It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Army

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Macron is the president of France, not the King of Europe. This is just him distracting people from his current low polling numbers. Or, if it's anything more sincere, it doesn't have much "oomph" to it.

He can declare he is a poached egg and demand a slice of buttered toast upon which to recline, it doesn't mean it's going to happen.

As for joint military forces, the UK is already a member of two: The United Nations peacekeeping taskforce and NATO. Hysteria about either of those? Not seen any, myself.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I know, I also know the center of power is BELGIUM,anyway .
But we SHOT down the carbon tax ,so they're screwed.
THE UN ?...I think if it ISN'T fixed, YOU will all pay more later,if you DON'T pay now.
WE ARE practically NATO, unless YOUR asses want to challenge China's expansion...OH wait NEVER mind..COMMUNISTS are POPULAR with CASTE raised groups,APPARENTLY so is Islam, sorry everyone in Europe.
But they still HALTED Russia from ...NO, we do THAT too.
LETS see what precious NATO does when we finish their war in Korea OR was THAT the ever pitiful UN?
I doubt I'll be impressed.
edit on 26-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Day one plan. This was explained a few years back that it was the ultimate goal to have an EU army under the control of an EU President much in the same way that the US armed forces are under the charge of the President. It has been a goal because it is the only way to stamp out any unwanted over turning of the EU's stranglehold - uh I mean, grip on Europe and the hardest part is that we (the UK) have been the only major power carrying country that kept this from happening, no other major country spoke against this as much as the UK, no other country voted down or stopped it from being discussed as we did and now that we're gone, smaller countries who feared being forced to take on the euro as their currency, allowing an EU controlled armed force to be in their country and having none themselves, will now have to face the fact that the EU has the ultimate goal of control.

Just a question: (Hopefully not getting removed) wasn't this sort of a Nazi/Hitler plan? I'm sure I saw it on the History channel (can't get better true sourced information lol) that Hitler wanted a united Europe until his control with a Nazi army in every country? I'm asking genuinely not to be rude.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

What am I missing here? Why is this such a horrible idea? How is this worse than 50 western states having a united military?

Honest question.

What you're missing is the States the make up the US aren't each individual sovereign nations.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Hitler wanted a united Europe until his control with a Nazi army in every country?

Yup.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I only understood the first sentence of that, and it was wrong anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
Just a question: (Hopefully not getting removed) wasn't this sort of a Nazi/Hitler plan? I'm sure I saw it on the History channel (can't get better true sourced information lol) that Hitler wanted a united Europe until his control with a Nazi army in every country? I'm asking genuinely not to be rude.

Yes, and don't think that this hasn't been noticed.

While the nominal capitol of the EU is in Belgium, everybody knows that the decisions get made in Germany. The ultimate end-game of the EU is basically the establishment of a Fourth Reich, and Macron is apparently willing to be the president of Occupied France.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

What am I missing here? Why is this such a horrible idea? How is this worse than 50 western states having a united military?

Honest question.

What you're missing is the States the make up the US aren't each individual sovereign nations.

So them being sovereign nations is what makes it bad?

What if the conservative dream of state sovereignty in the US came true? Would they then want to dismantle our national military?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
He can suggest it all he wants, it's never gonna happen.

And the UK is already a member of the UN Peacekeeping force and NATO, and we don't have kittens about surrendering our sovereignty to those.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Macron is trying to become the most hated French leader since Marshal Petain apparently.

He's already doing worse in the popularity department than any of his predecessors in the past 20 years.

I think if the European Oligarchy attempts to force submission (which they will call federalisation) they will face widespread rebellion. People outside of Germany will not stand for it.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

it wouldnt matter the Russians could keep up a guerilla hit and run strategy forever that would be every bit as frustrating as Afganistan.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Honest question.

So them being sovereign nations is what makes it bad?

What if the conservative dream of state sovereignty in the US came true? Would they then want to dismantle our national military?

That's a mischaracterization. Nobody advocates for that except a few fringe groups like the ones that want Texas to secede from the union. I'd point out there are left-wing groups that want the same for California too.

The point is the independent nations of Europe are, well, independent nations. I don't think most of the citizens of the respective nations want to become a United States of Europe.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
An EU defence force against what exactly? We haven't gone back to the days of world war 2 where we have large battle fronts stretching across Europe.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

It's true that there isn't (currently) a threat to any of the outermost nations of the EU, which is where a land-based assault would occur. But, like taking out insurance, by the time the emergency happens it's too late to prepare for it.

I think it's a reasonably sound idea. Say "Hostile Power A" decides to have a go at Ruritania. Ruritania joined the EU in 2022, having just scraped in by tweaking its GDP figures. Its major exports are pickled dill and polka music.

Ruritania's army consists of just over 15,000 uniforms and 3,000 civilian reserves. Ruritania might hold out for a week, if the weather stays good.

Meantime, the EU nations immediately abutting Ruritania are in a bit of a quandry. Do they step in or stay back? This sort of thing led directly to the First World War, with one nation being dragged in after another, until no-one understood what was going on any more.

With a co-ordinated EU force, there wouldn't be any such ditherings. As with NATO, an attack on one is an attack on all. Ruritania can sleep soundly, knowing that although it might be a military pipsqueak, the local bullies will steer clear because Papa Germany and Uncle France will be on their case if they try any funny stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Didn't John Titor predicted that there will be a unified European Army?

*takes out popcorn*

This should be good

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Now I will fortell the future via my crystal ball:

This force will slowly evolve into a non European mercenary force...while native Europeans will be shuffled into bloated international police forces.

Bloated and weakened by purposely built bureaucracy meant to stifle independance from and nurture obedience to; federal authority.

That will be in contrast to the ever growing privileges of the "Foreign legion" /EU army.

Half of what I say will be true in 25 years, the rest 50 years later. 25 years after that its a hundred, so something cool will happen then. You'll see.

edit on 9 26 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThePeaceMaker
An EU defence force against what exactly? We haven't gone back to the days of world war 2 where we have large battle fronts stretching across Europe.

You need to look outside the literal setting up of an EU military. There is the economic driver to equip such a force and France has a good sized arms industry that needs investment in the next generation of arms. For example, we have already seen announcements that the EU will collaborate on a new Typhoon/Rafael replacement.

The combined defence spending of the EU states - even without the UK - is a fantastically large sum. The economies of scale and room to rationalise make good economic sence. Popping out of talk of an EU military you will get defence mergers, all run by the Germans and French of course. I bet France get the aircraft while Germany get the armour; Italy will make the boots and Spain will provide the uniforms.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Just asking you to consider this. It's not all paranoid the EU want to take over the world. It is guarding freedom. The UK will benefit from it, too and I am sure they will end up contributing even to some extent as allies.

As a big believer in the idea that history ends up repeating itself, the UK invariably ends up guarding freedom... from European armies.

Thank God that the US has been prepared to step in and help us in the past, otherwise Europe would currently be dominated by Ger... huh, well, fancy that.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: Revolution9

Just asking you to consider this. It's not all paranoid the EU want to take over the world. It is guarding freedom. The UK will benefit from it, too and I am sure they will end up contributing even to some extent as allies.

As a big believer in the idea that history ends up repeating itself, the UK invariably ends up guarding freedom... from European armies.

Thank God that the US has been prepared to step in and help us in the past, otherwise Europe would currently be dominated by Ger... huh, well, fancy that.

Yeah, but if the U.S. hadn't lied to wipe out millions of Muslims and steal all the resources from their countries, maybe Europe wouldn't need protecting.

But then, how much was Europe hoodwinked into going along with U.S. hegemony?

Additionally, if you want to talk casualty numbers, if you include South America as well the MIddle East, I don't think there's a huge disparity between those killed directly by the Nazi's to those killed by the U.S. in the subsequent decades since WW2, both were and are evil regime's.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Truth be told Europe has actually had an Army made up of people from different countries within the past century.

These folks

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join