It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Operation Inherent Resolve Video That Is Terrifying ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This is a terrific video of naval ops by VFA-31 on the Aircraft Carrier George H. W. Bush. Lots of F-18 and Predater footage and even a little formation work with a Sukhoi. What amazes me is the change in technology since I was expending ordinance in SE Asia. They have pinpoint targeting and the bombs are actually hitting what they aim at. Our bombs were so dumb that we, before takeoff, had to call a JAG officer to get a guardian appointed for them. Since the early F-4s didn't have guns, there was no need for a gunsight. And since it was designed as a high altitude interceptor and not a low level (and I mean LOW level bomber) bomb sights were not included in the list of factory options.Apparently ISIS doesn't have much in the way of effective antiaircraft defenses. The NVA had 7,658 Rusian SA-2 (S-75) SAMs and decent 37mm AAA.

www.funker530.com...
edit on 9/26/17 by FredT because: Edited to add link to OP

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
No video? Post the URL and someone will help out

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

Link please.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

Sorry. I can napalm the hell out of Asia but can't post worth a lick. Try www.funker530.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I edited your OP to add the link. The use of "Sooner or later God'll cut you down" is perfect and I'm an atheist LOL

At the 825 mark they show the shootdown of the Su-22.
edit on 9/26/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

First and foremost, YouTube has been striking this video down left and right. We found a stable link, and are saving a backup of the video on our end in the event this version is taken down as well. If that happens, someone please let us know so we can get another version of the video hosted.

Youtube is super censoring since the beginning of the year. Like maximum overdrive double extreme censorship. I will try to get it uploaded on my account with age restriction, I find they are less prone to removing videos with that feature. Embedding in the thread bypasses the requirement for it.

Ok I got it up, but we lost the audio! The message I got was that YT did not recognize the audio format, but processed it anyways. I have the actual file so I can try again if anybody knows how do I address this matter.

edit on 9-26-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Cruise videos are the best

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It would be magnitudes better if I can figure how to get the audio uploaded with the video.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Sorry but can anyone help with what music was being played, especially in the first few minutes ?

Edit: ignore that I found what I was looking for
edit on 26-9-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

Another edit: it's videos like these that if I had one wish I'd time travel back to when I was in school and followed my dreams of becoming a pilot. I just didn't try hard enough but now I'm older and I see how life works I'm absolutely gutted that I didn't chase the dream I wanted. Now I have to live with that regret but a lesson I tell to my younger family members. One day I'm gonna pay to have a ride in a fast jet .. and it's gonna bring a tear to my eye
edit on 26-9-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
Sorry but can anyone help with what music was being played, especially in the first few minutes ?

Edit: ignore that I found what I was looking for

Another edit: it's videos like these that if I had one wish I'd time travel back to when I was in school and followed my dreams of becoming a pilot. I just didn't try hard enough but now I'm older and I see how life works I'm absolutely gutted that I didn't chase the dream I wanted. Now I have to live with that regret but a lesson I tell to my younger family members. One day I'm gonna pay to have a ride in a fast jet .. and it's gonna bring a tear to my eye

One option for you is a tourist flight in a Mig 29 in Russia. See, www.flymigsokol.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
It would be magnitudes better if I can figure how to get the audio uploaded with the video.

www.youtube.com... working fine for me.

Love the part at around 9:24 where they are pulling maneuvers near the carrier.
And the Sukhoi in the IRST at the 13 mark is way cool
and the credits at the end. You have to feel for the guy whose callsign is 'pissJug"
edit on 9/26/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I think that the closest I'm going to get but at 17,500 Euros I'm going to have to start saving my hard earned pennies. I'm the sort of person who'd rather spend that money on a flight in a MiG rather than spend that on a car. Thanks for the link

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

South Africa you can go up in a English Electric Lightning!!! Thunder city

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woody510
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

South Africa you can go up in a English Electric Lightning!!! Thunder city

I thought it had closed, heard no more Lighting flights :-(

Some of those were cruise missile strikes right? What platform is filming, a RQ-170?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Thought Rq-170 was a lot better quality..Still looks very Desert Storm in resolution...
Thunder City had a bad fatality when a Lightening went in with a pilot a few years ago.Ejection seat failed and questions about maintenance procedures where asked..
edit on 27-9-2017 by Blackfinger because: added

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
ahh ok that was not the one I uploaded. You should embed that as mine still has no audio.

edit on 9-27-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

Probably an IRST pod on a wingman.

top topics

join