It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Election Results: U.S. Senate Primary Runoff in Alabama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
NYTimes Link

Alabama votes today in the Republican runoff to fill the United States Senate seat vacated by Jeff Sessions, now the attorney general. Polls close at 8 p.m. Eastern. The winner will face the Democratic nominee, Doug Jones, a former United States attorney, on Dec. 12.

Looks like from early results Judge Roy Moore is doing well. I hope he wins. I'm tired of timid Republicans. I don't get why Trump backed Strange, must be some favor to Sessions. It would seem Moore and Trump would be kindred spirits.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Mitch McConnell pumped money into Strange getting elected. Thus my support for Moore!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Mitch McConnell pumped money into Strange getting elected. Thus my support for Moore!

Figures ...Strange better lose. It's embarrassing to be a Republican and hate the leaders of the Senate and House so much as I do.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

WTching guest O Reilly on Hannity Show. Moore called Winner!! His pulling a small revolver really freaked out the MSM talking heads.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Trump backed Strange. Moore has been referred to as the 'American Taliban.' Winners all-around!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
McConnell backed Moore. Right?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: carpooler

Times already giving Moore the win. Outstanding.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Nope, he backed Strange.

If only Rand could run against Mitch.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: carewemust
Nope, he backed Strange.

If only Rand could run against Mitch.

Then why did Trump back Strange? OMG..I'm having a Mandella moment. Help....

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Was hoping to see/hear TheRednecks thoughts on this.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
A choice between a Theocratic, unconstitutional bigot or a lapdog crooked crony who slimed his way into the position...

No matter who wins, the people of Alabama and the U.S. lose.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

My thoughts?

ALABAMA DESERVES MOORE!

I have nothing concrete against Strange, but I have always had this bad feeling about him. I just don't trust him. Roy Moore, on the other hand... I might not agree with him on every single issue, but I can trust Judge Moore to do exactly what he says he will do. Even when it costs him personally.

I'll admit, though, the magnitude of Moore's win surprised me. I expected it to be closer, especially with the recent Trump rally (which was not far from me, incidentally. I have a close friend who attended and showed me some pictures of Trump he took tonight). Trump is hugely popular here, and Strange is a pretty accomplished politician. I thought he might put up a more serious fight.

I know what the MSM will try to do now... they'll claim that this was a referendum on Trump's popularity and how Moore's win shows Trump's popularity is declining. It's a lie. We knew the two better than Trump did, because both have been all over the Alabama political field for some time. We disagreed with Trump's choice. That's not the same as disagreeing with Trump's policies.

Plus, considering Judge Roy's track record of taking liberals to the carpet, I really want to see what happens the first time he walks into the Senate chamber. I hope the MSM is recording; Elizabeth Warren's head is going to literally explode a'la Men in Black. We sent the meanest, most vicious, toughest, hanging judge in the state to Washington DC!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I think trump backed strange as an appeasment to establishment republicans.

And I think it was a bad idea.

But if anything, to me this shows the movement to elect trump wasn't about trump, it was about being tired of the establishment.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Ha!! There ye be!!

I know what the MSM will try to do now... they'll claim that this was a referendum on Trump's popularity and how Moore's win shows Trump's popularity is declining. It's a lie. We knew the two better than Trump did, because both have been all over the Alabama political field for some time. We disagreed with Trump's choice. That's not the same as disagreeing with Trump's policies.

I thought Trump backed Moore and Mconnel backed Strange? Well, regardless, this will be spun as a detriment to Trump, there you are surely correct. Even if he is, that is good for Alabama by my estimation.

Thanks for perspective!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

In that rally, Trump said why he backed Strange: because Strange, unlike many others, was on board with voting for the healthcare mess without asking for any personal favors. I think Strange, being such a smooth politician, simply pulled the wool over Trump's eyes. In contrast, Moore doesn't usually seek a spotlight.. the spotlight tends to seek him. Better the devil you know, and all that.

But you're right about one thing: Trump's popularity is not because he is Donald J. Trump. It's because Donald J. Trump isn't going to DC to be another of the 'gang' that have raped our country for so many years. He's our champion as long as he's fighting against the status quo; if he ever turns establishment, we'll find another champion. Roy Moore is going to DC because he won't cowtow to the powers that be; if he ever does, he'll be fighting for his political life too.

That's what the MSM and the radical left don't get... they're fighting a man, when the idea is their problem. If Trump were to fall, another maverick would take his place. It started with Ross Perot way back when, and kept getting stronger through people like Herman Cain. Trump was the one in place when the movement matured. This is simply about the people taking their country back, not about Donald Trump or even Roy Moore.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
THANK YOU ALABAMA!!!!

Nice kickstart into SWAMP DRAINING 2018 midterms....

America RISES....

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Trump, Pence, and McConnell were backing Strange. Palin, Bannon, and Hannity were backing Moore.

McConnell reportedly dumped a ton of money into this campaign, and I can see why. He doesn't have to know Strange well, because EVERYONE knows Roy Moore! The judge who dared anyone to make him take the copy of the Ten Commandments off his courtroom wall. The guy who declared void the Supreme Court ruling forcing Alabama to recognize gay marriage in direct opposition to a Constitutional Amendment, instructing the Probate judges across Alabama they were to ignore it. Yeah, McConnell knows of Moore. And McConnell knows he can't control Roy Moore... no one can. You might as well be trying to herd cats.

(As an aside, I have some serious RL issues right now that have been taking much of my time. Tonight is one of a precious few moments of relative sanity that I manage to acquire... let's all hope they start coming around more often.)

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Nice to see you again Jack! And I'm mighty glad you approve.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Nothing like seeing a trifecta of BIG money losing their Ossoff

Clinton, Ossoff, Strange... Nice to see the SILENT MAJORITY rise up to end this madness...

2018 is going to be wonderful

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
A choice between a Theocratic, unconstitutional bigot or a lapdog crooked crony who slimed his way into the position...

No matter who wins, the people of Alabama and the U.S. lose.

Amen, baby. Amen! Doug Jones for U.S. Senate! That's the ticket!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join