It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kneel for the dead?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Hands up, Dont shoot!

730 people have been shot and killed by police in 2017.

Yikes white folks, youre being hunted down systematically or something...

326 "Whites" dead from police shootings in 2017
77 of those were 18-29 years old. 22 of those were diagnosed with Mental illness of some sort.
117 of those were 30-44 years old. 33 of those were diagnosed with Mental illness of some sort.

124 African Americans dead from police shootings in 2017.
69 of those were 18-29 years old. 9 of those were diagnosed with Mental illness of some sort.
55 of those were 30-44 years old. 13 of those were diagnosed with Mental illness of some sort.

Kneel for the dead on your own time, for all of the dead out there. According to the numbers more young white men are dying at the hands of cops, probably for committing a dumb crime. Notice most go up with age.

What are we protesting again? I dont see the numbers here to support such an outrage and social turbulence.

I agree that Trump shouldn't have voiced an opinion but hey, he has a mouth with no filter and thats one reason he was elected.

Thoughts? Flames?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger
It would appear that the white people ought to be rioting.

Why don't they?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Sshhh, you're going to kill the narrative by pointing out facts.

I don't think kneeling will solve anything and I think they're kneeling for the wrong reasons but it's their right and anyone who tries to stop them from doing it or punish them are fascist-like in my opinion.
edit on 9/26/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yeah this is interesting and destroys the narrative.

I don't have exact numbers right off hand but many of these incidents are suicide by cop. It is becoming disturbingly frequent.

Society needs to get back to focusing on the things that really matter, starting with family structure.
The agendas against this are strong but we can all do our own part to start with.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

The agenda to kill the family structure is everywhere, from sending your kids to state funded schools to basically raise them for you to jobs keeping families apart 5 days a week. There's no fixing that unless we go back to the tribal nature we sprouted from.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
add in back in 2008 (just a quick google) there were 765,000 armed police in the US that had arrest powers, how many millions of interactions occur every day between the police and the public without people getting shot or brutalized.

instead of just looking at how many died it needs to be put in perspective, I am not saying the police cannot do better but this is not an epidemic of violence by the police.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If they would stick to one issue I could see a good meaningful movement. The problem is they keep blurring the lines of what the motivation is: first it was hands up don't shoot, then it was black people are being hunted by police, not it is that there is systematic racism and it's not fair.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

It's best to muddy the waters that way there's no cohesive movement. Those in power don't want cohesiveness, they want chaos and confusion.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
But the population of white people is like 999939490378785735454% more than the 0.000035443% population of black people so your stats are rubbish.

Because all white people live in ghettos with the black people, so therefore, the.. wait.. no they dont?

Hmmm, and not all black people live in ghettos either. Crazy, I wonder what the stats are of white ghetto kids and black ghetto kids are..

never mind, that's mental gymnastics. easier to just say #BLM

-- hint: that stats of population numbers mean squat, when you're talking about a demographic. Just for the people who will inevitably come in and bang on about statistics.

OP, your point is valid.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Sshhh, you're going to kill the narrative by pointing out facts.

I don't think kneeling will solve anything and I think they're kneeling for the wrong reasons but it's their right and anyone who tries to stop them from doing it or punish them are fascist-like in my opinion.

I agree, but currently I'm hung up on the willful ignorance to the numbers as if there is a concerted effort to "kill blacks", and then the fact that the protests in question are happening during a private business event(again, private event) that already has regulations in regards to the Anthem and where players should be and shouldn't be.

You have free speech rights, but not at work where they have conduct policies and an HR department LOL!

Public who buys and watches, Advertisers who pay to be seen will have the ultimate vote on if this is acceptable or not.

link   

you got to do it they way they do. they take the numbers and go by the percentage of population.
when in fact it should be number of calls / incidents responded to in which a suspect / detainee was killed.

as another member has already posted, if they went by the latter it would destroy the narrative that more blacks are killed by police than whites.

edit on 26-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: avgguy

Do you really not see how all of these things intertwine?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No I don't, just like I don't see how they won't protest their number on cause of death.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Illumimasontruth

The agenda to kill the family structure is everywhere, from sending your kids to state funded schools to basically raise them for you to jobs keeping families apart 5 days a week. There's no fixing that unless we go back to the tribal nature we sprouted from.

I never agree with you. Till now.

We are a tribal species. No denying that. And we are unfortunately a species forced to co-exist. A lot of good can come from this. But so can a lot of bad.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

If a company decides not to enforce an arbitrary rule them that is their right. If the NFL suspended every player that kneeled during the anthem we'd have a bunch of community college kids playing professional football and no one wants to see that.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I'm glad we can agree on something. Our similarities are much more important than our differences.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
-Day drinking-
edit on 2620170920171 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The protest is not only because of racial injustices but also for police brutality?
Ignorance denied-

edit on 9/26/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

How many of those black "criminals" were arrested for selling or smoking a certain herb though? I'm not saying the majority were, I'm just curious to see how much of a "crime" they committed to make up that number.
edit on 9/26/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

a reply to: badw0lf

I'm glad we can agree on something. Our similarities are much more important than our differences.

Who says the world is collapsing in on itself !!

In darkness we see light!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join