It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Hates Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I think at this point you lot need to just go back to the "B-but Clinton's emails" defense and abandon this discussion

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Wow this place echos....echos............echos

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: theantediluvian

Again...proof of this allegation?

Any proof that he's a liar? How many lies do you need? 5? 10? 20? 100? Let's start with 5 recent ones.

1. At the Huntsville, AL rally last Friday, he said that Luther Strange didn't know Mitch McConnell and that was a lie. (video and transcript)

"You know, I don't like to, but I'm telling you he doesn't know Mitch McConnell at all."

Breitbart of all places wasn't having it. Not because they like to call out Trump for lying but because Bannon supported the other guy.

Trump Claims Luther Strange Does Not Know Mitch McConnell, Despite Campaign Getting Millions from Him

2. At the same rally, he lied about having done away with the EPA's Clean Power Plan.

"That includes challenging the EPA’s Clean Power Plan - which by the way did you see what I did to that? Boom, gone"

No, that's not true. At least not yet.

3. In yet another lie at the same rally, he made the following claim:

"Here’s one that nobody had the guts to do. And I did it in my first very few days in office. I authorized the construction of the Keystone Pipeline and the Dakota Access Pipeline."

That's not true. Keystone wasn't authorized until March 24th. I think the Dakota Access Pipeline was in mid February maybe?

Let's not just focus on that Huntsville liefest. Another way he's often credited by supporters for sidestepping the media is through Twitter right?

4. He lied about China's corporate tax rate on Twitter, you know, where he's revolutionizing the process of lying to the people.

"China has a business tax rate of 15%. We should do everything possible to match them in order to win with our economy. Jobs and wages!"

Actually, the corporate tax rate in China is 25%. Same day he repeated the lie to Congress. Should we count that as 1 or 2? I'm pretty sure he's told that one about 10 times in various settings which is slightly more than the pig blood dipped bullet myth he was so fond of.

Where else? Oh, how about in press conferences with other world leaders?

5. In the joint press conference with the Malaysian PM, he falsely claimed that Malaysia doesn't conduct trade with North Korea. (WhiteHouse.gov transcript)

"He does not do business with North Korea any longer, and we find that to be very important."

That's not what Malaysia's Minister of International Trade and Industry was saying in March. Hell, the joint statement (WH source) says that all Razak agreed to was a comprehensive review (of the "business links" Trump just lied about not existing):

President Trump welcomed Prime Minister Najib’s commitment to go beyond the UNSC resolutions, including through a review of its diplomatic relations and business links with North Korea.

Those are all from the last two weeks and I deliberately avoided his usual lying about crowds, crowd size, cameras not being turned on, yadda yadda.
edit on 2017-9-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The reference to Detroit was in response to your first quote about 'worst shape'. The economy of Detroit is obliterated. Flint is another example. My parents have lived outside Detroit for 50 years. I've seen it devolve over the past 40 years. I challenge anyone to drive through downtown "Detroit" and tell me it is not in the worst shape it's ever been in. Huge swaths of the city are just in ruin, and frankly it's sad. To try to suggest otherwise is just disingenuous. Despite the book cookers, unemployment in Detroit is somewhere between 30-50%

Source

And further, what is wrong with Trump's statement on Detroit?? If Jesse Jackson had said it, or Hillary Clinton, everyone would be cheering...hence my point about those alleged lies being irrelevant.

The 2nd reference to Chicago was in response to the quote about inner city crime rate ...which is soaring.

In any case, the OP is not about any of this. It's about the media and Trump. Tell me a president who hasn't lied! Bush? Clinton? Bush Sr.? Carter? Reagan? Etc.

Your argument is off-topic and irrelevant.

edit on 9/27/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Trump doesn't let the media, or any middlemen spokespersons, get in between him and his message(s) [sic] lies.

So, Trump is as bad as the lying media. Right? But you believe him because...why?

edit on 9/27/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

The Alabama stuff is very impressive. Trump is awesome.

link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
Wow this place echos....echos............echos

You're welcome to provide content. Those who don't produce, shouldn't complain about the crop.

link   
a reply to: RazorV66

What was that? All I could make out was some bleating and I don't speak sheep.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: SaturnFX

The reference to Detroit was in response to your first quote about 'worst shape'. The economy of Detroit is obliterated. Flint is another example. My parents have lived outside Detroit for 50 years. I've seen it devolve over the past 40 years. I challenge anyone to drive through downtown "Detroit" and tell me it is not in the worst shape it's ever been in. Huge swaths of the city are just in ruin, and frankly it's sad. To try to suggest otherwise is just disingenuous. Despite the book cookers, unemployment in Detroit is somewhere between 30-50%

Source

And further, what is wrong with Trump's statement on Detroit?? If Jesse Jackson had said it, or Hillary Clinton, everyone would be cheering...hence my point about those alleged lies being irrelevant.

The 2nd reference to Chicago was in response to the quote about inner city crime rate ...which is soaring.

In any case, the OP is not about any of this. It's about the media and Trump. Tell me a president who hasn't lied! Bush? Clinton? Bush Sr.? Carter? Reagan? Etc.

Your argument is off-topic and irrelevant.

That source is from 2010 ffs, during the peak of the recession where they were hit harder than most
Seriously dude, you need to learn how to check facts.

And so your great defense went from asking for proof that Trump lied to....all politicians lie.
Man, just get some sleep.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

He said he owned a vineyard in Charlottesville and the website of the business has a disclaimer stating it has no connections to Donald Trump or his businesses. That was a bizarre one. I caught it on John Oliver and haven't fact-checked it.

I generally share the popular view that all politicians are lying for the most part whenever they talk. It's part of political leadership 101. 'Lie until you get caught, act remorseful, lie until you get caught, act remorseful.'

In America, adding a few God references in between the lies and the remorse seems to help. Less popular in Europe, but still used by Mediterranean politicians and the UK's Dave Cameron and Tony Blair.

Ironically, I've just had the realisation that I wouldn't like a 100% honest politician - they'd be eaten in one gulp by the dishonest ones. How depressing...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

'Lie until you get caught, act remorseful, lie until you get caught, act remorseful.'

Repeat as required?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
And Trump hates the the media and lies as much as they do.
Very directly and to our faces.

One of the two is tasked with informing the public. The other just speaks his mind.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yeah. The latter is the leader of the free world. One might think a filter would be in order. One might think that, at least, doing a bit of research before shooting off your tweet would be prudent. If one thought. At all.

He seems to be on the level of ATS members who see Venus and call it a UFO.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Yeah. The latter is the leader of the free world. One might think a filter would be in order. One might think that, at least, doing a bit of research before shooting off your tweet would be prudent. If one thought. At all.

I never knew anyone who went to a politician’s tweets for facts. I guess there is a first time for everything.
edit on 27-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I never knew anyone who went to a politician’s tweets for facts.

Right on.
But it seems that there is a certain element who hangs on his every word. Thus, this thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Right on.
But it seems that there is a certain element who hangs on his every word. Thus, this thread.

There is a certain element that hangs on his every word, but only after it’s been ripped from its context and padded with a narrative by a biased press, all of whom supported the opposing candidate.
edit on 27-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

There is a certain element that hangs on his every word, but only after it’s been ripped from its context and padded with a narrative by a biased press, all of whom supported the opposing candidate.

So, now what comes from the horse's ass is truth? What about this?

Do you pay attention to his tweets or not?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

So, now what comes from the horseass'es mouth is good? What about this?

You wanted a filter, and it looks like the filter you chose can pick and choose what you need to hear and what you don’t need to hear.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

And Trump hates the the media and lies as much as they do.
Very directly and to our faces.

Which is your opinion to which you are entitled even if you have no proof.

Trump's campaign promises such as build the wall, locking Hillary up, repealing the ACA, ending ISIS, etc etc are all just opinions, then.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

So, now what comes from the horseass'es mouth is good? What about this?

You wanted a filter, and it looks like the filter you chose can pick and choose what you need to hear and what you don’t need to hear.

I take it straight from where it comes from. A place where the sun don't shine. I take it for what it is. Crap. Unadulterated.

It is he who lacks a filter. He speaks and lies without thought. He is a fool. The OP thinks that is admirable.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join