It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Hates Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Generally speaking, politicians aren't noted for being terribly honest but Trump is in a league of his own when it comes to the sheer frequency with which he lies. I had hoped that after the election, he'd straighten up his act but as it turns out, he's in perpetual campaign mode.

Some of his lies are just bizarrely petty, others are quite significant like accusing his predecessor of having him placed under surveillance (and the administration accusing the British of doing the surveillance because they saw it on Fox — what-the-actual-f) or claiming repeatedly that the once again stalled GOP healthcare bill preserves protections for those with preexisting conditions, which it doesn't. That's on par with what is generally recognized as Obama's biggest whopper, the "if you like your doctor" lie that we heard about for YEARS.

He lies so often about so many different things that the bigger lies don't seem to stand out as much. And of course, all Trump supporters believe that any media outlet that calls him out for lying is itself lying about his lying. Then there's this absurd misconception that "unfiltered" is the same thing as "honest."

Ugh.
edit on 2017-9-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

There is a certain element that hangs on his every word, but only after it’s been ripped from its context and padded with a narrative by a biased press, all of whom supported the opposing candidate.

So, now what comes from the horseass'es mouth is good? What about this?

I never knew anyone who went to a politician’s tweets for facts.

You wanted a filter, and it looks like the filter you chose can pick and choose what you need to hear and what you don’t need to hear.

I take it straight from where it comes from. A place where the sun don't shine. I take it for what it is. Crap. Unadulterated.

It is he who lacks a filter. He speaks without thought. He is a fool. The OP thinks that is admirable.

I can show you some historical examples of great orators, intellectuals, who turned out to be pretty horrific leaders.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

www.theguardian.com...

Naomi Klein: Trump's like the fatberg – horrible, noxious, hard to dislodge Author tells Labour conference Trump is political equivalent of fatberg Huge mass of fat and sanitary products was recently found in London sewers

Yes, a mainstream political party who will have to deal with Trump if they win an election are treating him like THIS. How can hooligans like that be trusted? All Trump will give Britain if these idiots are running the show is a thick ear.

I think little Britain forget just how much they have to rely on America for security and business. Britain would sink into the waves without America. Look:

www.theguardian.com...

Bombardier: May 'bitterly disappointed' as US tariff puts jobs at risk PM says she will work to protect jobs at Canadian aircraft maker in Northern Ireland after US imposes 219% trade levy

THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ALIENATE U.S BUSINESS BANNING UBER. The Trump administration did this. Might it be time for the UK to be a bit kinder to the U.S now or sink? No EU and now no U.S. Britain is the dumbest country on the earth right now alongside N Korea and Iran.

Yes, OP, here in the UK they are constantly vile to him. I'm really bored of them. They are losing their credibility very "bigly", lol, because of it.

They want everyone to hate him, but it is not happening. Everyone is starting to hate them instead.

It's relentless. Day after day the BBC are even doing it. It's wrong to do that to the President. Yeah, we all like a laugh and a joke, but this is not that. They are constantly character assassinating him and pissing on the American democratic process and what the people chose.

Turn OFF, quite literally!

edit on 27-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I'm sure you can.

So what?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

I'm sure you can.

So what?

So maybe results is a better measure of competence than words.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Ah.
So will you now enumerate the magnificence of our president's "results" which belie his lies? His nonsense?

His beautiful health plan, for example. You know the one I'm talking about, right?
edit on 9/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Ah.
So will you now enumerate the magnificence of our president's "results" which belie his lies?

His beautiful health plan, for example. You know the one I'm talking about, right?

I’m one to believe the results will be apparent only after his presidency is over.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   
So you're as anxious to see him gone as I.
Right on.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

So you're as anxious to see him gone as I.
Right on.

On the contrary. I am anxious to watch you guys eat your words.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

It would be nice.
If he accomplishes 10% of his beneficial boasts, it would be nice.

On the other hand, if he accomplishes 1% of that other crap. It would be bad.

What ever happened to that beautiful health plan of his? You know, the one that was so easy? The one where everyone would be covered?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

It would be nice.
If he accomplishes 10% of his boasts. It would be nice.

If people helped him rather than hindered And maligned him at every cost, we might just see that. But schadenfreude tends to be getting in the way.

What ever happened to that beautiful health plan of his? You know, the one that was so easy? The one where everyone would be covered?

I know, and I was told he’d be some great dictator going around congress and all that. I was deceived.
edit on 27-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Yeah, well. Burning bridges is a bitch. Ain't it.

But he's the deal maker, right? It's easy. So easy.

I was deceived.
Don't feel bad. You weren't alone.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Yeah, well. Burning bridges is a bitch. Ain't it.

But he's the deal maker, right? It's easy. So easy.

Maybe if he had the dictator streak you guys all promised, we’d see those results.

link   

Maybe if he had the dictator streak you guys all promised, we’d see those results.

No. Dictators don't work in our system. That's the good news.
He's learning that.
Slowly.

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

There is another glaring reason that has perhaps gone inconsidered: There are people in the media and a large proportion of the rest of the world that thinks he's a nipple of gargantuan proportions.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

No. Dictators don't work in our system.
He's learning that.
Slowly.

Sure fooled us. I guess the fear mongering before the election was all a ruse.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

He's learning that.
Slowly.

No. I said about the time that he was elected that he wouldn't be able to get anything done (burned bridges and stuff). You can search it, I won't.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

He's learning that.
Slowly.

No. I said about the time that he was elected that he wouldn't be able to get anything done (burned bridges and stuff). You can search it, I won't.

I’ll take your word for it. But I do know the success rate of the predictions regarding Trump have proven to be utter failures.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I disagree.

Trump has murdered their ratings. Just look at CNN. Even Fox's has suffered (as they should, BTW).

Well...variety.com...

In total day, Fox News led with 1.47 million total viewers, up 27% from the same period last year. Of those, 314,000 fell in the adults 25-54 demographic, up 46% from last year. MSNBC was second in total viewers with 886,000, up 73%. MSNBC was third in total day in the demo, however, with 206,000 for an increase of 57%. CNN was third in total viewers with 788,000 for an increase of 25%, but second in the demo with 262,000 (up 39%).

I should have added credibility.

Anyway, it still doesn't stop people from quoting every fake lie they put out as gospel.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

Are you sure I shouldn't be fired for it?

Only if you kneel when you lie.

That's the ultimate sin.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join