It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surely I am not the only one who can see what Trump is doing here RE North Korea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I am going to stray from the "obvious and dumb", because I was stationed there.

North Korea is no joke. The "Norks" believe that they can destroy Seoul in a single day with their artillery... and they are probably correct in that assessment.

If a full scale war breaks out on the Korean peninsula, millions will die. That is the cold, hard truth.

The reason that we are at this precipice? Ask the Clintons, the Bushes and Obama. They placated his family regime for decades.

They were trying to keep him from doing what he is doing NOW. And they were successful. He wasn't doing all this crap (the nuke crap) when any of those people were in office. I know he rants and raves and acts like a suicidal fool, but he's never been this bad before. Trump is provoking him, and I don't see how anybody can think that's a good thing.

It's just not. And you seem to know that better than most.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

North Korea is no joke. The "Norks" believe that they can destroy Seoul in a single day with their artillery

And the US can obliterate NKs artillery in the blink of an eye
Some folks sound just like the ignorant media proclaiming Iraq had the 3rd largest army in the world and how tough it would be.
Turned that 3rd largest army into a rabble that was surrendering to embedded reporter's jeeps.
NK doesnt even rank in the top 20
Over before it starts.

edit on 9/26/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

North Korea is no joke. The "Norks" believe that they can destroy Seoul in a single day with their artillery... and they are probably correct in that assessment.

It's been said by American Generals, it will only take 45 seconds for North Korea to bombard South Korea with their artillery. South Koreans are the most vulnerable no matter which side starts an attack. If I lived in South Korea, I would be leaving for a long vacation with my family to Australia.

That is a very accurate assessment. The NORKs have thousands of artillery pieces aimed at Seoul, as we speak... many of those shells are loaded with chemical weapons.

There is no comprehensive plan to evacuate Seoul... millions will die.

That is reality.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

There is no comprehensive plan to evacuate Seoul... millions will die.

There is, however, a comprehensive plan to destroy all the bridges spanning the Han River.

I wouldn't worry too much about what the NORK's artillery 'could' do to Seoul. Those artillery positions are going to be nuked.

I almost feel bad for anyone wearing a North Korean uniform.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Nice job Trump, putting American lives in danger just to show how big your willy is. MAGA!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It's been said by American Generals, it will only take 45 seconds for North Korea to bombard South Korea with their artillery. South Koreans are the most vulnerable no matter which side starts an attack. If I lived in South Korea, I would be leaving for a long vacation with my family to Australia.

I was stationed at OSAN AB. The South Koreans have an insanely capable military.

The South Koreans actually remind me of the Israelis... fierce, capable fighters and unstoppable on their home turf.

No matter what the KJU does, I guarantee he will never break the South.

edit on 26-9-2017 by madmac5150 because: My ducks made me do it

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Exactly, that's how we MAGA, by poking the bear hoping it kills a few people so we can in turn kill it. Such a genius plan, I'm sure those Americans who are killed will be thinking "Good one Trump! You really showed them! Thanks for using us as political fodder!"
edit on 9/26/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Dear leader must have been busy in the last six months.
How else could he have developed a missle program and a nuke program?
You would think those would have taken years of planing.....
Make Korea great again!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Since you were stationed over there I'm you would know. Tell me this, do you think the South Korean military have enough artillery and defensive capability to stop and eliminate any threat from the North?

edit on 26-9-2017 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think it's the other way ahead. Hence why the rhetoric out of North Korea has amplified since Trump took office. They see Trump as a hot head they can goad into a preemptive strike thus making the perceived "bad guys", North Korea, the victim on the world stage. They know if Trump did do something it would be a pin prick without any serious consequences like with what took place in the Syria strike. Thus justifying their nuclear & cyber warfare programs and potentially bringing their allies back into their good graces.

In summation, Trump is the one getting played.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

That's sad, you have to wonder if our President is willing to take on the responsibility for the million of South Korean lives that will be lost if we attack North Korea. I surely couldn't live with myself knowing my decision caused the loss of so many innocent lives. There will be many innocent North Korean lives being wiped out. All because of a self-absorbed dictator.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think President Trump is drawing a line in the dirt rather than pay a bribe. Step over the line, get knocked on your ass. It works in real life.
edit on 26-9-2017 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

I would say retaliating is pretty justified and not adolescent behaviour at all in the grand scheme of things

It isn't retaliation when one is picking a fight with another. It's escalated "tit for tat".

He is goading Kim back so Kim attacks first. This is why he is shouting out words like Rocket man and Destroy North Korea.

Again, we need the grown-ups!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

All because of a self-absorbed dictator.

Which one, the short one or orange one?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Since you were stationed over there I'm you would know. Tell me this, do you think the South Korean military have enough artillery and defensive capability to stop and eliminate any threat from the North?

No, they don't.

...but we do.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

I heard a general in a press on CNN conference say they were, "ready in case of provocation, or conflict".

"Or conflict" translates to we are going to start it. They'll still blame North Korea though. The US always does that.

The truth be damned, False Flag Awaaay!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

No, they don't.

...but we do.

You know how long it wold take to run airstrikes on 15000 hardened artillery and rocket positions along the border alone?

What a crack up. Go ahead dumbbees, start another war, this time with China.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
With the combined air force of Japan, USA and South and Australia coming in for support a few hours behind, I think we could fairly well get it done in a matter of days. Yes, we understand that there will be planes falling out of the sky like the days of old, but it would not be earth shattering numbers.
I think we could avoid all this though if we just take out his next rocket test that flies in the direction of Japan. Like if it even goes within 50 miles of their nautical border we shoot it down anyways before it has a chance to breach the maritime border.

This would demonstrate our seriousness on the matter effectively without loss of life by ceasing their terroristic threats to the Japanese with these launches. If Kim takes life after not losing life, well then destiny will be breaking down his door and returning him to the dust of the Earth from which we were all made.

Besides, the equipment cannot be hardened AND mobile AND engaged all at the same time. They have to shift positions and reload. The logistics of sustaining all of those pieces beyond a initial salvo will not work in North Korea's favor longer than six hours or so. That is not nearly enough time to destroy Seoul with conventional arms even with five figure artillery numbers all firing at the same time. 15,000 seems like bug number, it really does. But then you need to remember most of them are not firing shells that can destroy an entire structure with even the best placed shots. They will be blowing out walls, and tearing through roofs, cratering some streets. But none of the buildings are coming down from one shot.
I mean #, we have all seen what five years of # has done to Aleppo, Mosul, Damascus, Yemen Gaza etc etc ...
Massive developed urban metropolis have a sheer volume and density of structures that only when tasked with destroying it all does one realize how difficult that actually is with traditional shells. Well maybe not difficult, but time consuming. The GCC have been at Yemen for two years now, yet they still stand. The cities are still there, and not even hundreds of thousands are dead, but soon may be.

The primary targets of those artillery will be military, infrastructure and transit targets, not so much civilian. In order to level the city, they would have to forego very necessary targets that pose and actual threat of retaliation, not the local mall or apartments. Therefore doing so would actually make it easier and quicker to neutralize the siege with haste. From start to finish in a situation as I see it, I don't think the exchange of hostilities would go longer than 20 days.
edit on 9-26-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

With the combined air force of Japan, USA and South and Australia coming in for support a few hours behind, I think we could fairly well get it done in a matter of days.

They always say that s***. We are still mired in conflict in Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria. The Pentagons morale is waning, they need a new place to conquer.

Poor guys they just can't get a break.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
We are only mired in conflict in Afghanistan, and boy do we have plans coming up for that place just you wait.
Iraq is Iraq's problem for the most part. We kind of just doing whatever we want there right now. They wanted to take control of their destiny, they got it. It looks like they will be able to take exactly what they came for mostly in Syria with how quickly the SDF made a sudden dash to Eastern Deir ezZor. Now Syria is simply going to follow the Euphrates to the border on the West side while our proxy army seizes everything to the East up to the border.

Plus, we have had over 50,000 troops combined stationed out there for decades in the Pacific. They are not tired from multiple deployments, as they have been relatively inactive at their posts relative to our other engagements. They are ready and capable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join