It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favourite like about your LIFE?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Is that true? Do you like the power games? That's a huge part of life, too. Do you like a victory, well obviously you do. That's not bad because we need the business people, politicians and warriors. They drive us, organise us and protect us. It's not just men that have these drives. Of course, both and in between are serving as soldiers, politicians and some of the richest business people on the planet are women.

There are many business people and war heroes I admire. Admiral Lord Nelson is a child hero of mine. His bravery I have never known the likes of. When he lost his arm in a sea battle the surgeon on the ship amputated it, gave him some opium and in twenty minutes he was back ordering the crew. These men were rock hard.

edit on 27-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Is that true? Do you like the power games? That's a huge part of life, too. Do you like a victory, well obviously you do. That's not bad because we need the business people, politicians and warriors.

I was only half joking with that Genghis Khan cum Conan quote but I do enjoy a good victory since I'm in sales. It's all a zero sum game for us.

Plus the lamentation of females is hot.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Great! I really do like business and politics, though as a spectator. I see clearly that it is very competitive and the taste for victory is very strong. This is all front line BUSINESS, the cutting edge of society. Our social structures are fascinating when we analyse them.

It's kind of refreshing not to have to disagree with people for a change. Personal taste is not something we can dictate. We are actually really good at not dictating to others in the West.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

It's kind of refreshing not to have to disagree with people for a change. Personal taste is not something we can dictate. We are actually really good at not dictating to others in the West.

I like that you got me to be introspective from a goofy, half-serious comment.

I also like cooking a nice meal for friends and family so I'm not all cut throat ambition.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Jesus Christ, the view outside my house, living on the moon and never knowing from day to day if im single or not. The last one isn't actually a 'like'. It's more of an uncontrolled event in which I often ponder, am I being naieve again or just stupid? Like waiting for the world to go boom.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I like being in nature and the changing of the seasons.
I like animals.
I like watching children play.
I like watching my family doing things they love.
I like galloping fast through colorful autumn trees with my mare.
I like eating chocolate cake after a month of eating low carb.
I like kissing and sex.
I like laughing uncontrollably with a friend.
I like walking alone in thick fog.
And body surfing.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I like that you got me to be introspective from a goofy, half-serious comment.

I also like cooking a nice meal for friends and family so I'm not all cut throat ambition.

I have read so much about you to know you are not. You have some really very commendable skills. Most of what we are all arguing about is superfluous to the fundamentals. In war time illusion faces cold reality. We have forgotten that. I never did forget the war time because we need to remember it. I really never ant to see young American or anyone else's live be "sacrificed" as the President would call it. He better realise how precious the flesh and blood he politicising is. You know that, though. I have seen it.

We are in a strange situation on ATS. A lot of members come her and can't leave. I've been reading more from you guys than anyone on a regular basis for years now. We are all giving our consent when we come here. I am very enthralled by this site particularly. It is a strange kind of meeting place. All the regular members are alternative if they did but realise it. It's like we are representatives of the big world come her to play with each other's perceptions and minds. Only LEARNING comes from that. There is nothing worrying about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
Jesus Christ, the view outside my house, living on the moon and never knowing from day to day if I'm single or not. The last one isn't actually a 'like'. It's more of an uncontrolled event in which I often ponder, am I being naive again or just stupid? Like waiting for the world to go boom.

You are in a similar boat to me. We have a similar situation. Not naive. The world is going boom all the time. It started and it will end. A lot of what Christ said was a preparation to embrace the end with faith and knowing how to handle that. We have been carrying that for two thousand years. We both have our shared inheritance. I'll be happy to sweep the roads of the New Jerusalem for you. Yep, be the road sweeper. I would even do it on this earth. Man, the OPPORTUNITY to sweep the streets o the Old City and the Wailing Wall; I would be dancing with joy every AM to the sound of the beep beep from the alarm. Hope Christ don't mind when I say I think blessed are those who sweep the streets of the Old City.

Any how didn't Christ say it's withheld from the wise and revealed to babes?

Big Up, bro'!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I like being in nature and the changing of the seasons.
I like animals.
I like watching children play.
I like watching my family doing things they love.
I like galloping fast through colorful autumn trees with my mare.
I like eating chocolate cake after a month of eating low carb.
I like kissing and sex.
I like laughing uncontrollably with a friend.
I like walking alone in thick fog.
And body surfing.

There's a romantic. Your husband is one LUCKY DUDE. Tell him that from someone who has read all your words these last few years. You know how often I have remarked about you. I'll say no more so as not to overstep my boundary. I think many members would agree, a woman like this with all that romance and intelligence and in FRANCE of all places...(end of tape squeaky sound conveniently). xx!

I live in Cornwall, UK. It is good for surfing here, especially on the North Coast. I am on the South Coast. I spent time in France. I would live there any day. It is very charming. Jim Morrison and me dig Paris...to death in some cases. Bless his memory.

You are a Bluesma in every way.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

My wife and children are my most favorite "likes".

My wife because she has put up with me for decades. She is my sun, my raison d'etre.

My children are my legacy that I leave to the world long after I pass on to drink and battle in the Halls of Valhalla.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I don't seem to have many likes. Nothing seems to hold my interest for very long. Once I have figured something out or accomplished something, I then care less about it afterwards. I like computer games, but once I got a decent system built, they weren't much fun shortly after.

About to get into FPV with planes/quads, just waiting on a few more parts. I am sure once I try it, I will "meh" and then try to find something else that seems interesting. I don't know.. I wish I could find something I like and stick with it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, again people who have such good family are very blessed. I envy you in a positive way. it would have been my choice.i did everything I could to try and make it happen at one time. It's good that I can remind you that you are a lucky chap, luckier than I.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I don't seem to have many likes. Nothing seems to hold my interest for very long. Once I have figured something out or accomplished something, I then care less about it afterwards. I like computer games, but once I got a decent system built, they weren't much fun shortly after.

About to get into FPV with planes/quads, just waiting on a few more parts. I am sure once I try it, I will "meh" and then try to find something else that seems interesting. I don't know.. I wish I could find something I like and stick with it.

Yes, hobbies are superficial. My music is superficial. It is a day to day thing. I mainly do the electronic music. It is half music composing and half computer game these days to be honest. The results are amazing, electronically, and I spend a lot of my time and most of my money presently this way. It is my hobby like a games hobby. i do the same thing. I take an interest in all the power PCs, but instead of the graphics card I focus on the audio interface. Games PCs and Music PCs have very similar demands. This activity is my bread and butter hobby. It is a replacement for the emptiness from not having the family. If we don't have family we MUST fill up the emptiness.

Do you have family, too? Or are you looking for something to fill a void like I do.

Flickery people make excellent travellers. There is nothing wrong with moving on. A wandering mind, needing constant and varied stimulation, accumulating various knowledge, who know that it may lead to a harmony of purpose at some point or even if never then it's that activity that counts. With my music it is just a hobby. The tracks I make are really like recording your Sony/XBox/PC game game. I see it exactly like that.

I have known a few people like you. They get totally into something in an intense way then it moves on to something else. I think you need constant and intense stimulation. I really like that. I am very intense. I mean, look at the speed I am typing and communicating with here. If I could do this a lot more I would be putting that up there as a top like.

I wish i could converse with all manner and variety of minds on this earth. i would do it in person if I could yet that is not possible, but I am hoping one day I can communicate eloquently with interesting people all over the planet. It's like that Borg thing happening, hah! You guys are a very wonderful COMPUTER GAME for me. It's lovely. No algorithm will ever be able to replace us will it. it will only ever be able to SYNTHESISE. I am honestly a fully crazy humanist and humans are my interest. Sorry for being sooo weird.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Things I like in life in no praticular order.
Being goofy with my wife. Chasing each other through the house like a couple of kids
Playing backyard baseball with my kids
Goofing off with the kids
Being in the woods
I like going to northern Wisconsin, hanging out on a lake. No noise, no people, no planes overhead
I like to share a good meal with family
Fixing things
Listening to music. Music is probably my favorite thing humans do

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Things I like in life in no praticular order.
Being goofy with my wife. Chasing each other through the house like a couple of kids
Playing backyard baseball with my kids
Goofing off with the kids
Being in the woods
I like going to northern Wisconsin, hanging out on a lake. No noise, no people, no planes overhead
I like to share a good meal with family
Fixing things
Listening to music. Music is probably my favorite thing humans do

Remember the other day when I said the mystery is FAMILY?

Here in this thread is constant proof of that. The secret is to not only build for us, but to keep building through the generations and record our knowledge of each other as families. LOOK at the technology we have available. We can accurately describe from the horse's mouth life experiences with various profiles and media. ATS is doing that. You can leave it in your will:

Hey Junior, when I'm gone, read my ATS comments. It is how I felt about day to day life through many years.

This stuff we are writing is not garbage.

HISTORY is transformed. History is in the first person now (lol, WITH COMMENTARY, too
)

The opportunities of media, collective memory and families being able to experience the generations is going to impact hugely on human clarity of vision and responsibility as we realise what we are actually doing (consciousness, which is inevitable on a world wide scale).

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

Yes, hobbies are superficial. My music is superficial. It is a day to day thing. I mainly do the electronic music. It is half music composing and half computer game these days to be honest. The results are amazing, electronically, and I spend a lot of my time and most of my money presently this way. It is my hobby like a games hobby. i do the same thing. I take an interest in all the power PCs, but instead of the graphics card I focus on the audio interface. Games PCs and Music PCs have very similar demands. This activity is my bread and butter hobby. It is a replacement for the emptiness from not having the family. If we don't have family we MUST fill up the emptiness.

Do you have family, too? Or are you looking for something to fill a void like I do.

Flickery people make excellent travellers. There is nothing wrong with moving on. A wandering mind, needing constant and varied stimulation, accumulating various knowledge, who know that it may lead to a harmony of purpose at some point or even if never then it's that activity that counts. With my music it is just a hobby. The tracks I make are really like recording your Sony/XBox/PC game game. I see it exactly like that.

I have known a few people like you. They get totally into something in an intense way then it moves on to something else. I think you need constant and intense stimulation. I really like that. I am very intense. I mean, look at the speed I am typing and communicating with here. If I could do this a lot more I would be putting that up there as a top like.

I wish i could converse with all manner and variety of minds on this earth. i would do it in person if I could yet that is not possible, but I am hoping one day I can communicate eloquently with interesting people all over the planet. It's like that Borg thing happening, hah! You guys are a very wonderful COMPUTER GAME for me. It's lovely. No algorithm will ever be able to replace us will it. it will only ever be able to SYNTHESISE. I am honestly a fully crazy humanist and humans are my interest. Sorry for being sooo weird.

Yea I am not sure why I lose interest. Could be depression or something lol I don't know. But your not weird. You make sense.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I love watching the progression of life. as I've gotten older, time seems to be moving at such a rapid pace...in chunks rather than moments. I love those moments where time seems to slow down...if even for a few minutes...and I get to take a look around and see things that weren't there before. or things that have passed on.
like the moment Picard has in Insurrection.
today is the first day where fall has begun its time. the leaves are falling and collecting in whirlwinds around the parking lot. it's those simple things that make the magic for me.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm an artist. Everything else is secondary....

edit on 27-9-2017 by olaru12 because: Judith....look outside!!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

I understand. You respond very sentiently to the world, capturing and recapturing moments as poets do. I wonder is that something that we all want to do when we get older? I know this from a poet. Literally, I just remembered.

Here is a poem for you. I am not quite there yet. I understand it, but I don't UNDERSTAND it yet. You would feel this. It is a good time to read this poem. The poem is autumn and it is written in TS Eliot's poetic autumn of his genius. He was an American poet who came to England at the tail end of the British Classical Age (autumn). TS Eliot is autumn in ever way. He is hard to comprehend at first, but he comes on like a flash. There is real mature ageless knowledge in his poems and his essays. He is Britain's Dante...NO DOUBT.

I will put the poem here for you and anyone else who wants to read it, but it is specific to you and your love for the seasons and the sentience of our world:

From "Four Quartets"

"Burnt Norton

I

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable.
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation.
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden. My words echo
Thus, in your mind.
But to what purpose
Disturbing the dust on a bowl of rose-leaves
I do not know.
Other echoes
Inhabit the garden. Shall we follow?
Quick, said the bird, find them, find them,
Round the corner. Through the first gate,
Into our first world, shall we follow
The deception of the thrush? Into our first world.
There they were, dignified, invisible,
Moving without pressure, over the dead leaves,
In the autumn heat, through the vibrant air,
And the bird called, in response to
The unheard music hidden in the shrubbery,
And the unseen eyebeam crossed, for the roses
Had the look of flowers that are looked at.
There they were as our guests, accepted and accepting.
So we moved, and they, in a formal pattern,
Along the empty alley, into the box circle,
To look down into the drained pool.
Dry the pool, dry concrete, brown edged,
And the pool was filled with water out of sunlight,
And the lotos rose, quietly, quietly,
The surface glittered out of heart of light,
And they were behind us, reflected in the pool.
Then a cloud passed, and the pool was empty.
Go, said the bird, for the leaves were full of children,
Hidden excitedly, containing laughter.
Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind
Cannot bear very much reality.
Time past and time future
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.

II

Garlic and sapphires in the mud
Clot the bedded axle-tree.
The trilling wire in the blood
Sings below inveterate scars
Appeasing long forgotten wars.
The dance along the artery
The circulation of the lymph
Are figured in the drift of stars
Ascend to summer in the tree
We move above the moving tree
In light upon the figured leaf
And hear upon the sodden floor
Below, the boarhound and the boar
Pursue their pattern as before
But reconciled among the stars.

At the still point of the turning world. Neither flesh nor fleshless;
Neither from nor towards; at the still point, there the dance is,
But neither arrest nor movement. And do not call it fixity,
Where past and future are gathered. Neither movement from nor towards,
Neither ascent nor decline. Except for the point, the still point,
There would be no dance, and there is only the dance.
I can only say, there we have been: but I cannot say where.
And I cannot say, how long, for that is to place it in time.

The inner freedom from the practical desire,
The release from action and suffering, release from the inner
And the outer compulsion, yet surrounded
By a grace of sense, a white light still and moving,
Erhebung without motion, concentration
Without elimination, both a new world
And the old made explicit, understood
In the completion of its partial ecstasy,
The resolution of its partial horror.
Yet the enchantment of past and future
Woven in the weakness of the changing body,
Protects mankind from heaven and damnation
Which flesh cannot endure.
Time past and time future
Allow but a little consciousness.
To be conscious is not to be in time
But only in time can the moment in the rose-garden,
The moment in the arbour where the rain beat,
The moment in the draughty church at smokefall
Be remembered; involved with past and future.
Only through time time is conquered.

III

Here is a place of disaffection
Time before and time after
In a dim light: neither daylight
Investing form with lucid stillness
Turning shadow into transient beauty
With slow rotation suggesting permanence
Nor darkness to purify the soul
Emptying the sensual with deprivation
Cleansing affection from the temporal.
Neither plenitude nor vacancy. Only a flicker
Over the strained time-ridden faces
Distracted from distraction by distraction
Filled with fancies and empty of meaning
Tumid apathy with no concentration
Men and bits of paper, whirled by the cold wind
That blows before and after time,
Wind in and out of unwholesome lungs
Time before and time after.
Eructation of unhealthy souls
Into the faded air, the torpid
Driven on the wind that sweeps the gloomy hills of London,
Hampstead and Clerkenwell, Campden and Putney,
Highgate, Primrose and Ludgate. Not here
Not here the darkness, in this twittering world.

Descend lower, descend only
Into the world of perpetual solitude,
World not world, but that which is not world,
Internal darkness, deprivation
And destitution of all property,
Dessication of the world of sense,
Evacuation of the world of fancy,
Inoperancy of the world of spirit;
This is the one way, and the other
Is the same, not in movement
But abstention from movement; while the world moves
In appentency, on its metalled ways
Of time past and time future.

IV

Time and the bell have buried the day,
The black cloud carries the sun away.
Will the sunflower turn to us, will the clematis
Stray down, bend to us; tendril and spray
Clutch and cling?
Chill
Fingers of yew be curled
Down on us? After the kingfisher's wing
Has answered light to light, and is silent, the light is still
At the still point of the turning world."

continued...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join