It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t you just love some of these recent threads????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Don’t you just love some of these recent threads
You know what I’m talking about?

Those threads that start with an inflammatory headline, a headline that is sure to attract two things?
1….Those threads that attract a lot of outspoken agreement along with mutual back slapping
2….They also attract opposing views to counter the original premise established to support the inflammatory headline?

Those threads.

And how about those threads that begin like that, then, in the closing paragraph, discount and disparage any and all opposing opinions that might arise as being expected and already ignored while labeling them with pejoratives before they even make it to the thread.
Those threads that almost sound like what is being said is ‘’ listen and shut up’’

Those kinds of threads, ya just gotta love em.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Geeez ... another thread about those kinds of threads .

You know... like this kind of thread 🤔

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

So leave for a few months. This place is done as a forum for intelligent or productive discussion, its just ego/partisan driven dribble and self indulgent, deluded point scoring via repetition of things heard and not checked.
I come back every now and again for a check in but the levels of stupid here are staggering. There are far better places to go now where you dont feel like you are hanging out in the lobotomy recovery room.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye
Actually, now that you mention it, you're right.
Mods, take this drivel away please.

edit on 30America/ChicagoWed, 27 Sep 2017 02:06:03 -0500Wed, 27 Sep 2017 02:06:03 -050017092017-09-27T02:06:03-05:00200000006 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

I think that may be a very wise thing to do, Skalla. I just may, it might do me good. Thanks for the advice. I think I will try to begin my ''recovery period'' right now and depart this abortion of thread.
Bye all.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

We are intended to be fed up and at our wits end nowadays. Divided and upset. Sometimes a good rant helps us diffuse a little, in a harmless constructive way.

I try to hate the agenda rather than the mostly well intended people caught up in the game.

Life can get the best of anyone on a given day. ✌

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Some of us definitely know what you mean.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I have tried to start some new threads that have nothing to do with kneeling, crying, bitching, moaning, or politics. You might try that. Holy #, if you did that, and others did that, why, there would be way more threads on here that don't upset folks like you. What a concept.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I nominate you to make ATS great again

Sincerely.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Can you sneakily recommend some better conspiracy theory forums please?

Places that haven't been taken over by Trump?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
ATS has been anything but a bastion of logic and rationality for several years now.

I like project avalon. They have some good topics on everything from Skinwalkers to JFK to everything in between.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

So leave for a few months. This place is done as a forum for intelligent or productive discussion, its just ego/partisan driven dribble and self indulgent, deluded point scoring via repetition of things heard and not checked.
I come back every now and again for a check in but the levels of stupid here are staggering. There are far better places to go now where you dont feel like you are hanging out in the lobotomy recovery room.

I fear your right, it had descended to juvenile recreation. I find my interest waning every time I come here.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Congratulations! You are the person who took this thread over in that person's name!

Sure sign someone is living rent free in your mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Hurry back!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz

Daily Kos, Crooks and Liars, Democratic Underground...........

(Albeit these are mostly political conspiracy and exposure, in nature)

edit on 27-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Don’t you just love some of these recent threads
You know what I’m talking about?

Those threads that start with an inflammatory headline, a headline that is sure to attract two things?
1….Those threads that attract a lot of outspoken agreement along with mutual back slapping
2….They also attract opposing views to counter the original premise established to support the inflammatory headline?

Those threads.

And how about those threads that begin like that, then, in the closing paragraph, discount and disparage any and all opposing opinions that might arise as being expected and already ignored while labeling them with pejoratives before they even make it to the thread.
Those threads that almost sound like what is being said is ‘’ listen and shut up’’

Those kinds of threads, ya just gotta love em.

MSM must be taking over ATS.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What's up Terry, no-one wants to pat your back, losing arguements, no-one agreeing with you etc..

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

MSM must be taking over ATS.

If the latest news flash that Congress is considering removing the tax exempt status from the NFL, isn't enough to make people open their eyes, then all hope is lost. Even though I don't think it will happen.

All of this falderal is nothing but control of the masses by use of trigger words, social media, and provocateurs.

It is disheartening to see so many people play right into their hands. The hands of the same people that they think they are fighting against.

Whether it is Facebook, Twitter, ATS or any other site on the internet, they are nothing but remote controls for manipulating the masses.

This has never been about disrespecting the flag. It is not about NK, or anything else they make into a propaganda tool or a meme. This is just another successful attempt of those in control to foster their agenda and the masses have proven that they will do as they are programmed.

edit on 27-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join