It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I thought music was dead...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
...but somehow, someway, someone resurrected it.

edit on 26-9-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Progressive funklicious jazzercize...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

What is it that you like specifically? The tempo and a sax? You might want to check out Moon Hooch.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I like the funk and jazz elements, but mostly the sudden changes in tempo. A lot of 90's metal bands use that sudden tempo change.

BTW, awesome videos. Thanks.

edit on 26-9-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: added comment

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If you enjoy electronic music too, Grimes is pretty good. Her music has a 90's feel to it.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
ok, well I am hooked. This blend of styles works really well to my ear. So if I want to her more of this on my pandora, do I search for funky jazz or jazz funk or something?? Maye I should just type their names, these tunes were all pretty cool, knower and moon hooch!

I swear knower has a similar rhythm to it s a Black Eyed peas song I barely remember,

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I stumbled upon that tiny desk concert of Moom Hooch during a tdc playlist while cleaning the house one day. I was speechless. Talented folks for sure.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
oh yea, I got Grimes on my list already. Rediscovered her like two years back, although I recall hearing the tunes from further back.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I discovered Moon Hooch while binge watching Tiny Desk Concerts on YouTube.
As for the genre. Hmmm.. tricky. I might consider acid jazz though from song to song, some of these bands slide between genres.

Speaking of acid jazz and If you guys don't mind, I'll try to introduce you to a couple others. One of my all time favorites, Thievery Corporation. I don't even know where to start with them. They've got a song for every mood and every occasion. Here's a couple at random. They've been around since the 90's and they've got a *ton* of good tracks.

A band I've been digging a lot of on recently is Bad Bad Not Good. They're young, talented, they've been around for a few years and they've got a fair amount of out there.

You probably wouldn't think it from the above but they've collaborated with Ghostface Killah, Tyler the Creator and Snoop, among others.

Tons of awesome music in the world.
edit on 2017-9-26 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed

I stumbled upon that tiny desk concert of Moom Hooch during a tdc playlist while cleaning the house one day. I was speechless. Talented folks for sure.

Love me some TDC.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Wow, that's some amazing stuff. Like Portishead, but way better.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I was gonna post BBNG, good choice.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Enjoyed them all.
Thanks

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Portishead is another of my personal favorites actually. I was hooked the first time I heard Sour Times back in '94. The early 90's was a great time to be in high school as far as music goes. That's what got me interested in trip hop and eventually led me to TC a few years later.

But yeah, Portishead is a bit somber for many and I think TC appeals to a broader audience and they've got a much larger discography.

This thread is already loading slow with all the video embeds. If I get a chance I'll post a music thread about trip hop.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Really good

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I love trip hop. I cant get enough of it. One of my all time favorites is the Fight Club soundtrack by the (Real) Dust Brothers.

top topics

join