It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not only do we have Trump's golf course in Scotland, but his big ugly Bombs too

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Absolute rubbish.

If you really think that the enemies of the United States (which, according to the fact that the United States operates mass surveillance, is not only every citizen on the face of the world who has a functioning internet connection, but their own citizens as well), learned anything they did not know already, from the OP, then you have roundly failed to understand intelligence and espionage as concepts.

These installations are not new, are widely publicised, as is the doctrine which supports or denies their use.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
"We have US bombs in Scotland, I don't want them here, I can't see how it is a deterrent, more like a target. The UK can't launch these war heads anyway, they are launched using US codes, from the US military."

Same for germany, the population is "not amused" about being a target. Only because of the fact that one of the most rogues states on earth(at least atm) uses almost the whole world as if would be "gods own" territory.

And we are not even allowed to have a-bombs, but if they are a-bombs of the former allegedly united states, then it is ok, somehow...

For the overseas bonded "german" government, not the people of germany!

You just informed the world (America's enemies) how this works.

it isn't a state secret....let me introduce to Google

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
There's a long tradition of NATO doing naval training exercises off our coast, that in itself isn't terribly unusual.

But as Nonspecific says, there is an organisation that's been trying to get the nukes out of Scotland.

The problem is the whole economy of Faslane and the surrounding area utterly depends on the nuclear submarines being there, so get rid of the subs, and thousands of peoples lives are ruined.

It's a tricky debate, I can see points on both sides of it.

I agree with you to a point..but I can't see the virtue in Trident remaining at Faslane, even for the sake of the local economy.
Skilled workers there, would still possess skills that would be transferable, and could be utilsed by new industry if Scotland could gain some new investment. If only ....

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I know what you mean about the golf course. Who wants that ugly eyesore? Just look at it!

You could have put a sweet scotch distillery there or something. Maybe a kilt factory.

And the bombs? Why are you upset about the bombs? They are the biggest bombs, the most beautiful bombs, the very very very best bombs. No one has bombs like that.

edit on 27-9-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Do these big ugly bombs have 'Property of Donald Trump' printed on them?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Think of the positive, it would be the most exciting thing to happen in Scotland since Mel Gibson saved it from the English.

I want one of those kilts and swords and blue make up n stuff in order to look well hard...

Does anyone have the mobile number of DBcowboy?

Last I heard was that he was wearing a purple kilt in a female dentists's clinic whilst using the spit sink as a urinal!

Warmest

Lags
edit on 27-9-2017 by Lagomorphe because: I am crap

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

If his out of control Ego is anything to go by...they soon will.
A big T perhaps..in a tawdry shade of gold, brought to you by the Trump corporation

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Tee'd Off

originally posted by: FauxMulder
I know what you mean about the golf course. Who wants that ugly eyesore? Just look at it!

You could have put a sweet scotch distillery there or something. Maybe a kilt factory.

And the bombs? Why are you upset about the bombs? They are the biggest bombs, the most beautiful bombs, the very very very best bombs. No one has bombs like that.

Point is..it was beautiful before Trump set foot on it.

Tee'd Off
RSPB
edit on 27/9/17 by cosmickat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

a nice wee dram will numb that dental pain for him

might make him start singing about hills and lochs though

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: cosmickat

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

If his out of control Ego is anything to go by...they soon will.
A big T perhaps..in a tawdry shade of gold, brought to you by the Trump corporation

I'm sure he would if he could. Jokes aside, the bombs were there long before Trump was President.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I know...

it's just the times that we live in now, prospects of it all turning into an apocalyptic $hit$how haven't felt imminent until the last few weeks. He is no kinda diplomat, for sure.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
"We have US bombs in Scotland, I don't want them here, I can't see how it is a deterrent, more like a target. The UK can't launch these war heads anyway, they are launched using US codes, from the US military."

Same for germany, the population is "not amused" about being a target. Only because of the fact that one of the most rogues states on earth(at least atm) uses almost the whole world as if would be "gods own" territory.

And we are not even allowed to have a-bombs, but if they are a-bombs of the former allegedly united states, then it is ok, somehow...

For the overseas bonded "german" government, not the people of germany!

You just informed the world (America's enemies) how this works.

They've known this for decades. Certain countries have provided financial support to the disarmament protest groups for decades.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Yes, they were here before Trump.

However, the problem is, that with Trump at the helm, there is a risk that he might decide to cook North Korea, and if he does, given that everyone knows about Scotlands hosting of part of the US nuclear arsenal, Scotland could be on the target list of any retaliation, or for that matter a first strike by any one of the US's enemies. The risk of this happening under Bill Clinton, George Bush, or Obama was virtually nil, but with tensions between North Korea and America being what they are, there is a greater threat than ever, of nuclear weapons being deployed from, and toward Scotland.

I can understand why some might believe it time to discuss removing those nuclear weapons from their current location again (this is not the first time some significant concern has been expressed over the placement of these weapons). Simply put, it is very possible that the nuclear weapons as are present in Scotland, might be used in direct opposition to the will of the population of that country, which would, regardless of their opposition to it, invite consequences upon them for which they did not ask.

I think its a fair point, frankly speaking.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Maybe but NK have been left to their own devices for years. Now they have f#cking H-Bombs. It's hardly like they have been sitting on their hands all these years is it?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

North Korea didn't have the technology back then. Now they do, how hard is this to understand?

Trump has been left with a huge steaming pile of sh!t to clean up because nobody else before him could be bothered or have the balls to nip it in the bud years ago.

Why is this fact so hard to understand?

Oh yeah, because Trump...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Interesting, I'd never heard of that before. Any more info?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Trident being what it is - basically a rocket without guidance system - I guess it is good there is atleast something which keeps UK on that list of nuke capable states.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

No he has not.

He has been left the exact same list of problems as the last God knows how many Presidents! Its not as if he is especially put upon in any regard, for any other reason than his own bloviating incompetence and impotence.

He could have done absolutely anything about North Korea. He could have ordered his generals and his intelligence people to really monitor the situation hard, give him daily updates about the movement of men, material and equipment in the region, asked to be read in with HOURLY updates about movements in the area, and ordered all parties concerned to prepare, such that within minutes, they could go from a monitoring situation to a war footing, without missing a step or having to build up any troops or gear, ALL while remaining outwardly calm, reasoning with Lil' Kim, making some deals, like the businessman he is...

Nope, heres a better idea! "Totally DESTROY North Korea".

The man is a bloody liability and nothing more! He has not one ounce of nuance to him whatsoever, and I am very sorry to report, that the job he is in, demands more of a person than he has to offer, which is only being made clearer every time he opens his mouth on the North Korea situation.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

No he has not.

He has been left the exact same list of problems as the last God knows how many Presidents! Its not as if he is especially put upon in any regard, for any other reason than his own bloviating incompetence and impotence.

He could have done absolutely anything about North Korea. He could have ordered his generals and his intelligence people to really monitor the situation hard, give him daily updates about the movement of men, material and equipment in the region, asked to be read in with HOURLY updates about movements in the area, and ordered all parties concerned to prepare, such that within minutes, they could go from a monitoring situation to a war footing, without missing a step or having to build up any troops or gear, ALL while remaining outwardly calm, reasoning with Lil' Kim, making some deals, like the businessman he is...

Nope, heres a better idea! "Totally DESTROY North Korea".

The man is a bloody liability and nothing more! He has not one ounce of nuance to him whatsoever, and I am very sorry to report, that the job he is in, demands more of a person than he has to offer, which is only being made clearer every time he opens his mouth on the North Korea situation.

So what would you do in his shoes?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Me?

I would have asked him what it was he was after. I would have attempted to communicate with the fellow, perhaps get his phone number and call the man directly, or something similar, start a conversation, not a shooting match, in private, where no face could be lost on either side.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join