It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda vs. truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I was just wondering...

I know most anti Bush/anti war/anti right wing agenda articles posted here are taken as gospel (and yes some have earned that by being right). But I want to know are there any pro Bush/pro right wing articles out there that you would not consider propaganda? And these articles can be on anything...the war, the economy, homeland security, etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Nope! hahahahahahaha

I'm not saying that liberal people like me are always right! But most of all, everything has an hidden agenda..
Yes, some people here are very very of the right, conservatist and pro-war, they wanna blow up the earth if the USA stays strong...and of course religion...the christ, the lord is like always behind them and I hope you know the bible because it's always a great argument on ATS, if the bible says so, then it's good

I was beign sarcastic, but really...there are MORE of the right than left here on ATS, so you won't feel alone! I'm sure you will have a great time arguing, as for me, I give up!

Love
Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, Drudge would be one of the first that comes to mind. He has broken some BIG stories before...

But then again, a broken clock is right twice a day...

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I have to agree. While I will always look for other sources, and Drudge always has a slant, his site has plenty of links to other news sources, and he reports on stories that other organizations don't.

It is the one 'right-wing' news site that I visit at least once a day, as he does a good job of providing a variety of topics.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
By virtue of pointing out bad decisions, bad policy and negative outcomes, an article is not Left Wing. But, by supporting those same transgressions and coming to positive conclusions, an article is Right Wing.
I would suggest you read Pat Buchanan; there are several threads quoting his pieces on ATS ( I've quoted him several times ). He's a staunch Conservative in the sense of the term before it was equated to Fascist, and rightfully so.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The truth is that there has never been truth in anything, there is not even truth im your consciousness. Everything is untruth.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Religious Agendas

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
I know most anti Bush/anti war/anti right wing agenda articles posted here are taken as gospel (and yes some have earned that by being right).

Not by everyone.

The only "gospel" I subscribe to is the gospel of uncertainty.

What Propaganda Is

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
But I want to know are there any pro Bush/pro right wing articles out there that you would not consider propaganda?

If it promotes an agenda, it's propaganda.

So my answer to your question is “no”.

The easiest way to identify potential truths is through the absence of certainty.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I understand what you mean thatsjustweird....the fact that any article or source that doesn't say what you want is propaganda, yet anything you see that does say what you want cannot be propaganda. It's not just left-wingers that do that, this process is followed by many on both sides.

Take 9/11 for example. The "Popular Mechanics" article debunks many theories, so the usual suspects that don't like the President attack "Popular Mechanics" as a CIA front, or elitist media or some such. Then comes along an article on Rense debunking the debunk. The usual suspects who happen to like the President then attack Rense as a credible site.

Both sides act as if they know with absolute certainty what happened, how, and by whom. When in reality we don't know what happened. How many different groups have been accused of masterminding the plot? How many different "secret" methods of destruction have been talked about? A friggin' lot.

Yet the "official" story is embraced by a lot of Republicans and really most people in general - in spite of the many peculiarities that happened on that day. On the other hand you have people that will grasp at any kind of strawman from any kind of ridiculous source (in spite of the facts) simply to justify that the war criminal, Neo-Con Bush was the sole perpetrator. It's kind of funny to watch people going in circles ad nauseum arguing things that there's no way any of us proles could possibly know.

The minute you start taking everything at face value and accepting things as true just because it fits your agenda, you're going to be subject to the manipulation of propagandists.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I consider any article that says free elections will defeat the insurgency in Iraq to be propaganda either that or the author is a fox news zombie.
I consider any article by extremists on either side of the political spectrum to be propaganda.
Mayabe the more extreme people political views are dumber they are.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
According to the dictionary, propaganda does not have to be false.

It is simply information delivered in a manner so as to advocate a particular belief/philosophy/view, there is nothing requiring it to be true or false.

So when you call something propaganda, you are only stating that the information has been displayed in a manner that favors a certain view, and that is not enough to say whether something is true or false.

posted on Feb, 14 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This might add some here?
What is Propaganda?

As for definitions, pick your juice and flavor:
define:propaganda

seekerof

new topics

top topics

join