It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Slips into Coma After 9 Hour ER Wait-Dies 2 years Later-Family Suing Hospital

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

They do end up charging 2 different proces for insured and uninsured. How is it not when they own the hospitals? so when the hospital sends a bill to the insurance company that owns the hospital they are just billing themselves.

It should be illegal.
edit on 27-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

yep

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I was in a wreck last year, went to the ER and my midsection was really sore, they put me through some scanner machine for about 5 minutes. They billed the insurance 9600$ just for that, over 13000 for the total visit.

Now can you imagine how broke insurance companies would be if they actually had to come off of 10k every time someone went to the ER?

1000$ everytime someone took an ambulance 50 frikin $ for every aspirin.

Biggest problem in America IMO.
edit on 27-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think the lobbying is the biggest problem. This gave us the mess we are in and why the R and D's can't change a damn thing about the ACA. Remember how brave repubs were? They had to repeal it. Given the chance-nothin. They suck.

Our politicians are the best lobby money can buy.
edit on 27-9-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: manuelram16

Wow the hospital should be sued out of existence IMO. When you have the gall to charge 50$ for an aspirin and 80$ for a bed pan , 20$ for a pair of plastic gloves, You better do your effing job right.

Yes and all the Doctors and Nurses also should be sued so to oblivion....until we have no Hospitals, Doctors and Nurses. And you wonder why Healthcare costs are up in the clouds.

I have been wondering that my whole life? 50$ for an aspirin. And insurance companies own most of the hospitals .

So I wonder why hospitals charge so much hmmmmm... It should be illegal.

Insurance companies do not own the majority of hospitals. Where did you come up with that?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I think the lobbying is the biggest problem. This gave us the mess we are in and why the R and D's can't change a damn thing about the ACA. Remember how brave repubs were? They had to repeal it. Given the chance-nothin. They suck.

Our politicians are the best lobby money can buy.

I remember Trump said he was gonna mke insurance companies show their books. I guess they bought him off too.

This is one thing I dont even really see the left talking about either.

Important shi is just never imprtant enough.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You and I are not important. The $$ is much much more important than the US voter.

This is not that hard to understand, Canada has a system that by all accounts is working. And for less than 1/2 the cost.

A for profit system only puts pressure to raise prices, every quarter profits must increase.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

Wow the hospital should be sued out of existence IMO. When you have the gall to charge 50$ for an aspirin and 80$ for a bed pan , 20$ for a pair of plastic gloves, You better do your effing job right.

Yes and all the Doctors and Nurses also should be sued so to oblivion....until we have no Hospitals, Doctors and Nurses. And you wonder why Healthcare costs are up in the clouds.

I have been wondering that my whole life? 50$ for an aspirin. And insurance companies own most of the hospitals .

Insurance companies do not own the majority of hospitals. Where did you come up with that?

The Quiet Takeover: Insurers Buying Physicians and Hospitals

www.beckershospitalreview.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Anywhere else charging one price for no insurance and one price for insurance (higher) would be considered insurance fraud.
But it is health care so anything goes.

No they scare you with those prices to force you to pay their outrageous premiums every month to avoid those charges.

This IMO should be illegal,

You are forgetting the number of people who use the hospital and never pay because they either can't or won't and the insurance providers who undercut the real cost of care for every patient they provide (Medicare, Medicaid ... oh, that's right government who only pays $0.80 on the dollar on average for its claims). All that isn't covered by those groups has to be shifted elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

The Quiet Takeover: Insurers Buying Physicians and Hospitals

www.beckershospitalreview.com...

And since, thanks to Obamacare, the government pretty much runs the insurance companies now and owns them too since they have to be bailed out, we can see the Trojan Horse for single payer we were told it was.

Do you all like it?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

How long until this turns into a race issue or has it already?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Sitting in hospital with a god damn head injury? Are Fu@#$%^ kidding me?

My wife died do to a lack of insurance that didn't kick in til it was to late.
Linda Shores 8 21 65 / 7 13 17

RIP my forever love
edit on Rpm92717v04201700000016 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I am sorry about your wife. The problem is not going to be corrected until all people unite and do what is best for the 96%.
We are separated by kneeling, BLM, KKK, colleges and the list is endless. Because it works. There are very workable systems in other countries, but for profit health care is designed to raise prices, every quarter profits need to go up.

We are screwed.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Anywhere else charging one price for no insurance and one price for insurance (higher) would be considered insurance fraud.
But it is health care so anything goes.

Yeah, if you charge $5.00 for a gallon of water after a hurricane, it's criminal price gouging, but if the hospital charges $8.00 for the same bottle, it's healthcare. Medicare for all, with negotiated pricing, is the only answer that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The largest expense in healthcare is healthcare insurance. Because people sew hospitals and doctors pay billions to insurance agents. Hospitals can easily pay a couple a million a year.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Do you have a source for that?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If they're ever being poky in an emergency room, just threaten to throw up. That gets people moving very fast.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Yes, this whole scheme is going to collapse. And that happens when the average dumb ass (me) looks at the cost of sh!tty insurance and says screw it, I have a mortgage to pay.

There are other countries that do a much better job at a much better cost.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

It may never change even after it gets ugly.

But ugly is coming.
edit on Rpm92717v26201700000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yep, there is never enough profit. The system is set up to fail, and they are grabbing the silverware and copper wire out of the walls before it all goes balls up.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join