It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriots charge people $4.50 for tap water

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Then let me ask you.

Would you drink the free water out of a ditch or would you prefer the ditch water after it went through reverse osmosis?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Considering most bottled water is just reverse osmosis city water they are pretty much paying the same price.

Reverse Osmosis removes all the vital minerals that our body needs, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

15-20 seconds is hardly forever, especially when there never seems to be a line at any water fountain ever. People seem content with their syrup and alcohol. I know I enjoy my pepsi flavored syrup, and usually buy one and just refill it with water afterwards. Its strange that I do the opposite at sports venues vs. the cinema. AT the movies I drink water first and then refill with icee, at the games I buy soda first and refill with water. I just now realized I do that ...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Yes it does, so you know you are getting the most purest form of H20 possible! Water is not a significant source of minerals though so its irrelevant. It is very good to use for your marine fish tank with stony coral for consistency in water quality as well.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Then let me ask you.

Would you drink the free water out of a ditch or would you prefer the ditch water after it went through reverse osmosis?

I would drink the RO water since me and dysentery are not on speaking terms presently.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Reverse Osmosis removes all the vital minerals that our body needs, doesn't it?

It depends on the thickness of the filtration membranes but you are typically left with less minerals than what you started with and re-mineralization is costly process.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: intrptr

Riiiiight....

They buy those cups by the bazillion and it still costs them $4.50 each cup.

More like taxpayers are paying that much for the cups and that's their pocket change loot.

Intrptr isn't entirely wrong. The stadium tracks their sales based on cups sold. The price is assumed to be $4.50 a cup because using that formula, the concession can budget for $4.50 worth of ice and soda to have been sold with said cup. It's a system that allows them to prevent concessioneers from giving away free drinks to friends, cute girls, themselves, etc.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's just for inventory control.
Every other employee in the stadium had a two way radio. They communicated with somebody before selling the water, that somebody made a bad decision.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If they serve Alcohol don’t they have to provide free water? That’s how it is in a lot of the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard
HA! It is not like that in any of the bars or clubs in Ybor City, Tampa. Not even at the pool halls I go to. No water fountains either. I think we should make a law that every public business that is there to serve the general public has a water fountain.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.... $4.50 is still cheaper than getting a large cup of Pepsi at the theater for.... $6-7.00 -!!!

And $10.00 for popcorn!!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I was thinking the same thing lol...why not just fill up the empty bottle?? I mean, I get why that's messed up...paying that much for actual bottled water strikes me as excessive, much less plain old tap water...but a little common sense goes a long way in situations like these. Maybe they all thought the tap water from the concession stand would somehow be better quality than that from a fountain or restroom tap? Ah well...there is indeed a sucker born every minute. Too funny.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
...but a little common sense goes a long way in situations like these.

Right? It isn't like these were mouth breathing Browns fans.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I've heard of this before at some venues. To have an accurate count of drinks dispensed, the cups with the bar codes are counted. Even if the cups are empty. If the cup is distributed it goes into the count and a charge must be placed. After the game, the number of cups returned are compared to the number of cups supplied for the accurate inventory of dispensed fluids.

Just maybe a different software inventory system should be implemented. Jeez.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

At least they used far less plastic bottles, although I guess the cups were plastic too.

I go to a couple of festivals here and they smash us $12 for a can of bourbon and coke, water is also $5 a bottle....

Getting fleeced by big business is what us peons do best.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill
Sad part is it says the price was $4.50 for water in a cup.... does that mean $4.50 for it in a bottle was acceptable?

I don’t think so!!! Water shouldn’t be a commodity period. It is required for ALL life and shouldn’t be used for monetary gain.

Just my .02

Tell that to Nestle who are milking the Great Lakes. Or T. boon Pickens, who is gobbling up rights to drill the Ogallala reservoir dry.
But that's good ol' capitalism for you.
Billionaires buy the very thing that no human life can exist without and then determine what those humans will pay for access to it.

I only Wished ATS had a symbol for ..|..,

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The more likely reason is that whoever is manning the concessions, which is usually a group trying to earn money for a non-profit/charity, has to pay for the number of cups used.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This and all that knee crap, the thrill is gone.
Never another live game. The only way they get away with ripping everyone off, is that we allow it.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Football wast of time as most sports .
A reenactment of the hunt and war .
( you know why you hear so much grunting at a football game ? They haven't evolved speech yet . )
Still in the grunt stage ( only reason we have never found a big foot is the NFL has hunters who find them shave them and teach them to through )

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join