It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House is restricting lawmakers from visiting Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands,

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

www.washingtonpost.com...< br />

Good point. The history of the USVI includes terrorism already, at least on St. Croix. All the more reason to make it good this time.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Puerto Rico does not need to be politicized and that is what they are preventing. Liberals would swoop down and blame the present administration for everything that has occurred there. They are great at spreading disinformation. a reply to: Namdru

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

Another lie, right now I have seen no politicians going on rescue missions inside the Island but teams from many states in the US.

Many paid by family members in the US to find families in the Island.

Is not the Capital of PR San Juan that is in need is the inner Island where many people due to rivers over flow has damage bridges and roads.

Is plenty of air patrols looking for people that needs medical help as that is the only way to reach them.

We don't need law makers going around looking at destruction, we need medical personnel and rescue crews helping people and that is what is going on right now

More Washington post crap.

And on this one I am 100% of how the crap is spinning when it comes to my Island disaster.

Washington post have not decency they are politicking my Islands disaster.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

I am so happy to know this. TY

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Good to see you, what I know personally:

My Sons GF is a student at MSU Westplains, her Prof headed out asap to go find her family. Am waiting on word, am Praying and sending positive thoughts, she to my knowledge is not a prepper or survivalist, just a family member who is determined to help her family.

My concerns are for her basic needs, and flights, car rentals and gas if you can even get a rental, doubtful, she probably left with CC and if she did take a load of cash, the looters...

Yeah, Im on pins and needles for her... oh her Prof teaches something to do with surgery...
edit on pm930pmThu, 28 Sep 2017 13:28:24 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
A friend said powers on at about 20% of the island and every 20% is going to take longer than the previous. Total power will be by spring. The plus side it will be all new.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Families in the inside of the Island are ok, cut off from the rest of the Island but surviving as very clear this morning in the news they have an NBC reporter with a group of rescue crew from NY reaching to one family in Utuado by their son.

The family home is like many houses in the inner part of the Island build in hills, the family was fine and they decided to remain in their home only the sister and daughter left with the crew.

The news are painting a big hoopla picture of people starving and dying and that is not true, I get sick and tired of what is presented in the news when I know my Island and I know what goes on.

Is not way rental cars or any car can got inside the Island, only by helicopter and equipped rescue crews can be assessed. That is the way the Island topography is in many areas.

That is how people like to live away from metropolitan areas and close to nature, they have what they need, clean water from the mountains and food that is either grown or raise in the backyards.

PR is not like US only places like San Juan resembles modern cities.

I am sure that your son Professor will be able to join a rescue crew and find his family, I hope they are all well and in good health.

When I was growing up in PR that is the way my fathers family used to live, my father had to park on the main road and we had to go on foot a few miles up hills to reach their homes

People in the US just don't understand the Island way of living.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Yes is about time that the power grip is fixed and replaced, I hope they fix the old power plant and build new ones.

PR only have two main power plants and one is not even working for the last 10 years.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Thank you, got a full visual as i read your post. Hope youll have much more to share as time goes on, prayers and positive thoughts to all in PR right now

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Thank you, I hope my brother gets in touch with me soon, we were able to talk up to last Wednesday, but then I have not heard from him since then.

He was able to move around from Fajardo in the east coast to the northern east where my parents live in Rio Grande, so the roads were passable after the debris were cleared out but not the power lines.

My sister had to spend the hurricane at the Centro Medico one of the big hospitals closes to the metropolitan area and the hospital was working and had electricity due to emergency power supply and generators, she spend three days there at least as last Wednesday due to her job as essential personnel.

My brother works in San Juan in one of the government agencies he kept me informed on all that goes on with the government and the Island.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I'm glad to see Trump has the brains to understand that PR needs more than the same old same old right now. I've never been there, but I have been watching the coverage. It looks like the whole area is destroyed.

People just can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea of total destruction. No water, no food, no gas, no medicine... and no roads to get them in there on. The only way they can get these goods to the citizens is via chopper, and that's a slow and time-consuming operation, in an area where some people are out of time to consume.

Houston? Yes, devastated, but FEMA could park outside the flood zone and drive in as the water retreated. People could use boats to help, and those boats could be brought in by private vehicles on roads. Florida? About the same, just covering a wider area. PR? There's no bridge between them and the mainland... no one can bring in private boats to get around in, and all the local boats are destroyed. Tanker ships can bring in gas to the ports, but the ports are destroyed, and even if they can unload, there are no roads to transport it anywhere else. These folks are hurting, and they're hurting bad. They need the military helping as fast as they can, not some stuffed shirt with a neck tourniquet
walking around with an entourage going, "Oh! It's terrible!" The people there already know that.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

We don't need law makers going around looking at destruction, we need medical personnel and rescue crews helping people and that is what is going on right now

Agreed! If I could help personally I would. I am sending all prayers. And hoping some politicians are shocked enough to further expedite the rescues and relief efforts.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
People just can't seem to wrap their heads around the idea of total destruction. No water, no food, no gas, no medicine... and no roads to get them in there on. The only way they can get these goods to the citizens is via chopper, and that's a slow and time-consuming operation, in an area where some people are out of time to consume.

This is a big part of it. Most people just can't grasp the logistical problems involved here. The fact that these are islands makes everything harder.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

HI Redneck, and you are no stranger to disaster...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Hi antar. Nice to see you again!

And yeah, maybe so, but not to the degree PR is experiencing. I am a stranger to surrender, though, as I hope the good people of PR are.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join