It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nielsen: Football ratings off 11 percent this year

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
a reply to: Gryphon66

Gryphon66!!!!!!
The remington poll I cited shows that people are upset with the NFL.
I can't extrapolate that to determine what numbers are boycotting.

Yes.

Why are polls suddenly meaningful to you? You are on record here repeatedly as distrusting polls; is that correct or incorrect?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yet again the American public is being lead by the nose to be outraged by something.

This time the public is (supposed) up in arms about at most a legal matter concerning police/public violence (that is rare when in context to the actual inherent problems with dealing police/public) or at least a PSYOP.

I think the facts in this one may come squirting out around the edges. You can't hide ad revenues.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: butcherguy

Yet again the American public is being lead by the nose to be outraged by something.

This time the public is (supposed) up in arms about at most a legal matter concerning police/public violence (that is rare when in context to the actual inherent problems with dealing police/public) or at least a PSYOP.

I think the facts in this one may come squirting out around the edges. You can't hide ad revenues.

Wait, isn't the argument here that the American public is against the protests?

You're saying they're being led by the nose?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: seasonal

The problem is that the news and the entertainment are owned by the same company.

There is the real story.

In more ways than one.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Xtrozero

LOL ... political? Yep, 1.5 minutes against 4 hours during a part of the game that most people spend in the bathroom or at the concession stand.

Goodness, i don't like the words but are the snowflakes getting triggered here?

The media has made it political, the out cry over Trump's stupid tweets have made it political...

You keep saying "most people spend in the bathroom or at the concession stand" and I do not think you realize that there are 1000s of football games every week across America where everyone respects the flag by just focusing on that event. The few times a player out of 10,000s does knee it is a big deal in not the proper thing to do. I watch high school football 2 times a week for the last 4 years and EVERYTIME the national anthem plays EVERYONE stops, hats are off, hand is over the heart and concessions are closed etc.

Yes this is not the NFL but we are talking tens of millions that do this every week.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Yes the media has stoked the racial outrage furnace yet agian. Why?

#1 It works
#2 To keep us separated. 96% of all people want the same thing. And it ain't what the remaining 4%, especially the .01% want.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Yes the media has stoked the racial outrage furnace yet agian. Why?

#1 It works
#2 To keep us separated. 96% of all people want the same thing. And it ain't what the remaining 4%, especially the .01% want.

True about the media.

Isn't the contention here that most Americans are against the protests? So when you say that most Americans are being led by the nose, are you saying that they are being mislead to oppose the protests?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

LOL ... political? Yep, 1.5 minutes against 4 hours during a part of the game that most people spend in the bathroom or at the concession stand.

The media has made it political, the out cry over Trump's stupid tweets have made it political...

You keep saying "most people spend in the bathroom or at the concession stand" and I do not think you realize that there are 1000s of football games every week across America where everyone respects the flag by just focusing on that event. The few times a player out of 10,000s does knee it is a big deal in not the proper thing to do. I watch high school football 2 times a week for the last 4 years and EVERYTIME the national anthem plays EVERYONE stops, hats are off, hand is over the heart and concessions are closed etc.

Yes this is not the NFL but we are talking tens of millions that do this every week.

The arguments here have been that the players made it political.

There are 1000s of NFL games every week? Wow. Or did you mean total football games played, mighty mite through HS through College, which really have nothing to do with the topic?

You watch 2 games out of thousands played each week and you find that a representative sample?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Division is the results the controllers are looking for. And yes we are divided.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Division is the results the controllers are looking for. And yes we are divided.

Again, don't disagree.

Do you feel like most Americans oppose the kneeling (and other actions) protests?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

My opinion is that most people, 75% would say it is distasteful. I am on that "team". But I am still watching the games I am interested in. Believe it or not I don't let football players give me political advice.

Freedom of speech.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

My opinion is that most people, 75% would say it is distasteful. I am on that "team". But I am still watching the games I am interested in. Believe it or not I don't let football players give me political advice.

Freedom of speech.

Fair enough on all counts.

So, back to your posit that the media is leading Americans around by the nose. Is the media leading that 75% around by the nose?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

There are 1000s of NFL games every week? Wow. Or did you mean total football games played, mighty mite through HS through College, which really have nothing to do with the topic?

You watch 2 games out of thousands played each week and you find that a representative sample?

Why yes there are 1000s of NFL games every week... wait Hmmm I didn't have NFL in my post...seems my post was about the vast majority of sporting events that tens of millions participate in....lol you are difficult and not really fun to debate because you really don't provide anything worth while to address in your replies.

My bad I did have NFL in my post...here it is at the end..

Are you suggesting my small sample does not represent America? I challenge you to find a high school football game that doesn't mirror mine...lol Your narrative is ignorant to say the least. My point is out side of the NFL it is a norm... You can either believe me to just keep pushing your pulled out of you butt narrative.

Do you even read before you reply...lol

edit on 27-9-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Yes. We are all being lead to think there is a polar opposite that are WRONG and hate America (my team).

The other team is being lead to think cops murder ALOT of people-fill in the color with no oversight. And the other side (my team) doesn't care cause the system is systemically racist.

This works.

I refuse to buy into this tripe. Black and whites want the same thing. And it isn't what the 4% want.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Yes. We are all being lead to think there is a polar opposite that are WRONG and hate America (my team).

The other team is being lead to think cops murder ALOT of people-fill in the color with no oversight. And the other side (my team) doesn't care cause the system is systemically racist.

This works.

I refuse to buy into this tripe. Black and whites want the same thing. And it isn't what the 4% want.

Thanks for being patient. My point was to show that even those who think they are on the right side here (whatever the percentage is) are, at this point, being led by media/entertainment/societal programming.

One can fight for their position, or they can fight to find the truth. Never both.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Oh yes, from WMD's to throwing babies on the floor to kneeling we are controlled and subverted. Money and power=control.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I have been seeing references to entire high school teams kneeling through the Star Spangled Banner in an emulation of what is happening in the NFL.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Freedom of speech.

Fair enough on all counts.

So, back to your posit that the media is leading Americans around by the nose. Is the media leading that 75% around by the nose?

No. The media is leading the other 25% around by the nose.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Snowflakes are liberals..leftists..never anyone else.

Sorry you cannot use your silly policies anymore to change words around.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The are not regular Americans we are dealing with. They don't attend their kids football games, they don't sit down on Sunday with a beer and watch the games.

They're only now interested in football.

People are shushed quiet if even a word is heard and children are scolded if they talk during it. To them that sounds unreasonable. To us it sounds like a normal life.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join