens are net consumers of taxpayer-funded services and the limited taxes paid by some segments of the illegal alien population are, in no way, significant enough to offset the growing financial burdens imposed on U.S. taxpayers by massive numbers of uninvited guests.

Because the vast majority of illegal aliens hold low-paying jobs, those who are subject to wage deductions actually wind up receiving a complete refund of all taxes paid, plus net payments made on the basis of tax credits. As a result, illegal aliens actually profit from filing a tax return and, therefore, have a strong interest in doing so.

the large percentage of illegal aliens who work in the underground economy frequently avoid paying any income tax at all. (Many actually receive a net cash profit through refundable tax credit programs.)

So, what is the actual fiscal burden that the United States and it's taxpayers have to shoulder? You rarely get this information on mainstream news outlets. Struggling middle class citizens, like myself, who complain about illegal immigration, are considered "xenophobes" or Trump "facists" who are against migrants from entering our country. Not really. I could care less who enters our country, as long as they're not a terrorist and have entered legally. My beef, is that now I have to get a part-time job since my pension has been reduced and I've got two kids in college that I'm helping financially. My taxes are SUPPORTING ILLEGALS...this is what I'm against. Who's watching out for middle class retirees struggling to keep their homes, or paying for their medications? Is the Federal government helping us? They sure spend a ton on Illegal immigrants!

At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens. That amounts to a tax burden of approximately $8,075 per illegal alien family member and a total of $115,894,597,664. The total cost of illegal immigration to U.S. taxpayers is both staggering and crippling. In 2013, FAIR estimated the total cost to be approximately $113 billion. So, in under four years, the cost has risen nearly $3 billion. This is a disturbing and unsustainable trend.

The Federal government spends a net amount of $45.8 billion on illegal aliens and their U.S.-born children. This amount includes expenditures for public education, medical care, justice enforcement initiatives, welfare programs and other miscellaneous costs. It also factors in the meager amount illegal aliens pay to the federal government in income, social security, Medicare and excise taxes.

every concerned American citizen should be asking our government why, in a time of increasing costs and shrinking resources, is it spending such large amounts of money on individuals who have no right, nor authorization, to be in the United States? This is an especially important question in view of the fact that the illegal alien beneficiaries of American taxpayer largess offset very little of the enormous costs of their presence by the payment of taxes.

No wonder my State and Local taxes seem to increase every year:

The combined total of state and local government general expenditures on illegal aliens is $18,571,428,571 billion. The services referenced in this section are supported directly by the payment of city and state taxes and related fees. At the state level, examples of general expenditures would be the costs of general governance, fire departments, garbage collection, street cleaning and maintenance, etc.

Offsetting the fiscal costs of the illegal alien population are the taxes collected from them at the state and local level. Many proponents of illegal immigration argue that the taxes paid to the states render illegal aliens a net boon to state and local economies. However, this is a spurious argument. Evidence shows that the tax payments made by illegal aliens fail to cover the costs of the many services they consume.

My concern, is that many Americans are being duped by what they read and view on the media these days. People wonder why the middle class is shrinking in America. I believe that illegal immigration is one of the reasons.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just shut up and pay your taxes racist! Dont you know, dreamers are far more important than you.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
In places like California, the liberals thought it was only fair that CEO's should be made to pay 50% of their salaries to be taxes. To compensate they increase their salaries. Then when taxes when up even further, they relocated out of state. So California had to find the funds from elsewhere and moved down the financial pyramid onto directors and managers. Same outcome. So they tried taxing the working class and retirees. They too left.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Three words: "Because they can"

Who can really blame them for the irresistible opportunity?

Change those three words and resolve the issue.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Why should I be on the hook for people who don't belong in my country in the first place?

You don't have to be. Your founding fathers started a revolution. What are you willing to do?

By the way, illegals add to the GDP. Did those numbers get figured into the maths?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Does anyone really believe you're ever going to pay less taxes?

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but taxes are a one way street. If every illegal immigrant magically vanished from the United States your taxes wouldn't drop a dime, they'd just go toward something else.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but taxes are a one way street. If every illegal immigrant magically vanished from the United States your taxes wouldn't drop a dime, they'd just go toward something else.

I can live with that.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
Never heard of FAIR before, but this is what popped up when I googled them. Also, google auto filled in the search Federation for American Immigration Reform with "racist" at the end.
How Do We Know FAIR is a Hate Group?

First, a quick factual correction. FAIR doesn’t “just” research “the facts” about immigration policy. It is a lobbying organization. This is no secret. On its own website, under “Our Objectives,” FAIR said it seeks “to influence public policy directly by lobbying (to the extent permitted by our tax status) and by protecting the citizens' rights in the courts.” Its “mission,” in part, is to “advocate immigration policies that will best serve American environmental, societal, and economic interests today and into the future.”

So there’s that.

And then there’s the “facts” FAIR puts out there, the alleged “truth” that, you say, is so disliked by the “other side.”

Sometimes FAIR’s “facts” are true. More often, they’re debatable, culled as they are from dubious sources like FAIR’s sister organization, the Center for Immigration Studies.

The bottom line is, FAIR doesn’t peddle facts; it peddles hate. Its lobbying and legal efforts – such as the campaign that led to Arizona’s SB 1070 and Alabama’s HB 56 – are based on fomenting fear, on exploiting racial tensions and economic anxieties to convince people that they had better not let any more “aliens” into their country.

FAIR founder John Tanton, a man with a lengthy record of friendly correspondence with Holocaust deniers, a former Klan lawyer and leading white nationalist thinkers, has repeatedly suggested that racial conflict will be the outcome of immigration. In 1998, he told a reporter that whites would inevitably develop a racial consciousness because “most people don't want to disappear into the dustbin of history,” and added that once whites did become racially conscious, the result would be “the war of each against all.”

OP, I'm going to take your article you posted with a HUGE grain of salt.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I can live with that.

Right on.

At least you aren't trying to hide your disdain for illegal immigrants behind some economic BS.

Star for being honest.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Think that's the point. We already have hungry and homeless legal citizens here in the U.S. We should take care of them before worrying about people here to exploit our system illegally.

link   
The taxpayer is getting clobbered? Who is paying a higher rate of taxes to pay for this? That's right no one. The fed simply buys the bonds so we can print more money and will continue doing so for the foreseeable future.. No one will ever pay for it.

link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Why should I be on the hook for people who don't belong in my country in the first place?

You don't have to be. Your founding fathers started a revolution. What are you willing to do?

By the way, illegals add to the GDP. Did those numbers get figured into the maths?

I'd be willing to do a lot more to enact change if it didn't mean going to prison- or being shot on the spot.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Actually if the illegals disappeared from the country, our tax revenue would decrease since illegals pay a lot in taxes, the biased article in the OP notwithstanding. And illegals paying into things like SS works out that they can't make a claim so it is a purely uni-directional flow of money.
Why undocumented immigrants pay taxes
How much do undocumented immigrants pay in taxes?

Kumar said, "Undocumented immigrants pay $12 billion of taxes every single year."

A left-leaning research organization estimated that undocumented immigrants paid about $12 billion in total taxes in 2010, while a conservative think tank pegged it at $17.6 billion.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

So, what is the actual fiscal burden that the United States and it's taxpayers have to shoulder?
That is a good question. I would like to point out that the information from your linked source is quite inaccurate, I hope this finds you some peace as things are not as bad as your link purports.

FAIR Inflates the Costs Which Unauthorized Immigrants Impose on Federal, State, and Local Governments

More Than Half of FAIR’s Cost Estimate Consists of Education and Healthcare for Children—Nearly Three-Quarters of Whom are Native-Born U.S. Citizens
Statistical Hot Air: FAIR’s USA Report Lacks Credibility

I am with you on legal immigration yet I would like to point out the difficulty for some to become legal citizens of the United States. Any persons here illegally cannot apply, that includes DACA's. They would have to leave this country and become a citizen of Mexico (or perhaps Belize would be easier) for maybe up to a year and then apply to be a US citizen. What are the statistics for a person to apply and be granted citizenship in such a manner?

My beef, is that now I have to get a part-time job since my pension has been reduced
I honestly feel for you here! I have seen many in my life lose part or all of their pensions and are forced to go back to work at age 65+. You've worked for 30+ years and have a contract your employer signed for a pension that is now no longer valid? This truly breaks my heart yet I don't see the relevance towards illegals.

My concern, is that many Americans are being duped by what they read and view on the media these days.
I agree with you here but probably not in the way you might think, or at least not in the premise of your OP.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

How does somebody without a social security number pay federal taxes?
I don't have a tax form in front of me but I'm pretty sure there is a spot for your ssn on the front page.
What do employers put in that box?
Color me confused

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

It wouldn't decrease because their impact on our healthcare system is outrageous. Conservative estimates put it at 12B almost a decade ago. Nice try though.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They use other people's socials. I see it all the time.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

How does somebody without a social security number pay federal taxes?
I don't have a tax form in front of me but I'm pretty sure there is a spot for your ssn on the front page.
What do employers put in that box?
Color me confused

So you've never heard of a fake id before?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Says who? The biased OP source? I need better figures than that tripe.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Now they aren't using those things to vote are they?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join