It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coach teaches some respect for the National Anthem

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
Compare your tweet (evidence?) to this:

Sept. 5th - Hurricane Irma - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Emergency Declaration

Sept. 6th - Hurricane Irma - Readout of President Donald J. Trump’s Call with Governor Ricardo Rosselló of Puerto Rico

Sept 10th - Hurricane Irma - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Disaster Declaration

Sept 18th - Hurricane Maria - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Emergency Declaration

Sept. 20th - Hurricane Maria - Statement from the Press Secretary on Hurricane Response and Recovery Efforts in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands

Sept. 21st - Hurricane Maria - President Donald J. Trump Approves Puerto Rico Disaster Declaration

Today Sept. 26th - Hurricane Maria - President Donald J. Trump Amends Puerto Rico Disaster Declaration

So who's lying here?

so why has the trump administration refused to waive the jones act to get aid to puerto rico faster, when they waived it twice in the last month for assistance for hurricanes that hit our mainland?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: thesaneone

I do not hate anyone here.

I hate what is going on with the membership, and I am damned if I will take any small part of it quietly, but I do not hate anybody here at all. If I did, I would not care what they were doing to themselves in the least.

Same as it ever was.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau
a reply to: Domo1

I'm a veteran and don't care. I didn't swear an oath to a flag or piece of music. Start respecting the constitution Donald Trump. All the rest of this is crap you traitor.

Exactly which part of the constitution did President Trump violate?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

I'm a veteran and don't care. I didn't swear an oath to a flag or piece of music. Start respecting the constitution Donald Trump. All the rest of this is crap you traitor.

Exactly which part of the constitution did President Trump violate?

None, but come on, when does reality ever get in the way of a good anti-Trump drama?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That hypocrisy works both ways. Can't wait to see your thread about the trials & tribulations of living in the U.K. ......We await that thread.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Unless it violates the law Einstein.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

so why has the trump administration refused to waive the jones act to get aid to puerto rico faster, when they waived it twice in the last month for assistance for hurricanes that hit our mainland?

Because he's a raging racist who is only concerned about the NFL, of course. Is this the next story they are feeding you to cover for their lies?

JOHN YANG: Governor, are you getting all the aid you need or getting it fast enough from the states?

GOV. RICARDO ROSSELLO: First of all, we are very grateful for the administration. They have responded quickly.

The president has been very attentive to the situation, personally calling me several times. FEMA and the FEMA director have been here in Puerto Rico twice. As a matter of fact, they were here with us today, making sure that all the resources in FEMA were working in conjunction with the central government.

We have been working together. We have been getting results. The magnitude of this catastrophe is enormous. This is going to take a lot of help, a lot of collaboration. So, my call is to congressmen and congresswomen to take action quickly and conclusively with an aid package for Puerto Rico.

Devastated Puerto Rico needs unprecedented aid, says governor
edit on 27-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Perhaps if you actually read the constitution, you'd know Trump's statements having nothing at all to do with it.

Is the concept that freedom of speech and freedom of expression is not protected in the work place too complicated for you? Don't believe me? Going into work tomorrow and yell "I'm a proud Nazi" a dozen times and see how long you have a job.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Unless it violates the law Einstein.

So you don't think it is safe to assume that their contract would be legal? Did you know that they pay several lawyers lots of money to draw up the contracts Einstein? Or did you just assume that they draw one up with crayons off the top of their head Einstein?

Okay Einstein I'll re word it for you.

If the players violate their legally binding contract by not standing for the national anthem then they can legally be fired.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If you have a problem with these kneeling protests, then you have no idea what the flag you covet is supposed to stand for, nor what the blood you falsely claim to wish to honour, was actually shed for.

Oh Brit, you never cease to put a smile on my face.

Blood was shed so people could have the first amendment and to have life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Where I come from we have a saying 'don't give it if you can't take it' which is the cro-magnon version of the first amendment. Folk can be right or wrong but at least they have the freedom to be just, it's a privilege many nations don't have, which is why Donald Dunce's rant against the NFL seems like an attempt to mute freedom of expression.

My first ever tweet was to Trump, it was inexplicably banned despite no cursing-it was just a question about the wall. Yet somehow he doesn't get banned for his tirades.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread so forgive me if I'm reiterating someone else's point...

As the controversy over the kneeling and the potential ruling forcing the players to stand grows, news articles are touting the actions of "several players raising their fists in a black power type salute". This is racist and I don't care to be the one to point it out. If white players began raising their hands in a "heil hitler" type salute, how quickly would someone be butt hurt and raising a stink? That would be a blatantly obvious racial slur and people would break their own necks to be the first to say they are offended by it. The black panther/ black power movement is rooted in the advancement of the black race, much as any number of movements we could list are rooted in white power and advancement. The name "black power" movement tells all that needs to be said.

Much as "All lives matter, so dont kill anyone ragardless of race" makes more sense than BLM, showing solidarity with a movement of black power is equally bad.

The articles also say that the players that have been kneeling up to this point, if forced to stand, it would be obvious that they have been coerced or forced into it. Well, yeah. The field is their workplace and the team is their employer, and the fans are their customers. The bosses get to tell the employees what to do- thats how rules work. If you think that kneeling is fine on the field on their workday to protest something that is in no way affiliated with that days activities, then when you show up to work at Lowe's tomorrow, take a knee in the aisle and when asked why, say you're protesting pollution. You'll be bounced out the door on your ass. If you want to protest something, theres a time and place for it.

If these players really gave a damn about the people on the street and how they were treated, they'd be calling community meetings with leaders. They'd be doing real acts to make real change. Its really easy to REST and say you're doing it for the helpless. It takes actual effort and work to make change.

I'm gonna sleep in tomorrow in protest of the penguins losing habitat... or something. I'll let you know if it's succesful.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join