It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Late Night Casualty Someone needs to go.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: MisterSpock

IE: I see 5 white guys on tv, I want to see 2 white guys, a black guy, a transgendered individual and 5th can be dealers choice.

are you talking about just this moment in time or in say the last 15 20 years? if you think back there have been all that you mention.

at least four black guys,
Tavis Smiley, Arsenio Hall, Montell Williams, Trevor Noah, there are others.
women
wendy williams, cheisla handler, samantha bee, joan rivers, there are others both black and white.
transgender
only one that i know of,
rupaul

On late night broadcast TV????

Once again, this is the extremes of social justice. You have to have a very specific targeted set of parameters and of course expect it to represent every possible group........OR ELSE!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Racism has been slowly decreasing over the last forty years. Pushing to reduce it will just force people to choose sides and worsen the chaos. We need to slowly progress in the right direction, not shove things down people's throats. All the protesting is making things worse, we need to use rationalism and solve the problem the right way, lack of patients just stirs up conflicts.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Remember when late night television mainly consisted of a continuous tone and a test pattern?

God, I miss those days.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The "gatekeepers" of this faux racism are white because of white guilt. Plus, it's hard for a black person to shame white people into thinking racism exists everywhere, but if "one of their own" does it, then I suppose that it must be true.

Right?

It's everywhere, right?

Like bedbugs in Cincinnati! Or grass stains on only one knee of an NFL player...

edit on 26-9-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

"The "gatekeepers" if this faux racism are white because of white guilt."

ummm.....what?

Edit: Nevermind, I think if was supposed to be of. I think I got it.

edit on 26-9-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Yep, sorry...fixed it.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Racism has been slowly decreasing over the last forty years. Pushing to reduce it will just force people to choose sides and worsen the chaos. We need to slowly progress in the right direction, not shove things down people's throats. All the protesting is making things worse, we need to use rationalism and solve the problem the right way, lack of patients just stirs up conflicts.

How do you rationally stop lazy cops from shooting first, then asking questions later? The African-American groups are getting angry about people constantly being shot dead in the streets.

Whites are getting angry about trigger-happy cops shooting white people:
edition.cnn.com...
www.theguardian.com...

Pet owners everywhere are getting angry with their pets being killed:
www.ofdogsandmen.net...
puppycidedb.com...
Everyone really needs to join together to see it's the authorities who are allowing this to happen:
edit on 26-9-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

IE: I see 5 white guys on tv, I want to see 2 white guys, a black guy, a transgendered individual and 5th can be dealers choice.

Make the 5th one Milo Yiannopoulous and you've got a deal!

Seriously, though... Did you include Bill Maher and John Oliver?

How about Trevor Noah on Comedy Central? He's a mixed race South African who grew up during apartheid. Too bad he's not even remotely funny, to me anyway.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Yes, on late night TV. As mentioned Trevor Noah is South African. Samantha Bee is female. You obviously haven't seen her show or you would have had a stroke. She's VERY volatile.

ETA:

edit on 26-9-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Tangerine tinted trashcan fire?

Whoa... she has some good writers. The alliteration with the one above is stellar.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I specifically mentioned broadcast tv.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

You are wise not to watch the late night clown shows very often. You would end up brainwashed.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

All the hosts are of course on the right side, meaning they are fighting the good fight with their hollywood brethren. Fighting for equality and against the supremacist.

Whether you are a janitor in Hoboken, a miner in Grunden Va, a mechanic in Chicago or a Late Night television host, disagreeing with White Supremacists is "on the right side".

Occupation has nothing to do with it.

Just one problem, out of 5 shows(that i'm counting, late night or late late, broadcast), they are all WHITE MEN.

White, black, yellow, brown or green..Diagreeing with Racism is "on the right side".

Better yet, which one of these hosts is willing to stand up for their supposed beliefs and STEP ASIDE and let someone from a suppressed group have a voice to their people.

Why would you want anyone to be fired or resign because of their color?

And BTW...Pssst...Oprah Winfrey is indisputably the most successful talk show host to ever live. She is one of the richest women on the planet.

Sidenote: You seem REALLY angry that people are talking about racists in unkind terms.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
We are talking about what passes for a comedy show ??
It always bored me .
But I do recall they have guest from all walks of life they dont care what colors they are only that there is something they can make ( funny )

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: rickymouse

How do you rationally stop lazy cops from shooting first, then asking questions later? The African-American groups are getting angry about people constantly being shot dead in the streets.

Whites are getting angry about trigger-happy cops shooting white people:
edition.cnn.com...
www.theguardian.com...

Pet owners everywhere are getting angry with their pets being killed:
www.ofdogsandmen.net...
puppycidedb.com...
Everyone really needs to join together to see it's the authorities who are allowing this to happen:

So basically, cops are shooting everyone, even the animals. That isn't racism then......my comment was on racism.

The cops shooting more people overall is because society as a general is getting more radical lately. Even around here, the cops shot a few people because they had guns and were threatening to kill people. That did not happen back thirty years ago very often, it is becoming routine here now. Also there are a lot more armed robberies around here now, those were rare before in this area. This is a change, but it is not because of racism, many more people in general are using weapons in robberies and assaults now. So the cops are more apt to shoot someone they see as a possible threat.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Malcolm X wasn't very bright, and if he hadn't been shot he wouldn't be talked about very much these days. Take that "fox and lamb" analogy he uses in that clip. It's automatically set up as "good versus evil" because the lamb is a non-adult herbivore and the fox is a legendarily-wily predator.

Turn that around and Malcolm X is saying that black people are childish and defenceless, and easily outwitted by white people. I don't think he can have intended that subtext, but that's what his analogy requires in order to make sense.

So yeah, it's a biased metaphor that obscures his meaning by use of pastoral imagery, and it actually makes a mockery of his arguments about black empowerment. (And never mind all the religious baggage that's barely concealed in that little clip of interview).

Then he goes on to speak about black figureheads who have "betrayed" black people. Cernovich has underscored this section with clips of present-day black notables.

But in context, Malcolm X was talking about Martin Luther King!

Does anyone think MLK "betrayed" black people? Only a few black supremacists who thought engaging with the white powerbase in the USA was tantamount to a satanic pact. Of whom Malcolm X was, in his time, first and foremost.

Malcolm X is sort of like Che Guevara for African-Americans. Nice mythos, a few choice quotes, looks good on a T-shirt, but by Christ the real person behind the legend was 100% wanker.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join