It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear doubters, B.o.B wants to prove the Earth is flat once and for all

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Maybe rap isn't paying well and he needs more "cash flow".

As for as launching multiple satellites into space for 200K, he'll have to wait until Walmart starts offering launches.

If this isn't a straight out con, I would almost feel sorry for the guy.

I'll take a knee to honor the education and common sense he passed on.

Last year, rapper B.o.B. used Twitter to jump on the 'flat Earth' bandwagon, and it looks like he's been riding it ever since.
The "Nothin' on You" star has started a GoFundMe campaign to find Earth's curve and see if our planet is actually round (and not a flat disc hanging in space as flat Earthers typically believe).

Earth's curve is a big contention for flat Earthers, who argue that if the earth was round, the "curve" would be more visible to the earthbound human eye.

B.o.B.'s campaign says the plan is to "launch multiple satellites into space" in order to observe, and try to disprove, what centuries of science and technology have already confirmed. All he needs is a small investment of $200,000 dollars (and launch approval, of course).

He's titled his mission "Show BoB The Curve." By Monday afternoon it had racked up $255 and 105 shares on Facebook.
Over the last few years, the works of Aristotle and Galileo have come up against armchair astronomers who believe, like really believe, the Earth is flat.

Link

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

If this isn't a straight out con, I would almost feel sorry for the guy.

But hes Black so....

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I think BOB might be better off just believing the Earth is flat. If he proves it's not, what significance in the world will he hold? He would have to rely SOLELY on his rapping career. (gotta think long term Bobby, you aren't getting any younger), and might as well try to stay as relevant as you can for now. Your 15 minutes are almost up.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

By Monday afternoon it had racked up $255

Those nickles and dimes add up.

His next bit of education arrives when he goes to SpaceX with his $200K and they laugh.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
$200.000 for several satellites? well i guess if he thinks the earth is flat then he must think he get it done for that amount. in the words of Dave Chappelle from Haft Baked "you have smoked your self retarded"

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

If the Earth's flat there's a simple solution.

www.argos.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I have questions. Why can't he use the satellites that already exist up there? What makes his satellites more credible than the existing ones? Why does he think that satellites that have proven the world is round are wrong but his satellites will be right?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I have questions. Why can't he use the satellites that already exist up there? What makes his satellites more credible than the existing ones? Why does he think that satellites that have proven the world is round are wrong but his satellites will be right?

The "man" is always lying. How can he believe what satellites from round Earth people show.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I'm guessing because most flat earthers believe all the nasa et al pictures are faked.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Someone tell this guy it isn't necessary. We know for an absolute fact that the earth is a sphere.

Eratosthenes figured this out around 200 BC. He made a pretty accurate estimate of the Earth's circumference as well.

These flat earthers will never cease to astound me.

His $200,000 (if he raises it) would be better spent paying for a uni student's astronomy course.
edit on -050009am9kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Ok. That's fair. So why does he think that if EVERY satellite in existence is lying about the earth being round then why would he expect his own satellites to not lie about the earth being round... It's like he doesn't understand that math stays constant no matter how many times you calculate it.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Because satellites are fake news. The gubment shoots rockets off to fool people there are satellites orbiting a spherical Globe.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
$200,000 could build a nice park with volunteer labor in an under-served urban community. Young lives matter!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Trying to understand crazy person logic makes my head hurt...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I bet he believes the currently accepted physics are a lie. Some how his instruments will be immune.

If it's a round disk hanging in space, what if he captures the round part of the face instead of the edge. Blown mind time.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

Trying to understand crazy person logic makes my head hurt...

Its easy if you keep laughing...

For instance, gravity isn't real either. It cannot be if the earth is 'flat'. The gubment has gravity machines to fool everyone.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Hey! Maybe he'll prove that the world is being carried on the backs of four (maybe five) elephants all standing on the back of a giant turtle moving throughout the universe!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I imagine it would be fascinating to watch these flat earthers design the experiment.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That would explain why the government isn't allowed to go unfunded. If the US didn't have the money to kick in for elephant feed, the world collapses. I bet it is a black project.

edit on 9/26/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

the one's "The Man" put up there have fisheye lenses, which make anything look curved. (yes, that is the real theory)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join