It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coach teaches some respect for the National Anthem

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It is offensive, especially in sports where sportsmanship and professionalism is expected of highly-paid athletes.

It's too bad you don't expect the same kind of professionalism from the President as well.

I'm sorry but I can't take this conversation serious and can't take any of you serious either for obsessing on it.

So go ahead and freak out because of it. I won't bother you anymore with my opinions. It just is so not important when compared to everything else that is happening and it's just another way to divide people and everyone is eating it up.

I will hand it to Trump actually. He does know how to manipulate people and the media like a champ.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It is offensive, especially in sports where sportsmanship and professionalism is expected of highly-paid athletes.

It's too bad you don't expect the same kind of professionalism from the President as well.

I'm sorry but I can't take this conversation serious and can't take any of you serious either for obsessing on it.

So go ahead and freak out because of it. I won't bother you anymore with my opinions. It just is so not important when compared to everything else that is happening and it's just another way to divide people and everyone is eating it up.

I will hand it to Trump actually. He does know how to manipulate people and the media like a champ.

I enjoy your opinions, friend. If I didn’t respect them I wouldn’t touch them. The battle of opinions is the cornerstone of free societies, so please, let’s not let our opinions divide us.

As for the professionalism of the our leaders, I demand results more than I do public relations.

And that is one of the good things about Trump, one of the reasons I like the guy, is that he gets the conversations started. I suspect over time we will all be better off because of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Isn't ironic the very thing that unites us together as American citizens is the very thing they want to tear down.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This will or at least should get real-world memeified. It's already started but it's not quite there yet.

The kneel will be the new dab. Until it gets played out but people will still do it anyways.

I'm going to start kneeling in awkward places like when the bartender is taking too long. I'm going to give a pained look and kneel, maybe dab while I'm doing it. Deel? Knab? I think I like Knab.

Knab for perceived injustice.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Grimpachi

Oddly enough what they're doing doesn't even take anything away from the anthem or the game at all. They don't speak or make statements or do anything other than take a knee vs. stand.

They don't stop anything from happening as it normally would. In fact, if you didn't look at them and were looking at the flag like you're supposed to, you wouldn't even see them kneeling.

So yeah. Let's hear it for Freedom.

Jesus you guys are uptight.

Trump has turned the Right into snowflakes.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Domo1

If you have a problem with these kneeling protests, then you have no idea what the flag you covet is supposed to stand for, nor what the blood you falsely claim to wish to honour, was actually shed for.

For the first time in a long time... I agree with you... bigly.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don't agree with the overall point behind the protest. Its a nuanced debate, but overall they are protesting a strawman over a evidence based reality.

I am glad I live in a country where people can protest as they desire

I never really got into football, This will neither sway me to watch nor pretend I am swearing off it. The superbowl is fun to watch though.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I remember when someone called Obama "the great divider".
You don't really hear much from that crowd as of late

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

That's the plan. Destroy everything in order to replace it with the communist hell hole the radicals on the left so desire.
I think their dream is for the whole country to be like the south side of Chicago.
edit on 27/9/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

My heart is exactly as it used to be. The ONLY difference, is the sort of witless propaganda following, rhetoric absorbing, nationalist tripe and the volume of it, that is thrown before my eyes, by a membership which increasingly fails to express understanding of the dangers of following leaders, the danger of tolerating intolerance, the sort of far right apologist nonsense that members from the right are engaged in of late.

The site, its membership, the world has changed. I have not. I remain dedicated to the same principles I have always been dedicated to. I have ALWAYS been staunchly against Nazism, racism, and phobic political positions. I have always been for secular governance, and the freedom to engage in faith without the freedom to force it on others. I have always been for the rights of workers, and against the notion that corporatism ought to be permitted.

The difference is, that moons ago, when I first started here and for some time after, those who were differently politically aligned to myself, recognised the danger in absolute nationalism, understood that blind fealty to ANY concept is unhealthy and places societies in which it is rife, under threat of being made into a dark machine that will eventually destroy the human race through nothing more than hubris and ignorance. It used to be that people here gave a damn about justice, history and more crucially, the importance of learning from it.

But apparently the membership can no longer be trusted to remember the lessons it used to consider important, about what has been before. Now, there are apologists for Nazis, who draw false equivalencies between those who fight Nazism (which is a noble and just thing to do, no matter whose banner it is done under), and those who are Nazis themselves. Apparently the membership can no longer be trusted to have a nuanced and sophisticated approach to whether or not they support their nations leader, despite the fact that at no time since I was born, has it been easier to see the propagandist, corporatist element for what they are.

Now there are those who believe that ones freedom to protest a thing can now be limited to certain times of day, may not be conducted in the presence of a particular piece of fabric, or during the playing of a certain arrangement of musical notes, despite the fact that they protested bitterly at the erection of special places for free speech on college campuses, despite the fact that these are the same people who believe their second amendment rights apply in all quarters, and are offended when gun free zones crop up here and there.

My stance has not changed, the stimulus has. If things were as they are now in the world, back when you seem to think I was a different man, I would be saying the same things, my responses would be the very same as they are now. Right and wrong do not change with the seasons. Justice and injustice are not defined differently, just because time has passed, and I do not see things any differently than I did years ago. The crap with which I am confronted has changed. That is ALL.

I react more strongly, more loudly, because all I have seen is this membership going further and further away from the meeting point we used to share, walking away from the table. I suggest that those who wish to see a return to the days of civility and decorum that we used to enjoy, get the hell back on the line, and stand at my shoulder, rather than falling over themselves to erect false equivalencies, rather than insisting that those who refuse to merely accept the status quo, and the injustice that STILL comes with it are some how not patriots, despite the fact that the nation in which they are living only exists because someone back in time understood patriotism better than their fellows.

Or, put another way, if you do not like losing friends, choose your enemies more wisely.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

How much of a witless cretin do you have to be, to behave in a manner that expresses that I am correct in my assumption?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Extremists on the left created the environment that now seems to make you angry. There is no common ground anymore. You will have to learn to live with it.

P.s. brevity can be fun.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I do not have to learn to live with that, and I do not accept your assertion. The left created not one single element of the current situation, because in order to do so, they would have had to have had some sort of power in actual governance in the last thirty years, which they have not, either here in the UK, or in the United States of America. If you think they have, you may just need to adjust your set, because there has not been a remotely left wing government in either country since I have been alive, by any measure worth applying.

As for brevity, you may see fit to reduce your input to the length and depth of a Twitter post, but that is not what this site is for, so I will carry on in the manner to which I am accustomed.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

"Quite weapons for Silent Wars" ,we are seeing it's latter applications now that the family has been broken up ,digitally.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Noncents

I can't ...I'm a combat American,I only bow to God.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

But apparently the membership can no longer be trusted to remember the lessons it used to consider important, about what has been before.

Why don't you come down off that high horse, you my friend have been found guilty of the very thing you claim your against, hatred.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I do not hate anyone here.

I hate what is going on with the membership, and I am damned if I will take any small part of it quietly, but I do not hate anybody here at all. If I did, I would not care what they were doing to themselves in the least.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I'm just going on what you have posted in the past.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Domo1

If you have a problem with these kneeling protests, then you have no idea what the flag you covet is supposed to stand for, nor what the blood you falsely claim to wish to honour, was actually shed for.

That's like saying we shouldn't have a problem with those that burn our flag. I respect their rights to do what they want but I can damn well have a problem with what they are doing.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Thats just it. Many people are suggesting that they do NOT respect the right to protest in the manner dealt with in this thread, even though it does not violate any flag code in any state, or any federal paper or ordinance.

People are saying the fellows ought to be fired from their jobs, or suffer a fine, or some other totally unjustifiable claptrap! I applaud you for having an even hand in the matter, by respecting their rights even though you disagree with their methods, but you appear to be in a slim minority at the moment!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join