It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriots charge people $4.50 for tap water

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The patriots football game on Sunday was played in the heat. 86 degrees hot. They expected high water sales so they had a larger than usual inventory of bottles water. 4 times the normal inventory.

Well they ran out so they started selling tap water in soda cups for $4.50.

"The New England Patriots found themselves in hot water this Sunday after fans complained that they were asked to pay $4.50 for tap water at Gillette Stadium."

Talk about taking advantage of people. They already sold 4 time their normal amount of bottled water, then fleeced fans for tap water.
The people attending the game are not allowed to bring in outside food or drinks.

www.boston.com...

Shame on you new England.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Sad part is it says the price was $4.50 for water in a cup.... does that mean $4.50 for it in a bottle was acceptable?

I don’t think so!!! Water shouldn’t be a commodity period. It is required for ALL life and shouldn’t be used for monetary gain.

Just my .02

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Wow, that's insane. Worst part is we already fund them with our tax dollars at a tune of about a billion per year. Not sure who made that decision but they should feel really guilty right about now.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And now we get to the issue of what they charge their minion fans for concessions.........

edit on 26-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
And now we get to the issue of what their charge their minion fans for concessions.........

When you buys the ticket, you pays the price, 'cause you agreed to play their game (on you).

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
I have been charged 3$ in a bar for what was barely an 8 ounce can worth of water. It really pissed me off, I was thirsty!
But, in the case of the Patriot's tap water charge, I am not that upset. In fact, I congratulate them for being good capitalists and here is why:
Every sports stadium has public water fountains! I have seen them at football stadiums, baseball stadiums, hockey arenas, and a couple of basketball venues. Public and free water. Now if dumb people want to pay $4.50 for the same exact water that was at those fountains, well that is their prerogative. And if they want to complain, point to the bathrooms and the fountains and remind them the same water is right there for free. They should take their #ing bottle they already spent money on or their cup and fill the bitch up at the sink or the fountain, WHINY PHUCKS!

Bitchy ass entitled #s, all of them!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Thats because the stadium pays that much for the cups, whether they fill them or not.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
And now we get to the issue of what their charge their minion fans for concessions.........

When you buys the ticket, you pays the price, 'cause you agreed to play their game (on you).

For beer, sure
Hotdogs,
Pretzels,
Yup, you know what you're getting into.

I can even accept bottled water being priced high but not tap water.

This is no different that the retailers taking advantage of people fleeing the huricanes.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

When you pay exuberant loot for the ticket you agree to be price gouged at the concessions stand?

That's some serious minion mentality there.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Riiiiight....

They buy those cups by the bazillion and it still costs them $4.50 each cup.

More like taxpayers are paying that much for the cups and that's their pocket change loot.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I went to the opening game at Clemson. It was hot. Water bottles were only $1.00, because they KNEW people would NEED water. And they had plenty. Clemson is a class act, all the way around!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

ERROR!

The point of capitalism is competition drives down prices.

This case here is textbook monopolistic exploitation and should NOT be celebrated.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I ran a little league concession stand for several years and we had Pepsi deliver bottled water.
It was 45 cents for a 20 oz bottle of aqua fina.

So they still made good money without raping fans.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
negative my dear sir, those cups are very cheap, on average between $0.08 - $0.25 each when bought in bulk. The $4.50 is for the service of somebody grabbing the cup, walking to the sink or their water spigot from the fountain beverage machine, maybe putting a lid or a lemon in , then handing it to the paying schmuck with a smile and saying "thank you, come back soon!"

It comes with the added convenience of being allowed to complain when you realize what a schmuck you just were for not walking to the drinking fountain or filling it yourself from the sink. Some people however feel it is worth forking out nearly five bucks if it saves them those few extra steps to the rest room area. Thats even though those bathrooms are usually closer and they would probably be getting up anyways to use it to wash their hands or handle business.

Now I get tat it may be questionable to fill from the sink where people are washing dirt and who knows what off their hands, but there are still water fountains outside. I know they have an machine at the Ray's stadium and Yankee training stadium that is specifically for re-filling water bottles or cups people have already bought. Its right next to some water fountains too.

It looks like these are becoming a trend actually because I have seen them at two malls in the area as well a zaxby's and a KFC in Pinellas. A wise move IMO.
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The product is available for free to the entire public at the venue!!! Rules for celebration of capitalism apply! People just want to pay for the service with the convenience of nagging. That service just happens to be worth about $4.50 . Inflation baby, somebody tells me it used to be a dollar less.

edit on 9-26-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thats because the stadium pays that much for the cups, whether they fill them or not.

$4.50 for a disposable cup made out of styrofoam they buy in bulk? I think not.

I can buy, through a quick google search (so i'm 90% sure i'm being ripped off) 60 of the things for £4. So about $5.50.

This is just unfairly exorbitant.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

those cups are very cheap, on average between $0.08 - $0.25 each when bought in bulk. The $4.50 is for the service

Beer is cheap too, costing a hundred times less than they charge for it, same wth soda, popcorn, tickets, added to the price of 'service'.

To make matters simpler they just pay for the cups up front, and count the cups. This guarantees they won't be used for other than refreshments.

I know its penny pinching, a whole 08 cents.

Next time you're at a game, theme park, movie theatre, ask for an empty cup, hear them tell you the cup is the same price empty or full.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

just about all bottled water is tap water, just run through a couple more filters and processes, some not even. i never understood why people buy it for their home. now if your dying of thirst maybe, but why pay the prices they charge for it and just get water that you could get from the house.

edit on 26-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: new_here
I went to the opening game at Clemson. It was hot. Water bottles were only $1.00, because they KNEW people would NEED water. And they had plenty. Clemson is a class act, all the way around!

Good for them. I've seen $5 bottles of water at games, but I haven't been in a long time.

Maybe there should be a "law" against jacked up prices like that. I mean, if they will not let you bring your own inside a game or a concert, they should not be able to charge you such outrageous prices.

A few years ago I went to a concert, and not only were bottles of water not allowed from the outside, they were $5 at the venue, and....they took the bottle caps when they gave them to you. That pissed me off because I like to carry water around in a bag. Additionally, a 16oz can of beer was $18. Screw that place.

Patriots charge people $4.50 for tap water

Patriots they are, then. Making the most of American Capitalism! :/

Screw them for charging that for tap water.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

The cups are counted for inventory control.
When they pour beer or soda on tap it's easy for a vendor to slip in some free ones.
They could have easily counted a few boxes of cups for water under the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The cups are counted for inventory control.
When they pour beer or soda on tap it's easy for a vendor to slip in some free ones.
They could have easily counted a few boxes of cups for water under the circumstances.

You're the concession manager signing off on that?

You're fired.

The real manager: "Each cup is four fifty, got it?"

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join