It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Alien found in New Mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I really Don't think that picture's anything to do with a 'dog'.
Dallas

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So, what'd the Friday followup newscast have to say? They haven't updated their website yet....

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Well I was falling asleep waiting for it, but they did admit that it was not Chupacabra or an alien, but was in fact a manta ray. Although they didn't go into how it wound up on the west mesa.

They played it real cutesy, but they did have a bit I think where they talked to some marine biologist.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The object in question is a dried skate, a bottom dwelling fish very similar to a manta ray. Dried skates have historically been used as hoax material, at one time there was a thriving cottage industry in making dried monsters from artfully cut skates; they are refered tio as "Jenny Hannivers." If you have ever seen one, it is obvious, without question that is what is in the NM photo.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I found this picture on htmlhelp.com of a somewhat transluscent skate that would seem to support that assertion.

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 06:47 AM
link   

The object in question is a dried skate, a bottom dwelling fish very similar to a manta ray. Dried skates have historically been used as hoax material, at one time there was a thriving cottage industry in making dried monsters from artfully cut skates; they are refered tio as "Jenny Hannivers." If you have ever seen one, it is obvious, without question that is what is in the NM photo.

Yep, as I posted as soon as I saw the first pic... Since I've seen them before, it was a no-brainer....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join