It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Alien found in New Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is about some low tech stuff but here's what I got. I snapped some pics off of my TV while they were running the story. Your lucky I have a big screen The story goes pretty much like what was linked prevously, however at the end of tonight's broadcast, they alluded to the fact that this creature is believed to have come from the sea. They didn't finish the story, they will wrap it up tomorrow, so maybe they will not be fooled and will clue everyone into the fact that this is a hoax.

Here's the pics.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
It looks like does creatures from the Movie "Pitch Black" with Ven Diesel.

But still ALien or not that still is some freaky #e.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Kudos to Gaz

I thought it was a horseshoe crab until Gaz's link

[edit on 11-2-2005 by JoeDoaks]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Its viewable at KOBTV.COM. Comes with a Horn and long tail and is appx 18" tall. I can't identify it, can you ? See the video..
Dallas

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
see? THIS is the type of debunkment i can totally agree with.....hard proof that this is not some alien hybrid from dulce.

gaz....one of the good ones.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   
yeah, but who is perpetrating the hoax? channel 4? or the individual who found it. sorry, i have not seen the segment, but wouldnt a little bit of tests proove it a hoax fairly quick?

i mean, if this thing is constructed of differing parts from multiple species - we would be able to tell with some DNA tests or something right?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:29 AM
link   

yeah, but who is perpetrating the hoax? channel 4? or the individual who found it. sorry, i have not seen the segment, but wouldnt a little bit of tests proove it a hoax fairly quick?

i mean, if this thing is constructed of differing parts from multiple species - we would be able to tell with some DNA tests or something right?

The individual who "found" it is the obvious choice.
Channel 4 is likely just guilty of rushing it on the air as a fluff piece without even doing the slightest bit of research. As for me, I've seen plenty of these, so I knew what it was the second I saw it. Hell, our local baseball team is the Devil Rays after all...

It'll never get as far as DNA tests, as any marine biologist would easily identify it.

Its viewable at KOBTV.COM. Comes with a Horn and long tail and is appx 18" tall. I can't identify it, can you ? See the video..

Looks like a shovel-nose ray...can't remember the scientific name for it, but it's basically such a ray's corpse cut and with a little rearranging. I've actually hooked rays several times when fishing...(they're a bitch to get off the hook and release back, as you have to make sure you've got a foot on that tail barb, and they've got a hard toothlike ridge), so I'm pretty familiar with the underside of rays. Even unaltered, they've got some freaky lookin' "faces"....

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I believe that this is a hoax. I can say that it could be a prehistoric sea creature. I do not believe that this in an alien tough. I have asked my teacher about his opinion on it and I think that I am going to go with him. It looks about like the chest cavity of a fish. It may not be a fish looking fish, but more of a sea erchent type creature. Its definantly not a corpse so I wouldnt worry too much about it. Take a few closer looks. Forgot the persons name above but they took some great pictures on it. It shows in detail, a good amount of hard evidence.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Found some more info to illustrate what this is... (i.e. a ray) This has some excellent underside pics to show how the underside gives the impression of a "face" (even though their eyes are actually topside)...

www.ucpress.edu...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
the "alien" did look funny - whatever was used for the 'face' just didnt make sense. the jaw had no moving parts. hardly believable.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
In last nights piece, Channel 4 did not reveal what it truly was. They did a bit of a setup, ... "most of the locals, think it's a Chupacabra". They are going to continue the story on this evenings 10PM broadcast. I am betting that after they took it to game and fish, they took it to the university, and had someone who knows something look at it there.

They will probably spill the beans on the hoax tonight.

As for the perpetrator of it? Probably the 2 guys that were out on the mesa hunting. The story goes, he was kicking at the ground and noticed something, and that's when he dug it up. That things looks very fragile, and if you were stomping on it, you wouldn't have left what they have there.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

They will probably spill the beans on the hoax tonight.

Let's hope so. Perpetuating it only damages the integrity of the field.

I used their FEEDBACK option to tell the station the following:

This is in regards to your story last night on the supposed "alien" or "chupacabra".

This is the corpse of a ray, and is an old sailor's hoax. Here's some links for your investigators...to support my statement.

www.amonline.net.au...
www.amonline.net.au...
www.ucpress.edu...

Just thought I'd clear that up.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Gazrok]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thank you for the pictures! That is the strangest thing I've ever seen. Those eyes and the one horn, and that bat-like wing! What on earth is it?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Man that's really lame. I knew about that devilfish hoax when I was 9 years old. It's sad to see the media even wasting people's time with that.

Hmm...makes me even more skeptical about this Peter Jennings show coming up...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well, let's hope they vindicate themselves with the truth tonight before doing any more damage...
I've given them plenty to go on, so if they do even an ounce of research they'll see their explanation...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Looks like some clay creation to me. I am totally lost. I thought this thread was about that doglike thing. Now it is about that bone looking structure.
The dog thing is old news. It was shot by a farmer and was found to be a fox with severe mange.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Btw, I wholeheartedly agree about it being teh remains of a Ray. Good call, person above me a few posts.

And they ARE freaky looking either way hahaha.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yeah if it was anything really important doubt some guy would be managing it with his bare hands!

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
yeah, this thing strikes me as looking like a ray after having the misfortune of becoming a Texas speed bump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join