It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cannot Believe My Eyes !!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
I like this post.

I think of things in three basic separate realities.

One is the measurable world of science. This is where the confirmation of my beliefs come from.

Two is the philosophical which uses logic to decipher ontological questions.

Three is psychic/intuition. The type of knowledge that comes from silence rather than thinking. I don't mean psychic like palm reader x men but something perhaps coded that can be picked up.

Essentially in physics we are starting to think of packets of information that spread. The exchange of these information packets is mysterious. Virtual particles and entanglement etc. It's quite possible we are very off in our concept of reality.

In my speculatory scyfy brain I start thinking if these myths of old from Zeus to Brahma are talking about a knowledge of dimensions that was lost. Is it possible these characters came through and seemed well,..out of this world.

Sometimes it baffles me.to think the same human learning how to trap and gather 200k years ago could create computers. The same brain, same hands. You could teach a factory full of humans from 200k years from children age on and would probably be able to produce computers with those people.

The thing they lacked was the knowledge that is all...

So what happens in a cataclysm if no engineed survive? Or not enough biologists?

Do you start over?

that is a very interesting point..how would we start over ?
would knowledge become lost to us if we survived an apocalyptic event, but all of our technology was gone ?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There are non human intelligences with exotic means of transport.
For what it's worth, I can make that statement with first-hand honesty.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: cosmickat

Well written post S&F ...Its become quite obvious to me that there are many school's of thought about stuff . Someone holding to the standard definitions within the scientific field will come to chose one of the many and run with it .I find it both amusing and actually enjoyable hearing some of the bizarre and shunned theories because it can allow you to take a step back and question ...

Rupert Sheldrake discovery that the speed of light not being a constant is a big problem imo . Not saying I agree with his theory but it does give me enough room to pull away from the scientific consensus . Some models like the electric universe is a great home for my mind when wondering about some of the strange things we see ...

I wont say Aliens but it just might be electrical one way or another .

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This is what I mean with start over. Like gathering berries since there are no seeds banks left or local to the survivors...

No blacksmith makes it alive,...

What if it's only a group of indigenous able to survive e lack of technology?

Or Amish?

What if we work with that model an estimate of mankind population 75k years after the mutation of modern man assuming they have Roman level tech or possibly greater but smaller scale population. Then a giant event. Astroid,..solar whatever...How many humans are too many to re enter foraging culture and just die off in the next years...

But on a different track what if humans also had the knowledge of dimensions early on by some way of a quired the knowledge geater than there own? What if something with knowledge greater than human knowledge on earth 1 crossed over with their knowledge of dimensions. Do these bible stories have some kind of science that got lost by superstition tribalism?

What is knowledge? Or information? Does it also act like energy? Is energy a packet of informarion?

Should we be looking for codes? Physics has gone to some far off places in the last 60 years.

While dimensions in physics may not be modeled this way they are just a shot in the dark for mathematical symmetry anyway. It doesn't mean there aren't other meanings.
edit on 26-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier
I would like to think that if we got wiped back to the stone age, that we would have learned a lesson about working against the planet instead of with it.

Living is not about skyscrapers and the internet. True joy and harmony comes from working with the land and each other.

I would like to dream that if we got a do over that we would get it right this time.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The eyes-mind connection is only part of it.

I call it "narrative" because in many ways it is a story. Even if it is only one you tell yourself! The story has within it "cause and effect" otherwise known as Aristotelian logic. Strange lights in the sky + "seeing with your own eyes" = narrative. "Hey John! Check it out! I saw a UFO!" There is a collapse of experience and your experience is an after thought. The whole thing is converted into language to share, discuss, argue, etc.

Robert Anton Wilson calls it a "reality tunnel" or, later on in life, "belief system." Using a little guerilla ontology as only RAW can do, he claimed, "my belief system, BS, is not better than your BS! Just different!"

Stepping back from framing your experience in your BS and comparing it to other's narratives opens you to "meta narratives" about experiences. People experience, "saucers" while others, "big black triangles", still other "orange orbs", or "globes of light". The cynical skeptic says your mind is screwed up, or, even more d@mning, "All UFOs are mental only." I find that BS to be too dogmatic which leads to dumbness (see RAW for quotes on that!). Why not more RAW thinking? Some UFOs are theirs, some are ours, some may be dimensional, some may be mental projections, while others are misidentified regular objects (the "blurd" for example). That seems a more logical approach than staying dumb by ignoring other people's experiences!

Meta narratives, narratology, experience, language, eyes, and mind are all needed to try to figure this out!

Did you notice you quoted Shakespeare? One of the best narrators we've ever had!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I sort of agree that we do close our minds off to the supernatural..wonder why that is. Are we conditioned to do that ?

We have to learn to crawl before we can walk, or fly!

So we are born into this world, then we die and are 'born' into the next. 9 months in the womb proceeds this life which some compare to another womb gestation, before being born again, into the next life.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

So we are born into this world, then we die and are 'born' into the next. 9 months in the womb proceeds this life which some compare to another womb gestation, before being born again, into the next life.

What has often struck me is how the birth experience is so similar to NDE ! and I don't think it is a coincidence at all.

Singularity

thanks for all the interesting input...lots of stuff to think about.

Just as a further thought.....
Was reading up on people who are blind from birth and how they dream, most dream of notions involving the other 4 senses, and emotions, as opposed to visual. And this made me think about if we are all connected, part of The One, which I do subscribe to, ...then why does their mind not have some visual residue, that would run across their subconscious in a kind of play back mode, giving them a ' visual ' dream ?
I would imagine that if there is a type Akashic record of everything that ever was or will be, that our spiritual self would be plugged into it...and though there are people who cannot see in this waking life their minds would still see while dreaming.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Just as a further thought.....
Was reading up on people who are blind from birth and how they dream, most dream of notions involving the other 4 senses, and emotions, as opposed to visual. And this made me think about if we are all connected, part of The One, which I do subscribe to, ...then why does their mind not have some visual residue, that would run across their subconscious in a kind of play back mode, giving them a ' visual ' dream ?
I would imagine that if there is a type Akashic record of everything that ever was or will be, that our spiritual self would be plugged into it...and though there are people who cannot see in this waking life their minds would still see while dreaming.

Love to see a download of blind peoples dreams.

I agree wth the record of humanity experience. Science has proved the brain is a mass storage device, always on record. Would seem a waste not to preserve that.

I don't quite agree that we are all one mind. We are individuals, that will be preserved too. But we can be as one over there, that will be better than sex. I further think that past lives memories are our ancestors, family, guides, guardians whatever, that share with us in our sleep.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
For all we know, were biomechanical an bioelectrical characters living in a scripted RTS game of energy exhanges, and the Ufo phenemon the giant mouse or hand over our heads.

Right hand click for yes, all the while left hand click all trouble shooting.
O if Illidan Stormrage could only reach his hand out to grab the player by the throat like it were a looney toons getting pissed off at the writer.
edit on 27-9-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
From the Shamans path....

In the grand scheme of things we are cosmic infants, primitive and selfish. Our five senses are just basic tools to help us make sense of our environment. We can't understand what we can't perceive.

However the "Doors of Perception" will swing wide if you have the keys.
edit on 27-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
It is like dreaming about a Tenrec. If you don't know what it is, and you have never seen one, you can't dream about it.

When I changed career fields, on request. I was placed in an area that was in its infancy, and we were building it from the ground up. The most challenging part of the job was realizing that you did not know, what you did not know. There was no foundation, no standard. Everything was hit or miss, trial and error.

I find flying by the seat of my pants stimulating. There is nothing more freeing than being able to openly admit, and accept, that you don't know anything. It is particularly refreshing when everyone else has to admit that they don't know either.

Approaching a challenge with an open curious mind, and being open to all possibilities, allows for the development of some amazing things. Admittedly some of those things may end up being amazing screw ups, but all of it is part of the experience of learning.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It is like dreaming about a Tenrec. If you don't know what it is, and you have never seen one, you can't dream about it.

People dream about places they have never been all the time. Meet people they don't know, do amazing things.

A lot of that is from experience during waking life, at times mixed up. The mind works on problems, even in sleep.

Dreaming can also involve the spirit and spirit realm. In sleep we are closer to that part of ourselves. The real us, our soul, that most people have no idea about, because they are so conditioned to the world, its endless material goals and pursuits, and endless struggle to 'succeed'.

Meh, I gave all that up when I was still a kid. Oh I went along into adult hood, because there is seemingly little choice.... or is there?

Depends on what you are satisfied with. And how 'programmed' you are.
edit on 28-9-2017 by intrptr because: spelling, change

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

People dream about places they have never been all the time. Meet people they don't know, do amazing things.

Of course your imagination can dream up places and things that, as far as we know, have never existed.

What I was trying to explain was that everything that we do imagine or dream up, is built on what we have already been exposed to.

Example. If I told you I saw a Dowitcher yesterday. If you didn't know what a Dowitcher was, or had never seen one, you could guess that it was an animal. You could tell someone else that I told you I saw a Dowitcher, but if asked by that someone what is a Dowitcher, or asked to describe it, you would not be able to do it.

Now by guessing that it was indeed an animal, you could in your mind's eye create an image, based solely on images your mind has already stored. But it would not likely be very accurate.

Our brain is constantly storing images, real and manufactured. Our brain uses that database to help us recognize and to safely maneuver in this world. It does not, without some deliberate effort, formulate images of things that we have never been exposed to by our senses or learning.

I know I am doing a lousy job of explaining it. It is hard to understand something that you have not seen, tasted, smelled, or touched. The beauty of the imagination is that it can take our basic senses and construct a thought or vision that is not always tangible. The end product is so much more amazing when you think about all of the data that the brain processed and rejects before it settles on one that it decides to keep.

edit on 28-9-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

What I was trying to explain was that everything that we do imagine or dream up, is built on what we have already been exposed to.

Except, Take ancient texts foretelling future events, so many things in there are symbolized in descriptives, because the people that witnessed the future (visions, dreams, spirit realm) from their ancient perspective had no idea what they were looking at.

And if we accept that possibility, then its possible people from all walks of life can 'witness' these kinds of things or events they don't understand that really exist in the real world, the real future world, or the spirit realm.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I try to keep an open mind because I know there are far more things I don't know then things that I do.

Some people think part of the problem with translating most of those text, is that they were basing interpretations and understanding on things that were known of at the time, those things they could relate to, and today we translate them based our knowledge and understanding of what we know today.

I firmly believe there are many things we can't see in our world. Things that fall outside our visual spectrum. I don't think it stops there. I think all of our senses are limit by our brain for the optimal use on this planet, in this world.

I believe possibilities are endless. It just at this time, it is us that are limited.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I believe possibilities are endless. It just at this time, it is us that are limited.

Stay Tuned...

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
decided to start posting on this site to share my experience and understanding, so I will reply to your thread some of my ideas.
When it comes to having conclusions about the universe I have stopped.
I do not believe in the God of the bible or any other religion. I guess that non belief would be a major conclusion I've made about the world comes after once being a believer and deciding that I just didn't believe. I find it hard for me to believe hardly anything told to me whether it would be through religion, standard education, peer to peer relations. I figure that is just apart of my nature.
With that being said there a lot of what I would call assumptions that I feel my peers have made about the world around us that I just concluded were things that I can't make decisions on. For instance even though I was raised believing in a round shaped earth as oppose to a flat earth and I feel it makes since that the planets are in space how I've been taught. I still keep a open mind though for goodness sake. I am a person that have been convinced that 1+1=2 is correct but in the given moment would challenge that to be true.
One thing I feel strongly about is perception and a belief that perceptions is that gateway to how one sees the world. I would go as far to say that the common world we all experience is probably just a decoding and that is only one perception to have. Meaning that the three dimensional universe that we understand would erode a way in a minute with one of the many other perceptions able to be had. How exactly they would look I have no clue because I believe we are currently experiencing life as we do know because our bodies operate in sync with a frequency that is shared by most humans and probably some other life forms.
One may also perceive the world differently by being raised under a certain dogma. Examples are as drastic as being told during brood day light that it is still dark and evening could potentially become convincing enough that the one being brain washed has a altertered perception to see what they are being told. I would expect this to be possible because perception is again the only guiding force and the reality is that our common collective of the shared universe is just a basic shared decoding.

I had on my mind for a while about the fail safe concept. The idea that we live in a simulated universe. With that statement alone I can not even be sure that there are even real people in my life or that I'm typing this for another real human to read. I would not be real either. The simulation that I would be driving would either be a simulation of my past life or I would be like a spy seeking to capture information about the viewers life.
The Fail safe comes in to place because there is the idea that some where planted with in the simulation there is a place to stop the simulation and come back to reality. You may not be able to find the fail safe because you have not been instructed by the creators of the simulation that is ok for the exit strategy, or you have not come across the clues that gives you the memory to access the fail safe when you are ready to exit.
All though this seems far fetched it worries me that this is not the actual reality as of now but the potential of humans as the are currently (organic matter) being forced into a simulation through virtual reality head sets and drugs or a type of implant and probe technique.
I would say the problem with this fail safe idea is that I believe it just not the case but another thing that worries me is that in the future simulation will be used as a technology and there would be more forced simulation. The idea of a future cavitation using simulation to also rediscover the past and try to learn why a certain destruction happened.

Speaking about aliens and space I believe it make since. One way I think though is that I perceive a universe and the galaxy I live in to have space and hanging planets. I perceive galaxies beyond my own that have planets there as well that could have life on them. This is what a lot of us think about the universe. The problem is we have been conditioned to think this way. With that understanding life outside of the planet requires travel to prove its existence. Travel that is at the moment said to be humanly not possible. How ever with a altered perception where you decode life in one of the many realms of understanding you would find there is no space that separates us and that there is such as thing as the need for inter galactic travel.

Concerning the past, present, and future I believe they all simultaneity exist. Though it seems like we are working in a progressive manner towards what seems the future I would contribute that to our shared decoding of the universe in this light.

I have more to share but this is not my thread and I do not want this information just laid to rest. I am replying to throw it out their and to open more conversation.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Goldendragoneye

Thank you for replying. You may be surprised to hear that I share a lot of the theories you have mentioned in your reply.
Specifically..how past, present and future all exist in the " now " this makes sense , in my mind , at least as we only ever exist in the " now " and our pasts and futures are part of us..so part if our now. If that makes sense.
Also..do we exist ? We have a concept of ' being ' but we don't really know where..or when that actually is. So yeah...it follows are we even really here..wherever " here " is.
I would be interested in reading more of your thoughts.
You should expand further...maybe make a thread. All about existence and Time. It'd be a interesting read.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join